- Text Size +
"What do you got, Abs?" Gibbs asked as he walked into the forensics lab.
"Perfect timing, as usual," Abby said conspiratorially. "The 911 recording is your standard distress call. Everything lines up with what Ms. Montgomery has already reported. Actually, everything we've pulled from the computer has confirmed what she reported as well."
"So why was my visit so timely, Abs?" Gibbs asked. "You do have something I don't already know…?"
"Oh ye of little faith, boss," Abby said with a smile. "Gunnery Sergeant John Montgomery is a vampire. His emails hinted of him finding a way to come back from the dead, but he wanted to explain it to his wife in person. She, of course, isn't cooperating because she thinks it's a hoax," Abby explained.
"And…" Gibbs pulled her back on track.
"And, Noah is on his way to see Cyrus Bocelli, who is most likely Montgomery's master. According to the emails, it appears Montgomery doesn't intend any harm, he is just using his son to get his wife to listen to him," Abby continued.
"You don't think it could hurt a kid to see his dead Dad seven months after the funeral, Abs?" Gibbs asked.
"Well, of course," she said apologetically.
"McGee; take this computer back to Ms. Montgomery, and bring her down here. I want her here when Noah gets back with her husband," Gibbs ordered.
"On it boss," he said as he began to gather the Montgomery computer.
"Anyone heard from Sullivan?" Gibbs asked. Abby smirked.
"Nothing here," she admitted with a smile. Abby thought she caught the hint of a smile as Gibbs quickly left the room.



After searching the area surrounding the house many times over, Maggie was still unable to pick up the scent of the vampire who abducted Brogan. Because he played there everyday, Brogan's scent was everywhere, but none of the trails let off the property. After enough time had expired, she retreated to the secluded place where she had stashed her clothes and quickly transformed back into her human form. She quickly shrugged into her clothes, picked up her cell phone and called the office.
"Gibbs," he answered.
"Hey, I need a ride," Maggie said with a chuckle.
"McGee's on his way over there, you can catch a ride back with him," Gibbs said. "Find anything?"
"No, which is beyond strange," Maggie said. "Even if a crime hadn't been committed, tracks can't be covered to the point that I can't pick them up. There has to be some sort of vampiric power preventing me from tracking him," Maggie continued in frustration.
"Just get back here," he said as he hung up the phone. Maggie smiled at his gruff manner. Most people didn't know how to take him when he was like this, but his "case-face" was part of his charm, as far as she was concerned. Of course, it was difficult to see a person's flaws when you loved them completed. And she loved him more than she ever thought she could.

Maggie heard the car pull into the driveway and quickly joined McGee as he approached the Montgomery house. If it appeared they arrived together, they could avoid a lot of questions.
"Find anything?" he asked.
"I could ask you the same thing," Maggie answered with a smile. "But, no; nothing." Tim smiled at her as she rang the doorbell.



Noah stepped of the elevator with an entourage of men Gibbs could only assume were fellow vampires and one small child.
"Boss, meet Jonathan and Brogan Montgomery," Noah said in introduction. The small boy looked confused, but not scared, standing next to the father he had believed was dead. Gibbs focused his attention on the boy.
"Brogan, your mom has been really worried about you," he said kindly.
"Is she here?" he asked with a hopeful expression.
"Just around the corner," Gibbs said with a smile, as he led the boy into the conference room.

Callie Montgomery was sitting in the conference room alone, trying to rein in her thoughts which kept straying to various versions of terrible things that could be happening to her little boy. Special Agent Gibbs had promised her they knew where to find him, but she didn't trust that easily. She would believe it when she saw Brogan again. She shook her head in frustration. If she wasn't so cynical and had taken the time to respond to the emails that were supposedly from her husband, she might still have her son with her. Fresh tears sprang again from her soft blue eyes as she began to cry for about the hundredth time since she discovered Brogan was missing earlier that morning. She spun her head quickly toward the door as it opened.
"Agent Gibbs, is there any… Brogan!" her expression and voice changed simultaneously when she saw her son's precious face.
"Mommy!" he said as he ran into her arms. "Daddy's here," he told her excitedly.