- Text Size +
Chapter 24

Tony caught up with Mac in the parking garage. "Hey, how'd it go?" she asked, pulling out her keys.
"Good, she was shocked at how I knew"
"So you didn't tell her it was me?"
"No"
"So I don't need the shotgun duck taped under my car?"
"You have a shotgun… never mind. I forgot it was you we were talking about"
"What do you mean by that?"
"Well, people who have sex in autopsy drawers are usually weird."
"I'm never gonna live that down am I?"
"Nope"
"And I don't why it is such a big deal. I mean, no one got all weirded out when Palmer and Lee were doing it in autopsy and in the back of the van!"
"They what!?"
"Take it you didn't know then"
"Ya think?"
"Tony, you wanna know something?" Mac said, slowly walking over to him and placed her hand right over his shoulder so that her head was right at his ear.
"What?"
"My shotgun" she whispered, "It's a 12 gauge" she said, pulling back to her original stance.
"You know, that verges on sexual harassment"
"And what we did last night didn't?"
"Well, that's true. God, you're such a flirt"
"I am not!" she said, offended.
"Please, you flirt with any guy and he'll hop right into bed with you."
"Like I would. You on the other hand…"
"What? You think I'd be unfaithful"
"Of course not, but you'll fuck anything that moves. And some things that don't"
"You know what. At least I didn't have sex in an autopsy drawer" he said, jumping into his car and driving off as Mac did the same thing.

Mac entered her apartment and threw her keys on the sideboard beside Chris'. The apartment was dark so Mac figured that Chris had already gone to bed, so she was shocked to hear his voice come out of the darkness from the couch. "Where you been?"
"Work. Why are you still up?"
"Oh nothing, just debating a little package I got in the mail."
"Wow don't you feel special" she joked with him.
"I don't actually."
"Calm down Chris, I was joking. What's wrong?"
"Like you don't know"
"Why would I ask if I didn't know?"
"Well, kind of thing I'm curious about, you know, your life"
"Chris, what the hell is going on with you?"
"Why should I tell you, you don't seem to care about me at all."
"Chris…"
"You know what Sarah, I believed you about that whole mafia thing" she said, starting to raise his voice. ‘Shit' she thought. He called me Sarah, this was serious.
"Well you should, it was the truth"
"Oh bullshit!" he yelled, and then quieted down because Matt was asleep. "I know damn well what you were doing!"
"Well, elaborate please" she said, getting pissed off.
"You know what, I can't do this any more" he said, moving towards the door and putting his jacket on.
"Do what!"
"I want a divorce" he said sadly, leaving Mac standing in the dark.
Chapter End Notes:
hm, a short one here, but this is how i wanted to leave the chapter