- Text Size +
Sally and McGee left soon after dinner. They hadn’t talked much; Sally seemed deep in her own thoughts, planning something perhaps. McGee’s attempts at making a little conversation failed miserably.
“What the hell was that?!” Abby asked as she cleared the dishes from the table and gave them to Tony to do the washing up.
“I don’t know…maybe she’s over me.”
“Did you *see* her face when you came out of the bathroom?”
“Maybe it was coz I was just in a towel…”
“Tony…her shock was not at seeing you in ‘all your glory’.”
“It’s not like it’s anything she hasn’t seen before…”
“That’s my point! Any normal woman would’ve talked about your past, especially if it was to prove she was over you.”
“I really don’t get how women’s minds work.” Tony muttered.
“I don’t think she’s over you, I’m telling you; she’s planning something.” Abby ignored Tony’s comment. “I could tell, during dinner, when she was all mad and homicidal and she just suddenly started being all nice.”
“Maybe she just realized she was being unreasonable…”
“You so don’t get women!” Abby said, heading towards the bedroom to get changes as she finished clearing the table.
“That’s what I just said!” Tony shouted after her, dropping a plate in the water and ending up with soapy water all down his new shirt.

McGee was driving Sally home, still recovering from the kiss. No one has been that spontaneous with him before or since Abby, but that was just what Abby was like: unpredictable.
McGee shook all thoughts of Abby out of his head; he was over her now. He had to be over her, she was going to get married: to Tony!
“You okay?” Sally asked.
“Um…yeah.”
“Good. Hey, about before…where’d you learn to kiss like that?” Sally asked flirtatiously.
‘Learn to kiss like what?’ McGee thought, ‘I sat there while you hovered my face off.’
“Um…I…I don’t know.”
“Oh well, I guess its just natural talent.” Sally giggled.
There was a strange, slightly awkward silence between them until they reached Sally’s apartment.
As Sally went to get out of the car McGee leaned in to kiss her but she ignored him and proceeded to get out of the car. She only turned to say goodbye and blow a kiss to him when she reached her front step.
‘I really don’t get women…’ McGee thought to himself as he drove away.
Chapter End Notes:
warning...very short and unimportant chatper. its a link chatper, the best is yet to come.