- Text Size +
"Uh, Abs?" Tim said.
"Yeah," she answered half-asleep.
"I think I'm stuck," he said uncomfortably.
"Coffin sleep doesn't suit you, babe," she said giving him a long good morning kiss. "I'll help you up," she said suggestively.
"That wasn't exactly what I had in mind," he responded, turning toward her, "but I'm not complaining."
"We're going to be late again," she told him.
"No we're not," he responded.
"Oh yes we are," Abby said as she straddled him and pushed him onto his back. "And I don't want to hear any argument," she added.
"It's Saturday," he said with a smile, which she returned. There was no question as to how they would spend their weekend.



Maggie awoke slowly to the smells of soap, coffee and breakfast flooding her senses. She rolled over into the place Jethro had vacated. It still smelled of him. She smiled and made her way to her kitchen, where he had made himself at home. She drank in the sight of him in snug blue jeans, shirtless, standing in front of her stove with his back to her, his hair still wet from the shower.
"Good morning," she said as she slid her arms around his waist from behind, and rested her cheek on his bare back.
"It certainly is," he said as he turned to face her. Sliding his arms inside her robe, he pulled her to him. He smiled as she brought her mouth up to meet his.
"Your eggs are browning," she said against his mouth.
"I don't care," he said, making her laugh. He slapped her on the rear gently and winked at her, before turning his attention back to breakfast.
Maggie smiled as she looked at the large meal he had prepared. "You're spoiling me," she said as she poured herself a cup of coffee. She stood by the patio door and stared out into her large yard thinking about how nice it was having him there.
"Breakfast is almost ready," he informed her, interrupting her musings. She retrieved the butter and fresh-squeezed juice from the refrigerator and began setting the table. They moved around the room very comfortably, as if they had done this many times before.
"I love weekends," she said contentedly. "Two weeks ago, I would have told you I preferred the office," she said with a smirk.
He gave her a knowing look, "Couldn't have said it better myself."
"You did a great job on this last case," Gibbs added, "in case I didn't tell you."
"You didn't, but I understand how it is," Maggie said diplomatically.
"I'm such a bastard to you at work, soon you won't want me around," he said.
"It would be different if I didn't know the situation," she said with a smile. "And there's no chance of me not wanting you, Jethro," Maggie added with a heated look. His eyes met hers and she suddenly couldn't breathe. "They should outlaw a man being as attractive as you," she said half-seriously.
"It's a burden," he agreed jokingly. "Having women like you throwing themselves at me all the time…"
"You should be so lucky," she chuckled.
"I know," he said. "There are no other women like you," he said seriously.



Ziva smiled as she lengthened her stride and again took the lead. She tossed back her head and laughed. She couldn't remember the last time she had this much fun on her run. Roy had called her that morning and suggested they run together. At first she hadn't thought it was a very good idea, but she was glad she reconsidered. She gasped in surprise when she felt his hands grab her waist. He picked her up easily and continued running as he tossed her over his shoulder. She pounded her hands on his back and laughed.
"Put me down, Roy," she said through her giggles.
"Not until you beg," Roy teased.
"I'm serious," she said, continuing to pound him. She wiggled free as she felt him slow his pace, and flipped out of his arms. She landed on her feet, automatically taking a defensive stance.
"Whoa…" he said, throwing his arms up.
"I don't beg," she said authoritatively.
"I'll make a note," he said meeting her eyes. She suddenly realized she had never asked him a very important question.
"What power do you have?" she asked.
"What do you mean?" he asked.
"Every vampire has some sort of special ability. Some can read minds or emotions. Some can see the recent past. Some are clairvoyant. Some can project emotions to others…" she continued.
"Wow, you're well-informed," he said, not expecting her to be familiar at all with his world.
"And?" she demanded.
"Telekinesis," he said softly.
"Wow," she said with a smile. "That's cool. So you promise there is no way you can manipulate my mind?"
"Not with some sort of power," he promised. "I do have to warn you that if our relationship progresses to the next level…"
"I know all about that," she interrupted. He gave her a curious glance.
"Have you been involved with a vampire before?" he asked.
"You could say that," she said and resumed running.
"Ziva?" he vied for her attention as he started running beside her.
"I can't talk about it right now," she said. "But thanks for suggesting we run together," she smiled at him.
"Yeah," he responded, pondering when the day went from great to weird.



Tony stood under the hot spray of the shower. ‘Kayla?' he thought. ‘No, Kylie?' He couldn't remember the name of the woman that was sleeping in his bed. Soon he would be out of hot water literally and in it figuratively, if his brain didn't engage. ‘Darnit!' he thought.
After Kate had left, he had gone from deep mourning to being an insensitive jerk to… his old self. Sort of. But the light behind his eyes had dimmed.
‘Kaymie!' he suddenly remembered. He chuckled as he shut off the water and reached for his towel. He heard his phone ring. He hurried from the room, towel slung around his waist and water dripping everywhere, and entered the bedroom to answer the phone. Too late. Darn it! She had picked up the phone.
"Hello?" she said, shrugging in apology.
He grabbed the phone from her hand, "DiNozzo," he answered.
"Tony, it's Jenny."
"Hey," he said, his voice perking up. He gained a glare from Kaymie.
"If you're busy…"
"No, not at all," he said with a smile in his voice.
"I was wondering if you could help me out with something today. Unofficially," she added.
"Of course. I'll be right over," he said.
"My place, not the office!" she added before he disconnected.
"I have to go to work," he said to the young lady who was shooting darts at him with her eyes.
"I'm sure," she said condescendingly as she started grabbing her things. She was dressed in a matter of moments. "Sorry to take so much of your time," she said sarcastically as she slammed the door.
"Well, that was awkward," Tony said to himself as he quickly dressed.