- Text Size +
Chapter 25

"So, how did you know I was pregnant?" Kate asked as she and Tony sat on the couch.
"Ah, gut feeling"
"What? Are you Gibbs now?"
"I wish, no. just knew"
"Who told you?"
"Kate I just said…" he said, stopping because he saw the look on her face. "Mac kinda let it slip"
"I'm gonna kill her!"
"I wouldn't try, she has a shotgun taped under her car"
"Even if she didn't I wouldn't try. The woman is impossible to kill."
"You tried before"
"Yeah, don't remind me. But she didn't die, proving my point"
"Hm, true" Tony told her as Kate got up to answer the door, on which someone was knocking impatiently. She opened it to reveal Chris, looking pretty pale. "Chris, what's wrong?" she asked worried.
"Nothing" he said cheerily.
"How can I help you?"
"Um, I need to tell you both something"
"Ok, come in" she said, opening the door wide and welcoming him in.
"So what do you need to tell us?" Tony asked, standing up and moving towards him.
"Well, you in particular Tony"
"Really?" he said, ideas on what this was about running through his head.
"Yeah" Chris said, turning round and landing a punch right on Tony's face, making him stumble backwards. He hit him again and again until Tony was on the ground, Chris forcing all his weight on top of him. "You bastard...how could you…that's my damn wife!!" he said between punches, until Tony kicked him of and jumped into a defensive position.
"What the hell are you on about!" Tony yelled, wiping blood from his face.
"You know damn well what I am on about!" Chris yelled, coming at him again. Tony moved out of the way jump in time, and managed to handcuff him, difficultly.
"What the hell is wrong with you?" Kate said, joining Tony, who had just pushed Chris onto the couch.
"Me? It's your fucking husband that has the problem!"
"You know what, I don't want to deal with you now!" Tony yelled, picking up Kate's cuffs and locking one side round the other pair and the other side to the table so Chris couldn't move. "Hey Kate, call Mac…" Tony said, spinning round. But Kate already had the phone up at her ear.

Mac sat on the couch in the dark. What the hell had just happened? She had never seen Chris act like that before, ever. His last words ran through her head. "I want a divorce" how could he? She hadn't done anything intentionally. She ran the last week through her head with no help. DIVORCE! She couldn't believe it. She was perceptive but this was out of the blue. The phone broke her train of though, but she didn't pick up. The machine picked up and Mac heard Kate's voice, kind of angry. "Mac! I know you are there pick up." There was a pause. "Fine then. Don't pick up, but get your ass over here, we need your help" she said and the line went dead. Mac decided to help. It was in her nature. She grabbed her keys and headed next door. She knocked impatiently and waited for her neighbour to answer. She did, wearing a pink nightdress.
"What do you want Sarah?" she said groggily.
"Sorry to disturb you Mrs. Kleinfeld." She told the older woman.
"What is it, it's the middle of the night"
"Could you possibly watch Matt for an hour, he is asleep. Help yourself to food or drink or anything, but I really have to go."
"I was sleeping, you're gonna have to do better."
"Um…I'll arrest your ex-husband"
"Sold" she said, swinging the door behind her and entering Mac's apartment while Mac entered the elevator.

Mac didn't bother knocking, she walked right in to the DiNozzo household and was shocked to see what she did. Chris was handcuffed on the floor, Kate and Tony standing to the side, and they were staring at her. "What the hell is going on here!" she yelled, nearly slamming the door, but remembering the twins were sleeping.
"Ask him, he wont tell us."
"Well, I think the only one who doesn't know is Kate"
"What the hell is with all the cryptic crap?" Mac said, getting pissed again. He didn't answer. "Let him go" she told Tony.
"What? Why?"
"He's obviously pissed, he can bugger off if he wants a divorce" she hissed.
"Divorce?" Tony said, has voice dropping.
"Why?"
"Well, I dunno. He wont tell me!" she said, directing the last part at him as Kate undid the handcuffs. He stood up, rubbing his wrists.
"You wanna know why I'm pissed?" she said quietly.
"Might help" she said, just as pissed.
"Here!" he said, taking a disk from his jacket pocket and throwing it at Tony. It bounced off his chest and fell onto the floor. Tony knelt down and picked it up, pulling it out of the plastic sleeve. He placed it in the drawer of the DVD player and pressed play. A dark image appeared on the screen and came into focus. It showed a ma and a woman.
"Why are you so pissed over some sex ta…" she began until she recognized it. She saw her own hair falling off her shoulder as she rolled over, revealing a stickman tattoo. "Ben Kalba!" she swore, now understanding why Chris did what he did. And so did Tony when he she his own face kissing Mac's neck.