- Text Size +
Abby and Sally were laughing by the time they got back to the table.
“What did you do?” Tony whispered as he stood up to let Abby in.
“Don’t worry, I told her what I felt, well I shouted actually, but it turns out there was no game being played after all…she really does like McGee and she just thought it would be awkward talking to you…sorry I didn’t believe you honey” Abby gave Tony a quick kiss as she sat down.

Throughout their long lunch the four of them chatted happily. Abby became more and more convinced that Sally and McGee really did make a good couple and that Sally was after all a good person.
When they eventually got back to work there was still no case, but the place was crawling with FBI agents.
“What the hell is going on Gibbs?” Tony asked, seeing his boss standing talking to a couple of FBI agents.
Gibbs looked like he was about to throw his coffee over either Sacks or Fornell but he didn’t, maybe he couldn’t decide which was annoying him more.
Gibbs turned and walked towards Tony. Sacks protested but was stopped by Fornell who just told him, “It’s Gibbs, you can’t get him to co operate unless he wants to.”
“So what’s going on boss?” Tony, McGee, Abby and Sally ducked under the tape, which was cutting off their squad area.
“It seems Ziva never got to Israel. She was murdered.”
“What? Ziva? Murdered?!” McGee spluttered.
“That doesn’t explain what the FBI are doing here.” Tony said, he looked like he didn’t quite know how to take this information in.
“It is possible that her murderer is connected to one of the many cases she was involved in while at NCIS, but since she is no longer an NCIS agent we can’t investigate it ourselves.
“So the FBI are getting free reign through all of our stuff and investigating the death of one of our team and you’re just sitting here letting it happen?!”
“Of course not! We’re sharing the investigation, since Ziva was with us for so long. Ducky has the body right now.”
Abby, who had been shocked silent throughout all of this, almost ran to the elevator so she could get to autopsy. McGee’s shock came out in more of a stutter. He kept muttering “Ziva…? Dead…? Murdered…!? How?” as he walked slowly to the elevator.
Abby, who was now standing in the elevator on the verge of tears, slammed her hand on the door open button, ran out of the elevator to Mcgee, stood behind him and pushed him quickly but gently to the elevator.
Tony’s grieving came out in rage. As he walked quickly to the elevator he threw his fist into anything he passed…even putting a dent in his own desk.
Sally and Gibbs just walked quickly ad normally. Sally, of course, had no idea who Ziva was and Gibbs had already gotten over his initial shock.

They all got into the elevator and Abby pushed the button to go down to autopsy. She stood shaking for a few seconds then Tony put his arm around her gently. She collapsed in tears onto his shoulder. The elevator doors opened as they arrived in autopsy revealing a visibly shaken up Ducky on the other side waiting for them.