- Text Size +
“Tony! Get out of the shower already! She’s here, sounds like she brought a date.” Abby shouted, hearing a knock at the door and a male and female voice from the other side.
Abby opens the door, she sees just Sally.
“Oh…I thought I heard two voices…didn’t you bring a date?”
“He’s just getting the wine from the car…” Sally answered.
“Oh right…well come in. My fiancé’s just in the shower…same place he’s been for the past half hour.” Abby laughed.
“Aren’t men just worse than women sometimes…I had a fiancé once, he took the longest showers known to human kind, I always ended up with just cold water.” Sally laughed with her.
Abby bit her bottom lip, smiling. She couldn’t wait till Sally found out they were both talking about the same guy.
“So what’s your date like?” Abby said, inviting Sally to sit down.
Sally sat on the sofa, next to Abby.
“Well…he’s cute, he’s really smart and he’s just so sweet. Actually you probably know him from work…”
“You brought Gibbs…!?”
“No! Do I look like a red head to you?” At the look of amusement on Abby’s face Sally added, “I may have only been in the city a week but I’m not stupid. I’ve noticed he only checks out redheads…weather girls, pretty girls in the street, the director…Anyway, I guess you don’t know Timothy…”
“Whoa! Timothy?!”
“Yeah, you know him?”
“A little more than know him.”
“You…and Timothy?”
“Actually we call him McGee…Timothy just sounds weird, and well yeah…a few times.”
“Whoa!” Sally said, beginning to get over the shock that McGee would sleep with someone as strange as Abby. “So is he any good?” She laughed.
“Sally…!” Abby was laughing too. She had almost forgotten how much she hated this woman.
Thy sat laughing for several minutes but suddenly Sally stopped as her attention was drawn to the other side of the room.
“Tony!!” she said, standing up, open-mouthed.
Tony was wearing nothing but a towel. He had come through to get his shirt off the radiator.
Tony stopped in his tracks; he was unaware as his towel dropped in his shock.
“I believe you know my fiancé.” Abby piped in, signalling to Tony that he should cover up.
Just then the door opened and McGee walked in. He stopped in his tracks at the sight that met him. Initially at the fact that it was Abby and Tony (Sally had told him they were having dinner with one of her friends and her fiancé) then at the un-towelled Tony.
Tony quickly picked up his towel and grabbed his shirt then ran to the bedroom.
There was an awkward silence while McGee remained stood still in the doorway.

Eventually they sat down to dinner. Tony and Abby sat across from Sally and McGee. Sally had a glaring look on her face alternating between glaring at Abby and Tony.
“So…I didn’t know you were friends with Abby…” McGee tried to make conversation.
“We’ll see…” Sally said aggressively, stabbing her steak savagely with her fork.
There is silence for a few minutes.
McGee was confused, he wasn’t sure why Sally was behaving so strangely, but he knew it had something to do with Tony and Abby. You didn’t have to be a trained investigator to figure *that* out.
There was another awkward silence, Abby wanted to say something, she just wasn’t sure what she could possibly say at a moment like this.
Tony couldn’t take the silence any more.
“So, Sally…how are you liking the city so far?” he said, not making eye contact.
Suddenly Sally decided something. She momentarily replaced the homicidal look in her eyes with a slight scheming look before smiling sweetly.
“Oh, I’m really enjoying it. So many nice people here.” She flashed a small, not that obviously fake, smile at Abby.
If McGee was confused before then there just wasn’t a word to describe how strange he found Sally’s behaviour now.

Sally was nice and cheery throughout the rest of the mean. McGee remained clueless about Sally and Tony’s past because nobody mentioned it.
As Sally continued to laugh and have a good time, Tony and Abby kept throwing looks of confusion at each other.
Suddenly all thoughts of…well, anything…were lost as Sally lay down her cutlery, turned to McGee and started ‘eating’ his face. She had only had a small glass of wine, with her dinner, so this had to be a conscious action.
“Hm-hmm!” Abby coughed.
Sally released McGee, who now had lipstick all over his face and was wearing an expression of pure shock…and slight fear.
“Oh sorry…” Sally giggled, “Heat of the moment.” She threw a significant look at Tony.
Tony flashed back to his time with Sally. They had had a lot of ‘heat of the moment’ times. Usually going much further than Sally’s make-out wit McGee, and sometimes even in more public places.