- Text Size +
Within the hour, Tim and the rest of the team had arrived at the old shack where Lexi was. The door was locked and he could hear her crying and murmuring denials from inside. Not waiting for Gibbs to ok it, he kicked the door in which surprised Tony and Ziva. Ziva had never seen this side of Tim before. He was absolutely fierce looking and if she wasn't so jealous that this woman she didn't know had brought it out in him, she would have gotten turned on by it.

Tim rushed inside the building but his training kicked in when he saw Lexi covered in blood. He wanted to hold her and comfort her in her grief but he couldn't until they processed her clothing as evidence. Tony photographed the scene, including several shots of Lexi but he kept looking at her funny as if he were trying to place her from somewhere. Ziva did a perimeter search while Ducky and Jimmy examined the body.

"What have we got, Duck?" Gibbs asked.

Ducky looked up and glanced in Lexi's direction. "He was stabbed multiple times Jethro. But on initial inspection, I would say the wound that killed him is the cut on his neck. It nicked his carotid artery and he bled to death."

Gibbs looked around the room and studied the arterial spray on the wall. There was a void as big as the woman sobbing quietly next to McGee. He motioned with his head and Tim lead her out of the room.

"Do you think a woman could have done this Ducky?"

"It's possible Jethro. You know that as well as I do. However, do I believe that young woman did this? No."

Nodding, Gibbs stood. "Let's go. Ducky, we'll see you back at NCIS."

Ducky waved and looked down at the dead Commander. "Now, would you care to tell me who did do this to you?" he asked as the team grabbed their gear and left.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Back at NCIS, Ziva delivered Lexi's clothes to Abby and then returned to watch Gibbs question her. Tim looked as if he were about to bolt into the other room and when she placed her hand on his arm, he shook her off. Hurt and not liking it, Ziva turned to watch Gibbs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"What's your name?" Gibbs asked.

"Lexi…Alexa McGee." Lexi answered.

Shocked, Gibbs stared at the woman sitting across from him. Her black hair would rival Abby's, medium height and slim but well-proportioned. And her last name was McGee.

"Alexa McGee?" He clarified.

"Yes, sir. Tim is my brother."