- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
more to the story...
Noah and Maggie hesitated outside of Abby’s lab, sensing the truth before walking through the doors. She was a seer.
“She says to stop stalling,” Noah said, laughing softly.
“Telepaths,” Maggie grumbled under her breath. She stifled a yawn as she made her way into the forensics lab.
“You must be Agents Diamond and Sullivan. I’m Abby,” she smiled.
“Maggie,” Maggie said, returning Abby’s smile. “And call him Noah,” she added, tossing a silly look over her shoulder. Abby chuckled.
“Happy to meet you both,” she replied.
“Nice place you have here,” Noah drawled, walking slowly around the room. He had an energy about him that seem to fill the space before he took each step.
“It’s not much, but I call it home,” Abby said cheerfully. “Look, I don’t think we should dodge the issue here, but I don’t know if I’m comfortable sitting down and having a nice long chat either,” she said, finally refusing to ignore the elephant in the room. “I know about NPID. I actually considered working with your agency before taking the job here. We clearly know about each other. How much do Gibbs and the director know?”
“How much do we know about what, Abs?” Gibbs asked, gifting her with a Caf-Pow! He nodded to the others, “Diamond; Sullivan.”
“Gibbs! I didn’t see you come in,” Abby said, smiling sweetly.
“Spill it,” Gibbs demanded.
“I wondered if you had been fully briefed on the details of the case against Clyde Barnes. I know how much you hate being in the dark and…” Abby rambled in response.
“Abby,” Gibbs warned, stopping her with a look.
“Okay, if you must know I was gossiping with the new agents about the rumors I’ve heard,” Abby admitted, blushing. “I heard they were coming to stay here at NCIS as special liaisons with NPID, at least for a while.”
“I don’t know where you get your information,” Gibbs said, “but you’re right, as usual. Agents Diamond and Sullivan are going to be here for a while, whether we need them or not.” He left the lab as abruptly as he had arrived.
Abby smiled, recognizing the expression on Maggie’s face. “That’s our Gibbs,” Abby said. “He’s one of a kind.”
“I’ll say,” Maggie said, still able to see the man’s incredible backside in her mind.
Noah rolled his eyes. ‘Great, more competition,’ he thought to himself. ‘I heard that,’ Abby projected into his thoughts. He had almost forgotten. He would have to be more careful around here.
“Hey, Abby,” McGee said, but stopped short when he realized she had company. “Oh, sorry to interrupt.”
“Never a problem,” Abby said, giving him one of her famous smiles. “Whatcha’ need?”
“Umm.. well,” he began.
“Noah, I think we should head back upstairs,” Maggie said, leading her partner back out of the lab.
“Whatever,” he said, smirking at Abby on his way out. ‘McGee’s a total geek’, he thought to himself. ‘Hey!’, Abby again intruded his thoughts. ‘That’s MY McGee you’re talking about.’ ‘Your McGee?’ he questioned. ‘Yeah, he just doesn’t know it yet.’ He chucked to himself as he and Maggie got onto the elevator.

* * *

Maggie tore her eyes back to her computer screen. She was having a hard time not staring. Special Agent Gibbs had this quality about him that she couldn’t explain. She was accustomed to feeling a magnetic physical attraction to someone, because she spent a lot of time with vampires. They are very literally attractive, and they can’t help it. But Gibbs was the first normal man she had ever felt this intense attraction for, and she couldn’t explain it. Not that the man was normal by any stretch of the imagination. As her mind began conjuring up images of his incredible body, she found herself staring, once again. Lord, she needed help. She stood and crossed the room, turning her back on Gibbs, hoping this would help.
“So, McGee, do you have any advice as to where I could get a place around here?” Maggie asked him, smiling.
“What are you looking for, what’s your price range, how permanent…?” McGee began asking questions.
“Well, I am currently living on my boat, but it’s a commute of almost two hours, with traffic. I’ve been staying in a hotel since I’ve been in town. I’m not really fond of small places, but I certainly don’t need a house. I think a townhouse might suit me well. Money is not really a concern.”
“I have a question,” Tony interjected. “Why ask Probie instead of me?”
“Because he’s dressed in designer label clothing and you’re wearing a shirt that you’ve spilled your lunch on,” she responded, teasingly. Ziva laughed in response.
“I did not…” Tony began unbuttoning his shirt when he realized she was right. “That’s why I keep a spare,” he said giving her a wink as he reached for his other shirt.
“Get a shirt on, DiNozzo,” Gibbs said, smacking him on the back of the head. “Does every female agent we work with have to see you with your shirt off?” he asked.
“Sorry boss,” Tony said, quickly pulling on his shirt.
“Like I said before, you are always welcome to stay with me,” Noah said to Maggie, a sexy look in his eye.
“Uh-uh,” Maggie shook her head definitively, “too crowded.”
“Do you have a large family,” Ziva asked, curiously.
“More like a harem,” Maggie quipped, giving Noah a sideways glance.
“What’s this about a harem?” Tony asked, with genuine interest.
“There’s always room for one more,” Noah said, with a sly grin. Tony was giving him a curious look, as if he didn’t know whether to hate him or admire him. Noah moved his glance to Ziva, catching her eyes with his.
“We’ve got a dead Marine,” Gibbs interrupted, hanging up the phone. “Let’s go,” he said, after stating the address. “Ziva, you’re with me. Tony; McGee; bring the others with you,” he said, motioning to agents Diamond and Sullivan with a head nod, as he and Ziva disappeared into the elevator.


“My Lord, that man is sexy,” Maggie said, without thinking.
“Rule number 12,” Tony responded, “never date a co-worker.”
“O God, did I say that out loud?” Maggie asked, blushing. All three guys gave her level stares.
“Let’s roll,” Tony said, leading them outside.