- Text Size +
"We'd better get to work." Carly said and took a seat at Jethro's computer.



Abby and Lacey stared at each other until the phone started ringing and Abby put Gibbs on speaker.



"Where is she headed Abs?"



"Falls Church, Virginia, Gibbs. They're almost there. Don't know if that is where she will stop or not."



"Oh she'll stop," Gibbs said and Carly nodded in agreement.



"How do you know?" Abby asked and realized Gibbs had hung up. "He doesn't even know where she's going to stop."



"He knows." Carly told her and pulled up the file on Jen's sister. Pulling up the address and owner information of the house Jen used to live in, she found that it was empty. "The house Jen lived in is owned by a realty company. It's been on the market for the last year."



"I hope they get there in time." Abby and Lacey said together.



Going back to the computer search for the terrorists, Carly told them with certainty, "They'll get there. Trust me."



---------------------



Gibbs pulled up to the house and all four of them piled out and stayed low. The street was quiet, most people were at work at this time of day. As they neared the house, a shot was fired. Rushing in, Gibbs and team found Jenny lying on the floor bleeding from the shoulder.



"It was supposed to be you!" Adrian was shouting. "You should have died! She loved me and you were taking her from me!"



"Federal Agents, drop your weapon!" Gibbs and DiNozzo shouted at the same time. Gibbs and Tony were standing while Ziva and Tim were crouched near the floor, all four agents had their weapons trained on the woman across the room.



Adrian looked at them in contempt. "I'm not afraid to die. She took the woman I loved and turned her against me. She has to pay for that." Raising her gun towards Jenny, four shots were fired in quick succession. All four shots hitting center mass. Adrian Selachi was dead before her body started to fall.



----------------------



Jen was taken to the hospital and straight to surgery for her shoulder. Fortunately, Adrian's motivation for shooting her was to watch her suffer without causing major damage so the wound would heal rather quickly. Fornell had opted to stay behind and not argue with the doctor about his concussion since it only made his head hurt worse. Gibbs drove the team back to headquarters and they found Carly looking much better than when they had left. She was busy searching all known locations for signs of the three escaped terrorists. There was a hit for one of the men on a traffic camera and agents had been sent to find the car only to discover it parked near a strip mall and wired to blow. Quickly setting up a perimeter around the car and evacuating the few patrons and shop owners, the agents sat and waited for the bomb squad. Nearly three minutes before they arrived, the car blew up. The explosion was heard throught the speaker phone on Gibbs desk as Carly was on with one of the field agents at the scene. She bit her lip and smiled a small smile at Jethro. He narrowed his eyes.



"What did you do?" He asked.



"Well..." She said and Tom Morrow told him, "She followed orders, Agent Gibbs."



"Tom? What are you doing here?" Jethro asked him.



"I was called in to keep you all in line while the Director is recuperating. When Carly told me she had possibly located one of our suspected terrorists I sent a team of agents out to find the car. That explosion was the car blowing up."



"Was anyone hurt?" Jethro questioned.



"No one, Gibbs." Came a voice over the phone. "Carly got us here in time to get everyone away but the bomb squad just pulled up so I need to get off here."



"Good work." Jethro told the agent and disconnected the call. He raised his eyebrow at Tom and was silently directed up to his temporary office.



Abby watched as Lacey and Tim snuck off to the stairs. They hadn't had a lot of time together lately. Then she turned and watched as Carly smiled and scanned the pictures coming up on Gibbs computer.



"What happened to your headache?" Abby wanted, no needed to know.



Carly glanced up at her and pushed away from the desk. She walked around and hooked her arm through Abby's and started walking toward the elevators. "Abby, I have something to tell you that you might not believe."



~The End~

~Calalily~