- Text Size +
Chapter 7

“So Mac, when are you coming back to DC?” Gerald asked.
“Well, I have to get all my stuff packed up and other crap.” She said, turning round to face him.
“That’s true”
“May be you could go do it now” Gary said to her.
“You trying to get rid of me detective?” she said,
“No, it’s just…” he stuttered
“Gary, I’m kidding” she said with a laugh
“You make everyone weak at the knees” Gerald told her.
“Part of my charm” she said, winking at him. “So Gary, can I go?”
“Sure Kate, I mean Mac” he corrected himself.
“Well then lets go” she said, to Chris and he followed her down the corridor. Around 100 feet from their starting position, Mac jumped and let out a yelp. A man had slapped her ass, and she had been surprised,
“We still on for tonight Kate”
“Um Will,” she said, resisting the urge to whack him in the face. “This is Chris, my husband” the look on the man’s face was priceless. Chris’ reaction was better.
“Hey man, nice to meet you. That’s a nice suit” he said, shaking Will’s hand.
“Um…”
“Well, bye” Mac said, turning away and walking with Chris again.
“He seemed nice”
“He isn’t” she said, rounding the corner and stepping into the elevator.

Two weeks later everything was back to normal at NCIS. By normal it meant Mac was back. The looks on everyone’s faces as she walked back in had been priceless. Currently, they all sat at their desks, Gerald up from autopsy, Mike there as well when McGee walked into the bullpen. “S’up ma bitches” he said, and everyone stared, especially Mike.
“Holy Jesus dad, I cannot believe you just said that” he said, burying his face in his hands.
“He’s right probie, you can’t pull that off.” Mac told him.
“What was that special agent Sciuto?”
“Nothing sir. I’m off to see Abby” she said, standing up from her desk. “Gotta blaze bitches” she said, making fun of McGee, turning and entering the elevator.
“Now she on the other hand, can pull that off and she isn’t even American or black” Gerald said, getting a laugh from all the others.

“Hey Abs” Mac said, entering the lab and handing her a caf-pow.
“Thanks” she said, taking a sip.
“You busy?”
“Kinda. No case or anything but I’m making a new pic for the wall.”
“Cool” Mac said, as Abby led her over to the desk.
“Guess what it is”
“Um…” Mac said, looking at it from different angles. Abby had a massive grin on her face. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that was both my gunshots, my stab wound with a cross-section of a burning building, all florescent.”
“Yup”
“Should I be creeped out of honoured?”
“I’m not sure. I’m gonna call it ‘behind blue eyes’ like, kinda about you.”
“Wow, thanks. See ya later” she said, leaving and heading for autopsy.

“Hey dad” she said, seeing Ducky. “Oh and Gerald as well” she said, seeing him round the corner.
“Hey Mac”
“What brings you here Sarah?” Ducky asked, removing his gloves.
“Just coming to say hi dad” he said, jumping up onto a table, dropping her cell in the process, “Shit” she muttered, going to jump back down to get it.
“Don’t, I got it” Gerald said, running over and picking it up and placing it back in her hand.
“Why thank you” she said, flashing her beautiful smile at him. Gerald turned round and went to the microscope, a goofy grin on his face. “Well, gotta go” she said, giving Ducky a peck on the cheek and walking through the open doors. Gerald still have that goofy look on his face, and Ducky noticed.
“She’s married you know” Ducky said, hitting his mark.
“I know” Gerald said, quietly, disappointed.
“You like her?”
“A lot” he reluctantly admitted.
“Well my boy, I’m sorry” Ducky said, patting Gerald on the shoulder as Gerald went to deliver a sample to Abby. As he left, Gibbs arrived. “Ah Jethro. Are we the only to men who haven’t fantasized about my daughter?”
“Um…” Gibbs said, shy for once.
“Oh Gibbs” Ducky said, kind of weird.
“Well, Mac is hot and I was going through a dry spell” he said quietly, as if ashamed.
“Um…hi guys” Mac said, very awkward.
“Sciuto!” Gibbs yelled, meaning for her to go upstairs.
“Gibbs, you can’t…you don’t work here any… fine I’m going” she said, leaving as fast as she had come.