- Text Size +
He knew it was bad news when they both showed up at his desk. Unfortunately, Carly had chosen that day to wear a skirt the size of Abby's to work and her legs managed to distract him for several moments before he looked at them. The look on their faces confirmed the feeling in his gut. "What did you find?"

Abby bit her lip and Carly looked worried. He raised his eyebrows and Carly took a breath. "We got a hit on the fingerprints, Gibbs." She still wouldn't call him Jet or even Jethro at work. That amused him until she named the person the fingerprints matched. "Adrian Selachi."

DiNozzo and McGee stopped what they were doing when the name was mentioned. Ziva was watching them puzzled. He just clenched his teeth. When Carly tapped her finger twice to her jaw he realized what he was doing.

"DiNozzo..."

"Find out when she was released and why we weren't notified."

"McGee..."

"Talk to her parole officer and see when she last checked in."

Both men picked up their phones and started dialing.

Ziva was still in the dark, but he didn't have time to explain. He stood and marched up the steps to the Director's office. She needed to know about this.

--------------------------

"Who is Adrian Selachi?" Ziva asked when Gibbs was out of sight.

Tony glanced up with his phone tucked between his ear and his shoulder. "How long have you know Jen, Ziva?"

"A long time." Ziva answered.

"Then you knew she had a sister? A sister that was killed?" Tim questioned.

"Yes, but what..." Ziva stopped and realized the person that had killed the young woman on Ducky's table had killed her dear friend's sister.

The five of them stared at each other when it hit them who the dead woman downstairs reminded them of. Jenny Shepard.

------------------------

"Agent Gibbs, she's on a call with the SecNav."

Gibbs walked right past Cynthia and into Jen's office. He just looked at her until she excused herself from the call and hung up.

"Jethro, I hope this is important. I was on the phone with the SecNav..."

"Adrian Selachi is out."

Jen dropped her pen and started shaking her head. "There's no way, I was to have been notified if she was up for parole."

"I've got Tony and Tim looking into that now. We should have answers soon. The evidence we collected at the crime scene proves that she's out. That apartment building was completed six months ago, the victim moved in last month. There was no other way Selachi's prints could have been at that scene."

He watched as she laid both hands on her desk, a sign that she was physically taking control of her emotions. "I want to know everything, Jethro, the minute you know something."

He nodded. "As long as it doesn't slow us down, I'll call you myself."

"Thank you, Jethro." Jenny said.

"You're welcome." He told her and left to see what his agents had found out.

------------------------------

"Well, my dear, you are quite young and very beautiful. It's a shame that life had to end this way for you." Ducky said to the young woman lying on his table.

"Dr. Mallard..." Jimmy started and stopped to swallow.

"Yes, Mr. Palmer?"

Jimmy shook his head. "What causes someone to..."

"To stab someone repeatedly this many times, Mr. Palmer?"

"Yes, Doctor."

"Jimmy, do you remember how you felt when Michelle was taken?"

"Yes, I remember."

"You remember that anger you felt?" When Jimmy nodded, he continued, "Multiply it several times and you have yourself a 'killing rage'. Of course that's just one reason someone would do something like this."

"What are the other reasons, Ducky?" Gibbs asked interrupting the conversation.

"Well, Jethro, there are crimes of passion and crimes of rage. Sometimes the two overlap, but in our young petty officer's case, I would say it was rage, not passion. The wounds are too clean for the killer to have had any feelings towards our victim. If it had been a crime of passion, the stab wounds would have varied in depth and severity. All these wounds are to the same depth and the first several wounds would have killed her within minutes. There was no need for all these unless there was a deep anger behind it, deeper than something a fleeting passion would inspire."

He watched as Jethro walked away without a word. He glanced down at the young petty officer and up to Jimmy before returning his gaze to the face of the victim. "Oh dear Lord."