- Text Size +
“How are you feeling?” Maggie asked Jaime. He pulled himself into a sitting position, scooting so that his back was held up by the frame of the bed that had been set up for him at the NCIS offices. She moved to sit beside him. Morgan, in the adjacent bed, was sleeping soundly.
“Better now,” he said, as Maggie snuggled in beside him. He allowed his arm to fall around her shoulders. She leaned against his side and let out her breath.
“You scared the pee out of me, Jaime,” she said chuckling.
“How do you think I felt when I woke up here and found out you had gone after Morgan without me?” he asked, his frustration showing in his voice. “I don’t know how I could have lived with myself if Lenny had killed you or Morgan, or if he had…” his voice broke.
“Shhh…” Maggie quieted him. She raised her lips to his and kissed him gently. “Everyone’s okay,” she reminded him.
He looked into her eyes and smiled in that way she had always loved. “I adore you, Maggie Sullivan,” he said.
“I know,” she sighed, making them both laugh.
“Do I need to get a private room?” Morgan asked, having awakened during the conversation.
“Of course not,” Maggie answered, giggling. She completely missed the look that passed between the two men. She rose from Jaime’s side and went to check on her brother. “How are you?”
“I’ve been better, but I’m healing,” he stated the obvious.
“Well, you two rest so you can get out of here,” she ordered, wagging her pointer finger at them. “I actually have work to do.”
“Party pooper,” Morgan accused, pretending to pout. Maggie laughed out loud.
“You’re too old to pout, big brother,” she said. “It doesn’t suit you.”



“You mean to tell me that there is some crazy vampire on the loose, doing all the things you swore to me that vampires don’t really do?!” Gibbs asked sternly.
“That’s correct,” Noah responded. He had explained the situation to Gibbs as best he could to someone who didn’t know how things worked in preternatural circles.
“So the only difference between truth and fiction is your ability to control the vampires in your line, and you are finding yourself unable to do that?” he questioned. Noah’s face hardened.
“He will be found and the situation taken into control. He will be made an example of. I will not have everything we have built over the course of five centuries destroyed by one,” he assured Gibbs, his voice vibrating with anger.
“Then get to it,” Gibbs ordered. Noah left the building more determined than ever to stop Rupert.

Gibbs shook his head and smiled. Sometimes you had to be a little hard to get results, but it could be fun sometimes. He still wasn’t sure how he felt about Agent Diamond and the whole “vampire” thing. He knew he didn’t like him around any of the women on his team – not Abby, Ziva, Maggie or Jenny. And it didn’t help that he seemed to have a close relationship with each of them. Diamond had shown himself to be reliable, resourceful and trustworthy in the line of duty, but Jethro wasn’t sure he liked the fact that the other man could manipulate the thoughts and feelings of others. His thoughts were interrupted when his phone buzzed.
“Hey Abs,” he answered, a smile in his voice. He was picturing her with the flame thrower pack across her shoulder, flame thrower in hand, toasting their latest deviant.
“Gibbs, I need to talk to you,” she informed him.
“I’ll be there in a few,” he said, rushing out to grab a Caf-Pow! before going to the forensics lab.



“I’m telling you, the boy has talent,” Abby admitted. She and Maggie giggled like high school students sharing a secret.
“I’m sure he does,” Maggie said, trying not to picture what Abby was telling her. It’s never good to imagine your best friend’s lover in that way.
“I’m serious,” she qualified. “You should kiss him; just once. But you can’t enjoy it,” she ordered, then continued, “well, good luck not enjoying it, but he is amazing,” Abby said seriously.
“I’m not going to kiss your man just so you can prove how good he is at it,” Maggie shook her head, laughing.
“But you should! I wouldn’t mind!” Abby insisted. Maggie continued to laugh and slowly shake her head, not believing her friend.
“Wouldn’t mind, what, Abs?” Gibbs questioned, handing her the Caf-Pow!
“I think Maggie should kiss Tim,” Abby said excitedly. “He is totally amazing and I feel like no one can understand when I…” Maggie was laughing softly in the background, especially after catching the confused expression on Gibbs’ face.
“I don’t think so, Abs,” he interrupted. “It doesn’t work that way. Besides, I thought you ladies didn’t kiss and tell,” he smiled at Abby.
“Of course we do,” Abby said, and then smiled knowingly. Gibbs looked seriously uncomfortable. Maggie laughed even harder knowing he thought Abby knew about their kiss. Of course, she hadn’t told anyone – not even Abby. But he, clearly, didn’t know that.
“Is that what you called me down here for, Abs, because I’m not really in the kissing mood?” he interjected, his voice strained.
“Of course not,” Abby said. Her face fell as she thought about her real reason for bringing him to her lab. She met Maggie’s eyes, and then they both turned to face Gibbs. “I think Kate is gone,” she said softly. “And I don’t know how to tell Tony.”



Noah, Estelle and Malcolm made their way to the abandoned church to which they had tracked Rupert.
“He’s here,” Estelle confirmed, looking to the others.
“Let’s do this,” Noah commanded, taking the lead. They burst through the doors to find Rupert with about six new vampires.
As their leader, Rupert ordered them to attack. Noah shook his head, “Do you really think you can attack us, your masters, with new vampires?” he questioned, a laugh behind his confident expression. Noah waved his hand, using his blood authority to command the vampires using only his thoughts. All six fell prostrate on the floor and lay trembling under his power. Rupert’s eyes reflected shock and fear. Noah wasn’t sure why he thought he had enough power to stand against him, but was pretty sure he now knew he was wrong.
Rupert fell to his knees in front of Noah, “I’m sorry, master; I beg your forgiveness.”
“Estelle is your master! I am hers. My presence should not be required!” Noah shouted. “And the time for forgiveness has long passed.” Noah turned to Estelle, “Take care of him,” he commanded quietly.
He watched as Estelle asserted her authority and executed the vampire who had once faithfully served her, as well as the six new vampires he had just made. Noah’s conscience grieved at the loss of life, but he knew it was necessary. At least the immediate threat had been eliminated. He left, not bothering to communicate the information to Abby. He would see them soon enough.