- Text Size +
"It's just not going to happen," Ziva said pessimistically. "Every lead we've had has led nowhere. We aren't going to save Tony in time, and Gibbs is going to kill us."
"Kill you," Noah amended. "I'm already dead," he reminded her with a smirk.
"Wipe the smile off your face, Diamond," she said. "You already held us up trying to find a plane with five available seats. Was it really necessary for you to bring three other women along?"
"A man's gotta eat," he reminded her. She rolled her eyes.
"You aren't a man," she debated.
"Oh, I beg to differ," he asserted. "Or do you need a reminder?" Noah said suggestively. Ziva blushed as her body automatically responded to his flirting.
"Stop it, Noah," she said. "You know what I meant…" her voice trailed off as she noticed he was standing strangely still.
"We're close," he said as he made his way toward a storefront.
"Malone's Tire and Bible Center," Ziva read aloud. "Am I missing something?" she inquired.
"No, they don't go together," he confirmed. "But I think the owner knows where Simpson is holding DiNozzo."
"Let's go," Ziva said, suddenly professional. Noah took the lead as they entered the store.
"Pardon me, ma'am," Noah began. "We were told you had information on the whereabouts of Jared Simpson. Oh, I'm sorry," he continued while listening to the woman's thoughts, "we forgot introductions. Noah Diamond, and this is Ziva David; we're with NCIS," he flashed his badge and his most charming smile. The woman practically melted. Any thoughts she had been thinking went straight out of her head.
"He's my cousin," she said softly. "He doesn't want anyone to know where he is," she suddenly realized what she had told them. Her brow crinkled in confusion. ‘Why did I tell him that?' she asked herself.
"So he's here in Hume?" Ziva asked. The woman put her head down, avoiding their eyes. ‘I knew he was up to no good. He told me that guy he has with him was trouble. I don't know what to do,' she thought.
"I don't think I can help you," she said sadly.
"Ma'am," Noah said, taking her hand. "I know this is a difficult situation for you," his eyes met hers. She almost swooned. Ziva rolled her eyes. "We mean him no harm, we only need to find…" he stopped short when he realized she had just told him everything he needed in her thoughts. "Never mind, I won't press you," he said with a smile. "Call us if you need anything at all," he said with a wink as he handed her his business card and they rushed out the door.



"Gibbs! Perfect timing, as usual," Abby said perkily as he entered the lab.
"Why am I here, Abby?" Gibbs asked, his frustration at not having found Tony starting to rise to the surface.
"The evidence Mann gathered from Jeffers' place was mostly useless, but…" she added quickly, "I was able to put a back trace on the call from Simpson. He was definitely calling from Hume," she confirmed.
"Something we don't know?" he asked. "Please say there's more," he added.
"Of course," she said. "I have a lock on the signal of the phone he used. It's still on," she explained. "He's at a farm on the outskirts of town. I've pulled up satellite images and have confirmed that is where he took Tony," Abby said as she put the images onto the screen. "See," she said as she gave him the address.
"Beautiful work," he said giving her a kiss on the cheek.
"Happy to oblige," she called out as he was leaving.
Gibbs' phone rang. "Gibbs!" he answered.
"Boss, we found Tony," Ziva said as they pulled into the driveway of the farm.
"They're out back in the stables. Only Simpson and DiNozzo, as far as I know," Gibbs filled them in. Ziva shook her head amazed at how he was always a step ahead.
"The stables," she instructed Noah as they made their way out back. "How did you…?" she continued on the line with Gibbs.
"Abby," Gibbs said simply. "Don't forget, the FBI wants Simpson alive."



"Tony!" Abby said running to give him a hug, and practically knocking him down in the process.
"Hey, Abs," he said.
"I'm sorry, Tony," Sarah said quietly from across the room. Tony looked up and met her eyes. He saw the pain and regret she was feeling and smiled at her. He crossed the room and gave her a hug.
"It's alright," he said. "I knew you weren't a part of this," he explained.
"But I just feel so…"
"Don't," Tony interrupted her. He hugged her tighter and kissed the top of her head. McGee cleared his throat. Loudly. The two separated guiltily and Sarah blushed. "What's wrong, Probie?" Tony teased, letting McGee see him leer at his sister. He wagged his eyebrows at McGee.
"Stop teasing him, Tony," Ziva said lightheartedly. She was so excited to have Tony back. She hadn't thought of Noah or Roy for almost an hour.
"But it's so easy," Tony explained as he allowed Ziva to lead him out of the room.
McGee turned to Abby, "So now what?" he asked.
"Jeffers broke easily," Abby explained to McGee, who had been out of the loop working on the money trail. "It seems he was nearly attacked by a vicious wolf earlier today," she said with a mischievous grin. McGee laughed. "Simpson followed suit, especially once we had the information from Jeffers. Gibbs has turned them both over to the FBI so they can set something up to catch the buyer. Homeland Security is off the Director's back and on the FBI," she smirked.
"I'm glad they were able to find Jeffers and get him to talk," McGee said. "Not only was I unable to find a link between him and Simpson, but Gibbs and Fornell came up empty with their questioning at the Pentagon as well. I don't know how we would have gotten him," he said pensively.
"Maybe Agent Sullivan needs a raise and Mann needs to join our team," Gibbs said as he walked in the room.
"I was going to suggest dinner out," Mann said as she walked up behind him, "but if you insist…"
"Dinner out works for me," he said and looked back to McGee and Abby. "My treat; spread the word," he said as he left the room.

They stepped on the elevator. Mann turned to Gibbs.
"I had something more private in mind," she said with a smile.
"Really?" he said sarcastically. "Look, Holl, we were over a long time ago. I'm not looking for a history lesson," he said with a smile. "I appreciate the work you did here today."
"No problem," she said as he stepped off the elevator.