- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
...there is an outburst? and pills? and uv lights?
“I’m bursting with fruit flavour.”


-


He found the murder weapon within five minutes of getting to the crime scene. That finely tuned sense of smell really came in handy sometimes. The scent of blood wafted his way seductively, and he pushed through the rosebushes (Gibbs had been really pissed that Archer hadn’t thought to dig them up for evidence.) and followed it a stone’s throw - Ahahahaha. Very amusing, Tony - down the river, and there it lay, on the bank, with a whole bunch of other medium sized pieces of granite. It was the only one with pretty red splatter paint on, though. Tony liked it. He photographed it as artistically as he could, because Abby might think it was nice, too, and then he bagged and tagged and licked his lips and maybe after he’d hunted down his prey… the killer…whatever…he could…whoa! Down, boy. He banished that particular line of thought as well as he could with the alluring tang of copper still in his nostrils and looked up at the sky. It was closer to dark than he would have liked, and he was betting there was no chance of him making it home before moonrise, not with Gibbs on the warpath, already riled up about Archer’s incompetence. He’d be lucky if he’d get to go home before the sun came up again.

Which left only one choice, really. Tony sighed, and dug out one of the dark capsules he kept next to the condoms in his wallet. He swallowed it dry, with a rueful smile at the setting sun, and prepared himself for an absolutely miserable night.


-


# He must be bloody ANCIENT to have the kind of control of his wolf you say he does, Abigail. O.0 #

# Don’t call me Abigail…Horry! :X #

# Sorry, pet ;)…It’s just, the weres I know…they don’t quite qualify as antiques yet, but they’re well on their way there, and they’re still barely coherent the day of the full moon. Puppies are completely off their rockers the entire WEEK. For him not to be… #

“Cubs,” Tony said, reading over her shoulder. “Young wolves are called cubs. Puppy is insulting. Implies doglike behaviour. Begging and slobbering and all that. Wagging of tails.” His tone was carefully neutral, but managed to convey both his opinion of dogs and exactly how he felt about her discussing him behind his back and breaking her promise. He was most definitely not happy. Abby froze.

“Tony!” Then she spun around to face him, wearing a big and hopefully disarming smile. “Hi! Don’t sneak up on me like that! And also don’t be mad at me. You’re not mad, are you? Because technically, I haven’t really told anyone, because Horry told me about this stuff before, so he already knew, you know, but back then I didn’t know if I should believe him or not, but now, obviously, I do, so-“

“…Horry.” Voice flat. “Someone answers to the name Horry. And you told him about me.”

“I didn’t tell him about you SPECIFICALLY,” Abby defended. “I just said I’d met a…a person of alternating species and questionable vitality. I’m a scientist, you know, which means it’s cruel and unusual punishment, keeping my curiosity unsatisfied. And you, mister,” she crossed her arms and glared at him, “haven’t exactly been forthcoming.”

He held himself very, very still. “…Okay. Okay, let’s make something clear, here. I’m not your test subject, Abby. I am not an experiment, and I don’t owe you any more explanations. I’ve already trusted you with more than I’ve ever given another human. If you can’t be happy with that…” He trailed off, shaking his head. “Forget it. Here.” An evidence bag was dropped on her table with a thunk. “Possible murder weapon. Gibbs wants answers ten minutes ago.”

“Tony…” She caught the flash of hurt and disappointment before his walls slammed up with a bang, shutting her out. It made her chest ache.

“No. Just…no. Not now, Abby. This is a thoroughly shitty day of the month to begin with, as your buddy Horry told you there. I’m not dealing with this too.” With that, he was out the door, leaving her with a quite large and bloody rock to analyze and a ball of ice where her stomach used to be.


-


The messy haired boy was loitering with intent outside a night club. By his feet sat a honey coloured canine, ears twitching impatiently. He petted it absently, keeping his eyes on the door.

He wished he could go inside – it had been wonderful the night before, with his pretty blonde china doll. She’d looked like a glowing laughing angel under the UV lights, and he’d danced with her feeling light as a feather. Then suddenly she’d stopped, eyes shining, and pointed to a girl dancing not far from them, a girl all glitter and green, with elaborately dreadlocked hair and scuffed docs. Isn’t she lovely she’d said, and he’d nodded, isn’t she lovely, and giftwrapped already. She’d spun them closer and smiled her heartstopper smile, and the green girl had smiled back, appreciatively, and will we see you here tomorrow? Yes.

Any minute now.


-


After his somewhat melodramatic outburst in Abby’s lab, Tony had managed to escape the office by being violently sick in McGee’s trash can. It had not been part of the plan. He was definitely having words with his provider about the strength of this last batch. Just as soon as he stopped puking. When that would be, was anybody’s guess.

Ziva had been ordered to drive him home. That had definitely not helped his nausea, at all. But she’d been rather nice about the whole thing, almost concerned. In fact, it was all he could do to get her to leave. Understandable. In her position, he’d take any Gibbs-break he could find, too. The man was down one agent. The rest of the team’s night would be brutal.

So would Tony’s night, by the looks of it. Currently, he was doing a rather good impression of an undignified heap on the bathroom floor. The way he felt now, he’d have several hours to improve on it.


-


To be continued.
Chapter End Notes:
(hello again my darlings. i'm sorry about the delay, i truly am. my mother insisted i come home to eat eggs and whatnot, so internet and writing? not so much. i am planning on making it up to you, you know. just wait and see. in the meantime, i apologize, but this is as good as it gets.)