- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
the first three chatpers are all really short and not very good but bear with it...i promise it gets better and these chatpers are significant to the story.
On Friday I went on a date with Mark. I met him at the gym. I really liked him, he was so good looking, and he seemed like a nice enough guy.
The restaurant he took me to was amazing. Beautiful décor, great service and great food. Not usually a first date kinda place. We had such a good time; flirting, eating and chatting. He was so interested in me. He was sweet and romantic. I couldn’t believe I had finally picked I guy who wasn’t a complete jerk and didn’t still live with his mother.
But then it all changed. I ended up suffering through an hour of him comparing our romantic evening to various movies. I had never even heard of most of them. I just sat their stirring my drink with the cocktail stirrer. Then he began quoting bits from other movies. He invited me back to his place to ‘see his DVD collection’, normally I would have agreed but with Mark…I knew he actually meant his DVD collection.
Then it hit me…how much this guy was like Tony. Tony compares every possible situation to a movie. The mere thought that Mark reminded me of Tony just creeped me out. I had to get out of there. I told Mark I had to go and I’d come over to see his DVD collection some other time…of course hoping that I’d never see him again in my life.

He’s too much like Tony.