- Text Size +
"Ah, Jethro, I was just about to call you."

"What have you got Duck?" Gibbs asked.

"Commander Anderson was a fighter. See the bruising on his knuckles? He was in a fight shortly before he died. The stab wounds in his chest were made before his throat was cut and definitely by a different blade. They are clean, made from a smooth blade. The knife used to sever his carotid artery was jagged, serrated actually. That final cut was the cause of death. He could have survived being stabbed."

Taking all of this in, Gibbs nodded and started out.

"The killer is right-handed Jethro."

Gibbs paused to reply, "That’s good to know, Ducky." He stepped into the elevator remembering that when Lexi had signed her clothes over, she was left-handed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Talk to me Abby." Gibbs said, walking into the lab.

"I didn’t know McGee had a sister." She started. Smiling at the look on Gibbs face, she said, "Oh, you want results?"

She turned to her computer and told him what she had found. "Okay, Lexi’s shirt was pretty much a mess since she held the Commander after she found him. I did manage to spot differences in the bloodstains so I enhanced them, and then separated the older stains from the more recent. Look at this."

She clicked a button and the stains appeared on the big screen. "The first picture is of the total stain. The other two are enhanced results."

Gibbs stared at the middle shot. "Abby…"

"Ahead of you Gibbs." She told him and clicked again. Lining up the second shot of the shirt with the picture of the blood spatter on the wall. "From the match we have here and the position of the blood spatter on Lexi’s shirt, she was standing when he was killed, but she didn’t kill him."

"Good work, Abs." Gibbs told her, smacking her rear as he walked by.

Grinning, Abby spun and said, "Thank you, Gibbs. My bum has been feeling neglected lately."

Shaking his head, he continued down the hall.