- Text Size +
“So the guys who you left with earlier…?” Gibbs questioned, after he had led Maggie back to an empty office.
“My brother, Morgan, and Jaime,” she smiled, trying to think how to describe Jaime. “Jaime is a distant cousin. He, Darcy and I were all born the same year, and went through the family school and training together. We were like the three musketeers,” she smiled in remembrance. “People always thought Jaime and I would end up together. We always fought like cats and dogs, yet defended one another. But in the end it was the quiet one, Darcy, that he went for,” Maggie continued. “I thought I loved Jaime so much in those days, and was devastated when they first fell in love. In the end, that was what gave me the courage to forge out on my own. In retrospect, I realized the feelings I had for Jaime were really more like friendship, and that I wanted him to be happy with Darcy. In the end, Darcy ran off with Tommy O’Donnell and Jaime flitted from relationship to relationship. We made much better friends anyway, the three of us.” Her smile faded to sadness. “I can’t believe that little numskull killed her,” she said, her thoughts going back to Lenny.
“Stay here for as long as you need,” he said, rising to go. “Call me if you need anything. I’ll be right down the hall.” She smiled.
“Thanks, Mom,” she said, chuckling as he left.


“What have we got, people?” he barked to the office. “Any closer to finding the marine?”
“DiNozzo has tracked down Mr. Wooldridge and is bringing him in for questioning,” Ziva began, “and Noah took off to God knows where,” she added.
“Don’t worry about Diamond,” Gibbs said. “He’s on something different. He may be out of touch for a few days. McGee!”
“Yeah, Boss; I was able to obtain visuals from the scene, but they’re kind of grainy. Abby has been working to get the picture clearer.”
“We need this two hours ago, McGee,” he continued. “Our marine may be running out of air.” He paused when McGee sat there. “Go help her,” he said frustrated.



“Gibbs!” Abby said loudly over her music as Gibbs walked into her lab. “Just in time! I was able to trace the call from the tip we received to a prepaid cell phone, so that isn’t going to help us with the caller’s identity. But,” she rushed ahead, “McGee and I have succeeded in clearing the image of the original car thief. It’s a profile view, but we’re running it against every database we know of.”
“Abs, how long?” he asked impatiently.
“Maybe another two hours?” she proposed quietly.
“Our marine could be dead by then, if he isn’t already.”
“I know,” she said, “I’m working as fast as I can.”
“Call me!” he barked, heading back out.


Maggie made her way down to Abby’s lab. Gibbs wasn’t sending any work her way, and she really wanted to help with the investigation.
“Hey, Abs, what’s up,” she said coming to stand next to Abby.
“Just trying to identify a dirt bag,” she said, motioning toward the screen. Maggie took a look and froze in her tracks.
“Oh my God!” she said, bracing herself against the counter. She grabbed Abby’s phone, “Gibbs, get down here stat!” she shouted into the receiver before slamming it back down. Abby cocked an eyebrow and gave her a look.
“What was that all about?” she questioned, surprised at the authoritative quality in Maggie’s voice. Maggie just stared, her mind reeling. A moment later, Gibbs, Ziva, McGee and Director Shepard rushed into the lab.
“What do you have?” Gibbs demanded, knowing it had to be a big deal to get that kind of reaction.
“It’s him; it’s Lenny,” Maggie explained. She began pacing the room, like a nervous cat. “You can stop searching, Abs, he won’t be in any database.” She turned to face them. “Gibbs, he did this intentionally. If he becomes wanted by the government, he can’t just disappear. He’s trying to protect himself and taunt me at the same time. I think he orchestrated this just to involve NCIS.” She paused for effect. “I expect the marine is either a fictitious ploy to get our attention, or already dead; probably the latter.”
“We’ll see,” Gibbs said. The others looked on, confused. Gibbs looked out and sighed.
“Jenny, I was planning to brief on this matter later, but hadn’t made it yet,” he began.
“Just tell us now, Jethro,” she placated him.
“The man’s name is Lenny…?” he trailed off, realizing he didn’t know the man’s last name.
“Lenny McMullen,” Maggie finished.
“Maggie, do you mind?” he asked, suggesting she finish briefing the others.
Maggie explained Lenny’s background and history with her to the others. She continued, “To add insult to injury, some rogue vampire has apparently made one of Lenny. Noah will find the master vampire responsible and take of things on his end, which will also help us locate and control Lenny,” she sighed. “Director,” she said to Jenny, “we have no choice but to execute this man. If either the werewolves or the vampires find him first, it will already be handled. I would suggest we file a report on this tip as a hoax and bury anything we find. I will notify NPID, who will not allow it to become known, even to other government agencies, that preternatural creatures exist. Additionally, we need to be vigilant. It is likely we will see several random victims in the area until we catch him. We need to get there first and clear any evidence of the preternatural before the police can respond. Does that make sense?” She paused, waiting for comprehension to show on their faces.
“Until we catch this guy, Agent Sullivan is to go nowhere alone,” Director Shepard said. “I think you’re right about a cover-up being necessary. We’ll keep it out of our official reports. No one but our team will know the truth,” she said authoritatively.
“Agreed,” Gibbs said. “But we still have to find that vehicle as soon as possible. If there is a marine out there, it’s that much more important that we get there first.” Everyone scattered back to their workstations, the atmosphere grim with an undercurrent of tension. Each knew how much was at stake.



Noah crossed the threshold into the large, spacious room. Power and fury emanated off him in waves, causing the masters who had gathered to feel a mixture of fear and anticipation. He walked to the front of the room and then turned to address the group. “We are here for one reason and one reason alone. I will not belabor the inevitable, but will get right to the point. Someone has made a werewolf; and an unstable one at that. This creature has gone loose cannon, and is using our methods to kill.” Noah paused, opening his mind to the others, allowing them to feel the full extent of the truth of his words as well as his anger. “I will not have our existence exposed at this time, and certainly not in this manner. The master who made this creature will come forward and take responsibility for his or actions. This creature will be stopped. Today,” he added, his voice leaving no room for argument. The room erupted in discussion, questions and speculation. After a moment, a lady stood and moved across the room toward Noah.
“Estelle,” Noah called her by name. “you may speak.”
“Master,” she began. “I believe Rupert is the one you seek. He has been struggling against my authority for some time. After his last punishment, he has broken contact,” she said, her head low.
“Why was I not notified?” he questioned.
“I wanted to handle the situation myself. He is not the first of mine to begin to question my power and ability to maintain control,” she admitted. He nodded, understanding her need to establish authority.
“We need to locate Rupert,” he said, feeling the power flow out of her as she searched.
She shook her head, “I cannot feel him,” she said. He joined hands with her, merging his power with hers. The others in the room were taken aback by the outpouring of power.
“Thank you, Estelle,” Noah said, once he had formed a mental lock on Rupert’s location. He rose to leave. “Come with me, in case you are needed,” he commanded.