- Text Size +
“Can I talk to you privately for a moment before I have to go?” Shannon asked McGee with a hint of blush in her cheeks.
“Sure,” he said curiously, allowing her to lead him far around the corner. She stopped to listen, and then pulled him further down the hall, and into the stairwell. “What’s wrong?” he asked.
“I just wanted to thank you again for saving me,” she said shyly.
“Well, you’re welcome,” he said. “But it wasn’t just me,” he explained. “Abby, our forensic tech, was able to communicate with your Aunt Maggie, who gave us lots of information on how to find you. Then Tony, Ziva, Gibbs and I all came there to save you. I was just the person lucky enough to get to carry you to safety,” he said, giving her a wink. She rose up on her tiptoes to kiss him on the cheek.
“You’re still my hero,” she said with a smile. She then grabbed his head in her hands and pulled him toward her, giving him a full kiss on the mouth. Shannon laughed as he pulled away in shock.
“Um... uh...” he sputtered.
“Thanks, Tim,” she said with a wink, as she disappeared back through the stair door.

Tim walked down the stairs towards Abby’s lab, still not sure what to make of what just happened.
“Tim!” Abby said, walking over to give him a hug and kiss. She noticed his mood and stopped. “What’s up?”
“Little Shannon just kissed me,” he said. “One second she was thanking me for saving her, and the next she was trying to slip me the tongue,” he continued, clearly disturbed.
Abby laughed out loud. She brushed a stray lock of hair out of his eyes. “When I was her age, I would probably have done the same thing,” she admitted.
“You would have kissed a grown man like THAT when you were just a kid?” he said, taken aback.
She looked at him curiously. “How old you think she is, honey?” she asked.
“I don’t know; at first I thought six or seven. Then it was obvious I had underestimated. Maybe… eight… nine…?”
Abby laughed harder. “Older,” she hinted.
“Well, she does talk older than her age. I suppose she could be really petite… twelve?” he asked, having difficulty imagining that.
“Older,” Abby said, laughing even harder. “Timmy! She’s a werewolf! How old does Maggie look? She’s almost 114.”
“Aahhhhh… he said,” blushing. “How old is she?” he asked Abby.
“She’s almost seventeen, Tim,” she responded.
“You’re kidding me!” he objected.
“Nope,” she said, laughing again. “I would have paid money to see that.”
“But you aren’t going to tell anyone, right?” he asked, teasingly threatening her with his look.
“I don’t know… silence could cost you…” she teased back.
“What would it cost me?” he asked, meeting her wicked look with one of his own. She leaned forward and started whispering in his ear. He shifted uncomfortably, but was unable to keep the smile off his face.
“Ah… something not appropriate for this time and place,” he answered with a sexy look. “You can get back to me.”
“Party pooper!” Abby called out after him as he exited the lab.



“I’m heading out,” Gibbs said, grabbing his things. “Have a nice weekend everyone,” he said, rushing toward the elevator.
“Well, he’s in a good mood,” Ziva commented.
“Hot date?” Tony speculated.
“I don’t know…” Ziva pondered. “Who ever knows with him?”
“What’s it matter?” Noah said, wondering why everyone was so concerned.
“I’m curious,” Tony said. “He is such a bastard all the time, but always gets the hot women.”
“He can’t be a jerk all the time, Tony,” Director Shepard walked up behind him. “He did get four different women to marry him.”
“True,” Ziva said.
“I don’t know about you losers,” Tony said, “but I have plans. How about we blow this popstand?”
“Beg your pardon?” Ziva asked.
“Let’s get out of here,” McGee explained, rolling his eyes at Tony. Ziva laughed.
“Wanna grab a drink?” Ziva asked the group, collectively.
“Like I just said; Plans…” Tony said, ducking into the elevator.
“Abby and I were…” McGee trailed off not sure how to finish that sentence unobtrusively. “We’re busy,” he corrected.
“Ziva, I’m sorry,” Maggie said, gathering her things. “I have some things to catch up on, having been out of it all day.”
“Don’t worry about it,” Ziva assured her. “I’m surprised they let you come up to your desk this afternoon anyway. I figured they would handcuff you to the bed and make you rest.”
“Not exactly,” Maggie said with a grin.
“I’m free,” Noah said, catching Ziva’s eye. They had a wonderful conversation that morning. Well, wonderful in that she actually talked to him. She told him in no uncertain terms that things could not move forward with them and that she would appreciate it if he would stop coming on to her since he knew she was powerless to resist him. She asked him to respect her wishes and back off. “But if you think that would be uncomfortable…”
“I don’t know…” Ziva began, and looked at Jenny. “Wanna join us, Director?”
“Sure,” she said, unsure of why Ziva didn’t want to be alone with Noah, but picking up on her desperation for more company. “That would be fun.” Ziva picked up her phone and invited Ducky to join them.
“Okay, let’s go. Ducky will meet us outside,” she said as they made their way out of the building.



Maggie went home in a daze, her mind unable to think about anything other than her upcoming ‘date’. As she opened the door, she was attacked by her niece. “Aunt Maggie, you have to tell me everything you can about Timothy McGee!” she said excitedly. “Does he have a girlfriend?”
“Yes,” Maggie said slowly. “And he’s not a pedophile,” she added.
“I’m sixteen years old!” she protested.
“Which is too young to be in a relationship with an adult male,” Maggie explained. “Not to mention, you have the body of an eleven year old.”
Shannon gasped. “I do not! I think I look at least thirteen now.”
“My point exactly,” Maggie said with a smile.
“I guess you’re right,” she said with a sigh. “But he’s a total hottie, in a geeky kind of way. I like that.”
Maggie smiled, “I’m sure you do.” She ran her fingers through her niece’s hair. “Don’t rush growing up, sweetie. You are going to have MANY years of adulthood. Enjoy your childhood while you have it,” she said, leaning down to kiss Shannon on the cheek.
“I guess,” Shannon sighed.

“What’s going on in here?” Morgan said, acting as if he hadn’t actually heard the conversation from the other side of the house.
“Like you don’t know!” Shannon said, rolling her eyes.
“Get your stuff, lassie, we have a place to catch!” he said, smacking her on the rear end.
“Thanks for coming, Morgan,” Maggie said after Shannon had run upstairs to collect her things. “And thank Jaime, too.”
“He said he was sorry for flying on back early, but he had some things to take care of,” Morgan said. “Truth be known, he was acting very strangely.”
“Give him a big hug for me,” Maggie said, “and this one’s for you.” She grabbed him and squeezed him tightly. “I love you,” she said.
“I love you too, sis,” he replied, planting a kiss on the top of her head.
“What time does the plane leave?” she asked.
“Eight,” he answered. “I figure we’ll leave right after dinner.”
“Oh, about dinner,” Maggie began, “I didn’t really know you would be here and so I have plans.”
“A date?” Morgan teased. “I thought you said there wasn’t anyone special. Oh wait! There was a guy that you said didn’t want you. Same guy?” he asked with a smirk.
“The same,” she confirmed, moving past him to her bedroom. She started placing items in her overnight bag.
“So does he have a name?” he grilled.
“Of course,” Maggie said chuckling. “Doesn’t everyone?”
“Are you going to tell me?” he asked persistently.
“Nope,” she replied.
“Wait up, are you packing for an overnight stay?” he said protectively. Maggie wagged her eyebrows at her brother.
“Let’s just say I’ve been looking forward to this for a long time,” she said in a sultry voice.
“I don’t know if this is a good idea, Mags,” Morgan said, trying to move her bag out of her reach.
“I beg your pardon!” she objected. “I am a grown woman. This is my house, my life and my decision.”
“I’m sorry, you’re right,” he said, pretending to give in. He surreptitiously reached over and grabbed her silk nightgown out of her bag and tucked it behind his back.
“I thought you would rather I have that, than not,” she argued with a smirk.
He sighed. “You’re right.”
“I know,” Maggie said with a superior look.

“So, what’s his name?” Shannon said, joining them in Maggie’s room.
“I wouldn’t tell your father, and I won’t tell you,” Maggie answered with determination. “Now, give me a hug and get out of my room so I can change clothes,” she said and leaned down to give her niece a huge bear hug. “I love you, sweet Shannon,” she said in her ear.
“I love you too, Aunt Maggie,” she answered.

Maggie couldn’t remember the last time she showered as quickly as she did. She quickly applied moisturizer, a small amount of make-up, blow-dried and styled her hair and dressed. A mere thirty minutes later, she came out of the bedroom carrying her overnight bag.
“Now I definitely don’t think it’s a good idea,” Morgan said, eyeing his sister’s outfit. She was wearing black silk pants that looked like second skin, 4-inch black heels and an amazing red blouse that he couldn’t quite figure out. It looked more like a wrap or a set of scarves. It was cut low in the front, showing more than a hint of cleavage. It was cut so low in the back that you could see the hip band of her low-cut pants.
“Fortunately, I don’t need your approval,” she smirked as she walked out the door. “Don’t forget to lock up when you leave,” she said after she got outside. She knew he would still hear her.
“Wow, she is hot!” she overheard her niece say as she got into her car. She laughed. This was going to be a great weekend.