- Text Size +
Chapter 8

Mac re-entered the bullpen and slumped down at her desk. “What’s up?” Tony asked, concerned at Mac not being her normal cheery self.
“Nothing. So, what we got Boss?”
“Nothing. Actually, me and Kate are having a Halloween party on Friday, you coming? Everyone else is.”
“You? Dude, you hate Halloween”
“I know. But Mike said if I held a Halloween party he was allowed to come to, he’d take the three other kids out trick or treating.”
“Cool. I’ll be there”
“Fancy dress”
“Score.”

Friday

They were all at the DiNozzo household for the Halloween party. Apart from a couple of people, you could tell who everyone was. Chris saw a person dressed very convincingly as the Wolfman walk up to him. “Are you kidding me?” the female voice said.
“What” he said, signalling to his costume.
“Chris, I cannot believe you dressed as Frank’n’Furter” she said, shocked,
“Well Wolfman, it was for a laugh. Tony dared me.”
“Oh, my husband the transvestite” she said, patting his arm.
“I didn’t recognise you at first Mac.”
“I’ll take that as a complement that I don’t look like this normally.” She said.
“You don’t” he said, giving her a quick kiss.
“Wow, I bet that looked weird” she laughed, god he loved her laugh. Sometimes he thought he was the luckiest man in the world, and the truth is, sometimes he was. She turned round and surveyed the room. McGee was dressed as Frankenstein and Abby as the bride of Frankenstein. Cute Mac thought. Kate, surprisingly, was dressed as Ozzy Osbourne. Mac couldn’t help but laugh every time she looked at her. Even more shocking, was the fact Tony had actually dressed as Gibbs. Mac couldn’t make out whether the real Gibbs was disturbed or proud. He was dressed as a vampire, courtesy of Abby. Gerald was a zombie and Ducky was the devil. Mike, who had just turned up after dropping J, Sarah and Matt at the babysitters was made up like a geek, the exact opposite of his usual gothic attire. “Happy Halloween Gibbs” Mac said to Tony.
“Why than you Wolfman” he said.
“Wow, who ever thought Gibbs’ fifth wife would be Ozzy”
“Funny, who thought the Wolfman would marry a transvestite?”
“Touché” she said, a smile on her face. “Nice party DiNozzo”
“Thanks”
“Who would have thought Gibbs would make such a great vampire?”
“Not me anyway” Tony told her. “How did you get your hair that wild?”
“I let it dry naturally” she laughed.

When the party was over Mac unwillingly stayed behind. “You ok honey?” Chris asked concerned.
“Um…yeah, just feeling a bit light headed that’s all” she said, swaying a little. “See you tomorrow guys” she said to Tony and Kate as she followed Chris out the door, then Tony shut it behind her.

The next day, Mac was still feeling the same. She came in and slumped down at her desk. “You sure you’re ok?” Tony asked, back to his normal attire.
“Yeah” she said, short and sweet. Tony phone rang and Mac heard him answer it. “Case?”
“Yeah” he said standing up. “John Doe at Norfolk. Kate, call Ducky”
“Got it” she said as Tony and Mac headed for the elevator.

When they got to the crime scene Tony flashed his badge and then the two women followed him under the tape. The jogged down the hill to where a car had ended up. They all stopped and took the scene in. “Oh my God, they killed Kenny” Tony said.
“You bastards!” Mac added, and seeing the two of them looking at her she spoke again. “What? You started it DiNozzo” she said, moving forward from them. The victim had a orange jumper pulled tight round his face, making him unrecognisable, just like Kenny.
“Anything here Duck?” Tony asked.
“Not really. COD looks like blunt force trauma, but I never judge before I get him home”
“TOD?”
“Liver temp suggests about 10 hours. I’ll know more when I get him back to NCIS”
“Thanks Ducky”
“What do you think?” Gerald asked Tony. “A crazed South Park fan?”
“You never know”

When they were done at the crime scene, and when Ducky and Gerald had got the body back, Tony and Kate were in the bullpen while Mac was delivering evidence to Abby. “What’s got you in a trance?” Kate asked her husband. He didn’t answer. “Hello, anybody in there?”
“Huh?”
“Tony, what is it?”
“Oh, I’m just worried about Mac”
“Why?”
“She doesn’t seem very well”
“Well…”
“No, I’m sure she’s fine”
“Yeah”
“Anyway, Chris is a doctor, so he would know”
“True” she said, sitting back down, and leaving Tony back in his trance.

McGee entered his wife’s lab to see her standing typing on the computer, evidence box lying on the table. He couldn’t see her hair from this angle but did see her stickmen tattoos. She slow snuck up from her, something he had learned from Gibbs. He wrapped his arms round her waist and let his chin fall on her shoulder, so he could whisper in her ear. Her body felt warm against his. “So, we still on for a night of rockin’ coffin sex while Mike is at Darren’s?”
“I dunno, you say that to all employees director?” the Scottish accent rang out, turning her head round closer to McGee’s.
“Mac!” he said, jumping back, hand thrown up in the air. “I…um…what…”
“Calm down McGee” she said with a laugh.
“But… tats” he simply uttered
“Me and Abby were totally wasted and got matching ones” she explained.
“I thought you didn’t drink!” he said, still yelling.
“From the morning after onwards” she said, still smiling.
“Mac!” he yelled again.
“What did she do now Tim?” Abby said, entering the lab with Kate.
“Nothing” Mac said innocently.
“I uh…gotta go” McGee said nervously, practically running out of the lab.
“I swear I didn’t do anything” Mac told them.
“I believe you” Abby replied.
“Now it’s just us girls” Kate began, grabbing her friends’ attention, both if them spinning round to face her. “I have some good news”
“Hurry up and tell us before you burst all over my lab”
“I’m pregnant” she said, massive smile on her face. The two of them rushed to her and hugged her tightly, saying congratulations that Kate couldn’t quite make out. “Thanks guys”
“Congrats Kate” a male voice said. They all spun around to see McGee had returned.
“Thanks Boss”
“I’m surprised Tony hadn’t told me already, he can’t keep a secret” Mac told them
“He would’ve told you if he knew” Kate said back.
“Oh” she said, before swaying again and colliding with McGee.
“That’s it, your going home” he told her.
“No, I’m fine”
“Liar. Go home. That is a direct order special agent Sciuto.”
“Fine sir. I’m going” she said, walking out of the lab, leaving them all worried.