- Text Size +
After Abby had managed to convince me that I should talk to Tony, I returned to the squad room. We had no case so Tony was just playing on his computer while I sat at my desk gazing at him while twiddling my pen between my thumb and index finger nervously. I knew I would have to talk to him soon…I just had to wait for Gibbs to leave, then I could be alone with Tony.
Oh no! It looked like Tony was leaving first! I panicked. My pen ended up flying half way across the squad room. I went to retrieve it and I noticed Tony heading for the elevator. I picked up my pen and rushed to reach the elevator before the doors closed. I just managed to slip through the gap as the doors closed.
“Hey Ziva. You heading home too?” Tony said, trying to make conversation.
“Yeah.” I said without looking at him, I knew what I had to do. I reached for the button to stop the elevator and turned to face Tony as the elevator came to a halt.
“Something up Ziva?”
“I have to talk to you about something…”
“If it’s about what happened when we were undercover, I swear it was my knee.” He babbled.
“Tony…” I said, trying to stop him. I needed to get my point across before I turkeyed…sorry chickened out.
“Okay it wasn’t my knee, but I swear it was just heat of the moment, nothing to do with you…I men…not that you’re not…erm not that I’m…not that I don’t find you…”
There was only one thing I could do to stop him babbling…I had no other choice if I wanted to get my point across. Don’t worry…I didn’t shoot him, I kissed him.
He sort of began to join in but just as it was getting heated up he pulled away…
“Ziva…” he said
“Sorry Tony…I love you. You wouldn’t stop babbling…I had to let you know before I became too afraid to tell you.” I was babbling now.
Tony reached his hand up and put his finger on my lips to shut me up.
“Ziva…shh…Ziva, you’re a great girl…” Tony started.
‘Oh Shit!’ I thought, ‘ the whole ‘ you’re a great girl but I don’t actually like you in that way’ speech’
He obviously saw the look on my face.
“Ziva, don’t give me that look. I’m not giving you any ‘i’m not attracted to you’ speech cuz, well, I am attracted to you, a lot”
“So why did you…” Tony put his finger to my lips again.
“Let me finish. I am attracted to you, I mean how could I not be. You’re gorgeous and funny and you have a great personality”
‘Oh brilliant,’ I thought ‘have a great personality!’
“But…?” I asked, deciding not to voice my thought.
“But…I have a girlfriend.” He bit his lip nervously, it was kinda sweet actually, that he didn’t want to hurt me.
“So…you have multiple girlfriends all the time.”
“Well…now I just have one, we’re kinda exclusive. I love you Ziva…but I love Tiffany too.”
“Tiffany?” I scoffed, trying to hold back tears.
“Ziva, don’t…” I wasn’t quite sure if he meant don’t make fun of her name or don’t try to cover up how upset I was. I decided not to say anything.
After a few minutes I still hadn’t said anything.
“Ziva…please…I didn’t mean to hurt you…I shouldn’t have led you on with that kiss…Ziva, please say something.”
I said nothing. I just turned around and started up the elevator again. Neither of us said a word until we reached the car park. Tony muttered a short “bye” as we headed to opposite sides of the car park to our cars.
As I drove off I could feel a single tear falling down my left cheek.