- Text Size +
Chapter 3

"We gotta check out his sister anyway" Tony said as they all stepped into the hall.
"I know. Probie, go chase it up. We're going for lunch." He said, patting him on the shoulder as the whole group left him there on his own.

"Do you think Chris misses Mac all the time?" Tony asked.
"Probably. I know I do" Ducky told him.
"Me too" Abby said.
"I know it has been 4 years, but the team still kinda feels empty without her"
"I know what you mean" Kate said.
"I don't know who the hell you are talking about, so I'm not gonna say anything else" Gary told them.
"She was a special agent who died 4 years ago in a bank heist." Abby started, "She was trying to arrest a suspect when four guys took her and about another 24 people hostage. She tried to reason with them and it didn't work"
"So they killed her?"
"No. she decided to shut up before they did kill her. He had already killed two of the bank staff because they wouldn't give them the money. They demanded a chopper in half an hour or they would kill a hostage every 5 minutes after the deadline. We couldn't get it that fast, so he killed one guy and his partner threw him out of a second story window. He then killed a woman, and the guy did the same thing. Mac obviously tried to stop this and failed. Well then, 15 minutes after the deadline, he was going to kill a kid. Mac took him down with a concealed knife, then the second guy started shooting at her. She eventually got him as well after a gun fight. The guy who had been throwing bodies came down, semi-automatic in full blast, according to witnesses, she got him while he was reloading. But the last guy emptied three rounds into her head. She saved everyone in that bank. She was a hero. Saved all of us at one point or another,"
"That's true" they agreed.
"She sounded like a brilliant agent." Gary said.
"She was."

"What'd you say we get something to drink?" Chris said to the kids.
"Yay!" J yelled.
"Where'd you wanna go?"
"Starbucks" Matt said.
"Wow, you are like your mother. I think there is one round the corner" he said, taking Matt and Sarah by the hand and taking them round the corner.
"Wow, it is a long queue" Chris told them
"We'll wait" Mike said. They got to the front of the queue and there was only one woman in front of them.
"Same as usual?" the server asked her.
"Ah, you know me so well" she laughed. Her accent was Scottish and Chris got a pain in his chest. Anything Scottish reminded him of Mac. He even missed her when he sees how alike Matt is to her.
"There you go"
"Thanks." She said, handing over money,
"See you tomorrow."
"Bye Charlie" she said, spinning round and walking straight into Chris. "Oh, sorry" she said, but Chris wasn't listening.
"Mac?"
"Who?" she said, confused. But Chris was more. This woman was Mac. She was the exact same, even down to the glint in her eye.
"It is you"
"I'm sorry, I don't know who that is." She said, looking away from Chris to the four children. The three younger ones were confused, but Mike just stared in awe. Her eyes moved to Matt. And she froze. She couldn't move.
"Mac." The woman didn't answer, Chris saw the sadness in her eyes. "It is you, you can't even take your eyes of him can you" she tore her eyes from him and looked back at Chris. She ran. Dropping her coffee and rushed past everyone. "Mike, watch them!" Chris yelled as he chased the woman out of the building and down the street. Chris was fast, but so was she. she ran into somewhat of a clearing and she got to the fence, Chris thought he would get her there, but she gracefully gate vaulted it and ran to a motorbike on the other side. She started it and tore down the road, Chris no chance of catching her. He pulled out his cell and dialled Tony's number.
"DiNozzo"
"Tony, it's Chris. We have trouble"