- Text Size +
Chapter 26

"Hm, now I understand. He doesn't though" Mac said, turning it off.
"Yeah well. Now you understand. I'm outta here" he said, storming to the door.
"No" Tony said, slamming his fist onto the wall, his arm barring Chris' path. "I will not let you throw away something this great because of a misunderstanding." he hissed so only Chris could hear.
"What fucking misunderstanding?" he said back.
"I did not sleep with you wife" he stated.
"That's not what it fucking looks like."
"I know, we were undercover"
"Bullshit. That is sex. I know what it looks like. I've done a lot of it"
"Well then you know that Mac would never cheat on you"
"Why should I listen to you? You're the one that fucked her,"
"Dude, will you please stop saying fuck, the kids are right next door."
"Chris seriously, why would I have sex with Tony? No offence"
"None taken. Why would I sleep with you?"
"No idea"
"Stop it!" Chris yelled. "How can you act like that after what you did? I can't believe you can even look me in the eye"
"Why shouldn't I? I wasn't unfaithful"
"Liar!"
"She's not. I was there Chris, it was a mission. Well I wasn't actually there-there, I was in MTAC."
"See"
"But how…" he said, confused.
"We had to go undercover as arms dealers/assassins, we were gonna get Kate to do it, but she um…didn't feel up to it" she said, not sure if Kate wanted Chris told about her pregnancy.
"We had to play married. And you know what married couples do in hotels from personal experience" Mac told him. "Chris, I love you. You know I wouldn't that."
"I love you too" he said, finally. He moved towards her and kissed her passionately. She returned the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck as he ran his through her hair. This went on for several minutes with Tony and Kate standing awkwardly in the background. Chris lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his waist, still pressing her lips against his.
"Uh, guys." Tony chimed in nervously. "I know you are happy this is all sorted out, might you might wanna dial down the tongue, there are children in the house" he told them and Chris put Mac down, but still kept her in his arms.
"Sorry" she apologized. "Well, we'll leave you to it" she said, heading towards the door. "Thanks again" she said, turning round before leaving.
"Um, sorry man. You better put some ice on that" Chris said before following Mac out. Kate got some out the freezer and gave a little laugh as she pressed it on his head.

When Tony got into work the next morning the whole team was already there, including Kate. Kate and Mac burst into fits of laughter when they saw Tony's unsuccessful attempt to cover up his bruises with his sunglasses. "Hey! It's not funny!"
"Oh yeah it is. God Tony, you look terrible" Mac told him
"Thanks a lot. You know this is all your fault"
"My fault! If I beat you up, you wouldn't be able to walk"
"Well I know that, but, technically you caused it."
"No I didn't!"
"Inadvertently"
"You are just as responsible, you know. It takes two to do what we were accused off"
"Well actually…"
"Do not say it DiNozzo!"
"Sorry, we good?"
"Emotionally yeah, your face, no"
"Well, blame your husband"
"Would you have not done the same thing if you thought he was sleeping with Kate?"
"Hm, yeah. Well, I guess I can forgive him"
"Good, then we are all fine?"
"Yup"
"Good, then let's get back to work"
"No case, paperwork"
"Damn it! Can we go back to fighting please?"

An hour later, they had gotten through most of the paperwork, surprisingly. Kate was sitting on Tony's knee, Mac and Pullman were both sitting with their feet crossed on their own desks. "Probie, feet of the desk"
"What! Agent Sciuto gets to!"
"Well there is a difference"
"Which is?" he asked, upset that he was being treated differently.
"I'm scared of her, not you"
"Muah ha ha ha" came her voice. She looked asleep because of her position and the inability to see her eyes from behind Tony's shades, which she had hijacked earlier.
"Nice"
"Thanks" at that moment Tony's phone rang.
"DiNozzo" he answered. "Yeah, right got it" he said, hanging up. "That was dispatch; we got a dead marine in Annandale, Virginia. Pullman, gas the truck" he said, tossing the keys to him.
"Mac, call your dad"
"You got it." She said. A minute later they were all in the elevator.
"Ah, good old times" Tony said as the doors slid shut in front of all of them.

The End

there will be another sequel to this. It should be up soon
Rach