- Text Size +
"What's he doing here?" Tony asked. When no one responded, he looked around for clarification. "Roy's alive??"
"More like ‘undead'," Abby corrected.
"Why is he bowing down to Agent Diamond?" he continued, confused.
"Vampire politics," Maggie answered. "He's never met Noah before, and since he's one of his line, he has to pledge his loyalty to Noah. But even if they had met before, he would have to bow," she explained. "It's kind of the equivalent of saluting a superior officer, only more dramatic."
"Cool," Tony said, almost envious.
"Dramatic is right," Ziva said. "I didn't know he would do this or I never would have allowed him to come."
"Ziva," Noah began as he walked toward her. "I knew about Roy, but I never intended for him to know about me. I wouldn't have tipped the scales that way. Who you choose will be your decision," he said sincerely.
"Not anymore," Ziva said as she noticed Roy withdrawing from her.
"I'm sorry, Ziva," Roy said. "I won't compete with him," he explained.
"I'm not asking you to fight him, Roy, I'm asking you to let me date you both and make my own decision," Ziva half-shouted.
"I can't do that," Roy said sadly as he made his way toward the gate. "Thank you for inviting me," he added as he disappeared into Maggie's side yard.
Ziva slapped Noah, "I hate you!" she shouted.
"No you don't," he smirked, completely unaffected by her outburst.
"Well, that was quite a show," Gibbs interrupted. "I thought I had a complicated love life, Ziva, but I think you win."
"You have a love life, boss?" McGee asked.
Gibbs gave him a look that questioned his intelligence. "I've been married four times, Tim, of course I do," he said cryptically.
Jenny gave him a smile that spoke volumes. Of course, most of them assumed she was alluding to a private relationship between the two of them.
"Speaking of love lives, where's Jeff," Noah teased Maggie.
"I won't even tell you his last name or what he does for a living because I don't him to have any contact with you. Why would I invite him here while you're here?" Maggie asked, as if she were explaining to a fifth grader. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go answer the door."
"Did the bell ring?" Tim asked.
"No, but there is a car pulling up in the driveway, so it's only a matter of time," Maggie said with a smile.
"I don't think I'll ever get used to that," Tony said as Maggie disappeared inside.
"She's full of surprises," Abby said as she followed Maggie. She stopped just before she ducked inside, "I think my shirt is probably dry." Her smile made everyone laugh.


"Maggie," Abby half whispered once they were inside.
"Yeah?" Maggie said, turning to face her friend.
"Surely you don't mind if I meet Jeff… I mean, we're friends, right?" she asked.
"Of course we are, Abs! I promise that when I'm ready, I'll tell you first," Maggie said with a sly smile.
"So secretive," Abby commented. "I like it," she added with a wink.
They were interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell.
"Right on cue," Maggie said as she opened the door. An attractive young man in a uniform bearing the name of a local florist was standing on Maggie's doorstep. In his arms was one of the most exquisite flower arrangements she had ever seen. White Casablanca lilies were paired with pink, red and purple Plumeria. Maggie closed her eyes and allowed the amazing fragrance to overwhelm her.
"Read the card!" Abby said excitedly.
"Happy Birthday; Love, Jeff," she read. "PS – you thought I didn't know?"
Maggie chuckled.
"That's sweet," Abby said. She looked at Maggie for a moment. "You really like this guy."
"I do," Maggie confirmed as she set her flowers down on the dining room table where the afternoon sun was spilling through the windows. The warmth of the sun immediately caught the scent of the flowers, and it began spreading throughout the house. "Now go change, so we can get out there before something crazy happens." At Abby's upraised eyebrow, Maggie amended her statement. "Something else crazy," she added, as Abby ran off to change her blouse.
"I have something for you, too," Abby said from the bedroom. She didn't bother to speak loudly. She knew Maggie could hear her. "Not that you deserve it, after what you told Tim," she said teasingly under her breath. Maggie laughed out loud.


Maggie and Abby joined the others, Maggie carrying her flowers out to set on the patio table.
"Wow," Jenny said as she examined her delivery. "Those must have cost a pretty penny. Very nice," she winked at Maggie. "Happy Birthday," she said, handing Maggie a card.
"Oh, Jenny, thank you!" Maggie said as she opened the card, which contained a gift certificate for a spa day.
"You've earned it," Jenny said with a huge smile on her face.
"Thank you very much," Maggie hugged her tightly.
"My turn," Gibbs said as he handed Maggie a package. "Happy 114th," he said with a smirk, and then gave her an innocent kiss on the cheek.
"Thanks, boss," she replied with a laugh. She opened her package to find a vintage replica of the kind of ship on which she first learned to sail. She squealed and gave him big hug, "It's perfect!"
"Um, Maggie, I didn't know it was your birthday," Tony apologized.
"Neither did I," Ziva admitted.
"Nor I, Miss Sullivan," Ducky added.
"I'm sorry guys, I thought you knew," Abby winced. "Anyhow, my turn!" she said to Maggie as she thrust a shiny black bag with a silver embossed skull and crossbones on the front. Maggie chuckled as she took the bag and pulled out a stuffed werewolf. He was grey with white markings, and was wearing a black leather choker with metal spike studs on it, as well as military dog tags showing his name as "Death Puppy".
"Abby, he is so cute!" Maggie said excitedly as Abby took him back and began showing off all his features.
"I had all his jewelry custom made," she explained animatedly.
"Thank you, Abs, I love it," Maggie said.
"My turn," Tim said, handing Maggie his gift. "It's a pair of Joo Janta 200 Super-Chromatic Peril-Sensitive Sunglasses. They will provide a relaxed attitude toward danger. At the first sign of trouble they turn totally black, thus preventing you from seeing anything that might alarm you. Not recommended for driving, of course," he said.
"You're kidding, right?" she asked.
"Of course I'm kidding. Who besides Douglas Adams could come up with something like that? It's from ‘The Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy'," he added. Maggie opened the package and, rather than what he described, found a pair of designer sunglasses that framed her face beautifully.
"Wow, Tim," she said, speechless. "They're beautiful."
"Abby helped," he admitted. "And, uh… ‘tis the season and all that."
"Thank you," she said giving him a huge hug. "This was so nice. I planned for you to come here so I could treat you, and you brought gifts."
"Wait, I have something," Noah interrupted, handing her a package. Inside was a gift certificate to an expensive, elegant downtown restaurant and some very naughty lingerie.
"Noah!" Maggie said, her face flushing red.
"What is it?" Tony asked.
"I'm not showing," Maggie insisted.
"I figure it will be a while before you actually let us meet Jeff, we may as well begin getting on his good side," he quipped.
"Well, that'll do it," Ducky said, just as Maggie realized he had pulled the ensemble out of the bag.
"Ducky!" Maggie whisper-shouted. Everyone laughed.
"Nice," Gibbs said with a shrug. "Very hot."
Tim and Tony each also nodded in approval. Abby gave Maggie a wicked grin.
"I'm going inside," Maggie said as she gathered her things and walked toward the door.