- Text Size +
Chapter 6

“So, you faked your own death” Kate said for the third time.
“Yes Kate, I did”
“And you took my name?”
“How did you get that from people calling me Kate?” Mac said, sarcastically. She then turned round and watched as Tony and Gibbs entered interrogation for the second time. “Ah, to good old times” Mac said, as Kate also turned round.

“We checked your alibi Kenny” Tony said.
“And, she confirmed it didn’t she” he said confidently.
“Nope”
“What?”
“Bet you didn’t expect her to bail on you when we threatened to out her in prison for tax fraud.” Gibbs told them
“That bitch!”
“So, I’ll ask you one more time. Why did you kill her?” he didn’t answer. “Was it because she rejected you?”
“She didn’t fucking reject me!”
“Then what”
“She hit my sister”
“She hit her.”
“Yeah”
“She threw a punch so you fucking raped and murdered her?”
“Bitch deserved it.”
“DiNozzo, get the bastard out of here”
“My pleasure boss” Tony said, pulling Kenny up in a way that hurt him most. He cuffed him and then disappeared out of Mac and Kate’s view.

“So why did you fake your death?” Kate asked when Tony and Gibbs had left interrogation.
“No reason just did it for the banter” she said sarcastically, starting to get annoyed.
“Maybe I should stop it”
“It’s not that Kate, I’ll… I’ll explain it to you all later”
“Ok, lets go” she said, and they left interrogation.
“Good jobs guys” Kate told them.
“Thanks honey. Mac you got a plan for the probie?”
“Yeah, just watch” she said, surprised that only a couple of hours after they had found out she had been alive for four years when they thought she was dead, that things could go back to they way the were.

“Sammy!” Tony called and the probie walked over.
“What is it boss?”
“Someone wants to say hi to you” he said, pointing over the probie’s shoulder. “Shit” he said as Mac’s fist hit him and he fell to the floor.
“Hi” she said, picking him up and cuffing him. “Wow guys. Two arrests. I would say you had a successful trip.” She said, handing the probie over to a nearby cop.
“Mac, can I talk to you?” Chris asked.
“Sure.” She said, heading off to the side with him.
“Are you coming back to DC?”
“If you’ll take me”
“Of course, its just maybe I thought you might have had here…”
“Another guy? No”
“What about friends?”
“I have a couple but mainly I’m kinda a loner. So, will you take me back?”
“Yes” he said, and kissed her again. “The hard part will be explaining it to Matt”
“I know. I don’t know what to say to him”
“Maybe you should try now” Chris said and pointed to Abby who had just entered with Matt.
“Ok” she said, taking a deep breath and walking over to them.

“Abs, would you give us a minute” Mac asked her sister-in-law.
“You got it” she said, letting go of Matt’s hand and walking over to Chris.
“Hi” Matt said to her,
“Hey. Do you know who I am?”
“Maybe, aunt Abby said you used to work at NCIS.”
“I still do. But that isn’t exactly it”
“Then what?”
“I’m your mum” Matt just stood there, trying to decide whether she was legit. He saw the resemblance between them and they way everyone, especially Chris, had reacted to seeing her. He had his father’s eyes, but everything else looked like it belonged to this woman. He made up his mind. He jumped forward and wrapped his arms around Mac’s neck and squeezed tightly. Mac hugged back, a few tears running down her cheek.