- Text Size +
Chapter 2

Quitting time on Friday couldn't come fast enough for the ladies. Abby and Carly bounced out of the elevator to find Michelle at Ziva's desk. "What are we waiting for?" Abby asked as she rocked back and forth.

"Wait, you girls are going somewhere?" Tony asked.

"Yes, we are Tony, and you aren't invited." Ziva answered, causing the other three ladies to laugh at his disgruntled expression.

Ducky and Palmer looked on curiously and Carly winked at Jet. Jethro smiled. He knew where they were going. The elevator pinged a new arrival and Lacey walked in all smiles. "Are you ready?"

Tim smiled and said, "Um, I didn't know..."

"Not you Tim," Lacey told him gently and kissed his cheek as she walked by. "These four."

Tim's mouth dropped open. Tony pointed to the five of them and said, "Wait..."

"You said that already, Tony." Abby laughed and wiggled her eyebrows at him.

"Let's go already!" Michelle said, grabbing Ziva by the hand and dragging her out of her chair.

"Abby?" Tony said, questioning and Abby looked at Carly.

"Should we tell him?" Abby asked Carly. The women looked at each other and nodded. Abby pulled Carly close and Ziva did the same with Michelle. Michelle and Carly reached out to draw Lacey in. Abby leaned close to Carly and Carly smiled at her friend. Just as their lips nearly touched, they put their foreheads together, looked at Tony and said simultaneously, "It's ladies night. And what happens on ladies night..."

"Stays at ladies night!" Michelle, Ziva and Lacey ended.

Holding hands, they made their way to the elevators, hips swaying teasingly. They looked back at the men and as one winked and stepped into the elevator. The men could hear them laughing on the way down.

Tony walked over to Gibbs' desk. "Are you sure they never...?"

Gibbs shook his head. "Nope."

Tony sighed in relief and turned away but froze in place when Gibbs added, "I'm not sure at all, DiNozzo."

The look on Tony's face had the other three men turning away, choking on their laughter.

---------------------------------------------

Lacey hit the unlock button on her keyless remote and the women piled into her Ford F250 SuperCab.

"Oh, their faces were priceless but Tony's was the best!" Lacey said and Abby had to chuckle.

"So Carly, you told Gibbs?" Michelle asked. The other three women turned to look at Carly.

"I didn't say a word. And Abby set the date and time. He just has his ways." she told them and smiled.

Lacey nudged her arm. "Yeah! From that smile, we can see that he has his ways!"

Laughing and shaking her head, Carly asked, "Are we going or not?"

Lacey put the key in the ignition and turned it, starting the truck. "Let's roll, ladies."

"The first official ladies night has begun!" Abby said and Carly reached over to turn up the radio.

---------------------------------------------

The ladies were sitting at a table in a pub not far from the spa they had just left. After getting massaged for an hour and "steamed" in the sauna, they had showered, changed clothes and decided a drink was in order. Three drinks later, they were all a little happy.

"Abby, what's with that look on your face?" Michelle asked. Abby had been back and forth between looking happy and pensive all evening.

"Tony asked me to move in with him." Abby announced and looked around at her friends faces. "Yep, that's the reaction I had. Then we started talking about what would be moved and you know me, I want to keep my coffin. It might look a bit weird moving it though. So I suggested he move in with me. That's when we realized neither of us had enough space for all our stuff."

"So find a bigger place." Lacey suggested as if it was a no-brainer.

"Yeah, I know. I think that's when Tony started getting cold feet. I mean you all know him. He was the original never gonna settle down guy. Then we started seeing each other and now we're here."

"You both are scared." Carly said and set her beer down on the table. "Admit it. You didn't want to settle down either and then you started seeing Tony. A year later and here you both are in the most committed relationship either of you have been in. My suggestion, ease into it. Don't force the issue but don't back away. If you two really want to be together and live together, you'll find a way to work through things."

"Salut!" Ziva said and held up her glass at Carly's advice.

"Salut!" The four other women said and touched their drinks before finishing them off.

"Now, who's gonna take us home?" Lacey asked and they all jumped when they heard, "We will."

Turning around, they saw Jethro, Tony, Tim, Jimmy and Ducky standing there. Tim took Lacey's keys from her and helped her to stand. One by one the men each took a woman's hand and they all walked outside.

"See you later!" They said as they got into their vehicles and left the pub.