- Text Size +
Okay it took a bit longer than expected coz i had to get my tea but here it is...Chapter 3


It was a few days later. They’d solved the case, it had been, as Ducky put it, a simple drowning. She had been swimming lengths, banged her head and been knocked unconscious. She had been swimming after hours so it had simply been too late by the time anybody had found her. Angela Neilson had died an unfortunate death but there had been no crime. The needle that Sally had found in the bin outside was completely unrelated to the case, just thrown in the bin by a passing heroin junkie.



They had been working together for about five days now and Tony had given up avoiding Sally two days ago. He decided he’d have to face up to it sooner or later, so why not sooner, but she still hadn’t said a word to him. It was beginning to bother Tony. Did she not even remember him? Did she not care? Or was she simply ignoring him?

“I’ve gotten over the fact that she’s your ex. Why can’t you? Just get over it and work together, the least you can do is stop avoiding her.” Abby said as she sat on Tony’s lap in the squad room.

“I gave up avoiding her two days ago.” Tony said, playing with Abby’s hair. “She hasn’t talked to me or even so much as looked at me.”

“So talk to her.”

“It’s not as simple as that, and besides, if I’ve got to stop avoiding her shouldn’t you at least start treating her nicely?”

“I treat her nicely.”

“I wouldn’t call putting pepper in her coffee and super glue on her chair nice. Though you should have seen Probies face when she stood up. It’s as if he’d never seen women’s underwear before.”

Abby slapped Tony on the back of the head.

“Be nice to McGee and I’ll be nice to Sally.”

“You’re on.” Tony saw McGee enter and shouted, “Hey McGee, will you be one of my groomsmen?”

McGee was stunned. Are you serious?”

“Of course I am…so will you?”

“Okay.”

“Great! Now go away so Abby and I can have some peace.”

McGee leaves, still stunned.

“Wow. You’d think I’d never been nice before.” Tony laughed.

“I don’t have to be that nice do I?” Abby groans, leaning her head on Tony’s shoulder.

“Okay…maybe not that nice. But you do have to be nice.”

“Phew.” Abby laughed. “I can’t believe you asked McGee to be one of your groomsmen.”

“I was going to anyway…this just seemed like as good a time as any to ask. So how are you going to be nice to Sally?”

“Oh I’ve got a couple of Ideas.” Abby said mischievously.

“Abby…”

“Don’t worry. No smurf face or pepper coffee. I’m going to invite her to dinner.”

“Over for dinner? At our place?”

“Yes Tony…unless you would like to rent another house for the night just for dinner. What’s the problem?”

“She doesn’t know about us!”

“So…perfect way for her to find out.”

“Fine,” Tony said, realizing he would never convince her out of this idea now. “just make sure she doesn’t have her gun on her.”

Abby leans in to give Tony a kiss but leaps up as they both receive a slap on the back of the head.

“Lunch break over.” Said Gibbs, picking up his coffee, which he had placed on Tony’s desk especially so he could slap them both at once.

“Hey! I thought you didn’t slap me!!” Abby said.

“You’re going to be a DiNozzo soon, get used to it.”