- Text Size +
Tim stiffened as Tony and Ziva turned to look at him.

"Her brother?" DiNozzo asked, but Tim motioned for him to be quiet.

Gibbs was still questioning her. "Do you have any alias' I need to know about?"

Tim watched her eyes go from Gibbs face to the window. He didn't understand her hesitation.

She looked back at Gibbs and answered quietly, "Fawn Donovan."

Tony shouted, "I knew she looked familiar!"

Tim looked at his partner, wondering where the hell he had seen his sister before. Tony was about to say something but caught himself when Tim glared at him.

Tim turned back to look at the glass and heard Lexi explaining her alias.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"How did you know Commander Anderson?"

"He is…was my boyfriend." Lexi said and rubbed her arms.

"Were you two having problems?"

"No!" She exclaimed. "No, we weren’t having problems, not with each other."

"The two of you were having problems with someone else? Problems Anderson would have been killed over?"

Shaking her head, she replied, "No, at least, I don’t think so."

"Let me be the judge of that, ok?" Gibbs asked in a gentle voice.

Lexi looked at the older man and nodded.

"Trevor was trying to convince my boss to cut my contract short. She told him no. She said that I still had three good years ahead of me and that cutting me loose would cost her too much money."

"What contract?" Gibbs asked, trying to make sense of what she was telling him.

Scrubbing her face with her hands then running them through her hair, she said bluntly, "My porn contract, Agent Gibbs. I’m an actress in adult films. I get paid to have sex and it’s legal. My contract can’t be broken. You see, even though I signed it when I was young, dumb and too high to care, it holds up in a court of law." She looked over his shoulder again as if seeking understanding from her brother.

"Taylor Rawls holds that contract and refuses to release me. I’ve been fighting her unsuccessfully since I was twenty years old. Six months ago I met Trevor at a bar. It seemed unbelievable at first that he didn’t recognize me. I was terrified I would scare off the nicest guy I’d ever met. I didn’t tell him what I did for a living until our fourth date. He was shocked. Very shocked. When I explained to him that I was trying to break my contract, he told me he would help me any way he could."

Suddenly feeling older than her 25 years, her head dropped forward. Raising her eyes to stare at Gibbs again, she swore, "I didn’t kill Trevor. I loved him. He’s the only man I’ve ever known, other than Tim, who would defend me without question."

Gibbs looked into Lexi’s eyes and saw all the grief and pain that she couldn’t hide. "I believe you Lexi." He stood and walked out thinking that now all they had to do was prove it.