- Text Size +
I got in my car and put a CD on, anything to take my mind off Tony.
It was the Wicked Soundtrack…from a musical I’d gone to see with Abby a few weeks ago.

Hands touch, eyes meet
Sudden silence, sudden heat


Those minutes in the elevator were unforgettable. When I kissed him, at first he didn’t respond…but then there was heat unlike I’d ever felt.

Hearts leap in a giddy whirl
He could be that boy


I couldn’t believe what was happening but in those seconds of blinding passion I couldn’t help thinking ‘this is the guy I want to be with for the rest of my life’

But I'm not that girl:

When he told be about Tiffany my heart sank. Exclusive? Why now…after all these years?

Don't dream too far
Don't lose sight of who you are


I dream of Tony so often now I don’t know who I am anymore. The old Ziva didn’t dream of one guy…

Don't remember that rush of joy
He could be that boy
I'm not that girl


The old Ziva didn’t cry twice in two days over the same guy!

Ev'ry so often we long to steal
To the land of what-might-have-been


What if ‘Tiffany’ isn’t the one for Tony? What if he’d found me first. I was right under his nose all these years, shy did he never ask me out?

But that doesn't soften the ache we feel
When reality sets back in


I can’t believe he brought her into work! And introduced us! The pain was unbearable…was he trying to hurt me? Or is he just that stupid?

Blithe smile, lithe limb
She who's winsome, she wins him


Was I even ever in there as competition? I mean come on…she’s just a giggle little bimbo!

Gold hair with a gentle curl
That's the girl he chose


He doesn’t even date blondes!!!!

And Heaven knows
I'm not that girl:


I’m not blonde…but all he’s ever said is that brunettes are his thing! I should be his girl!!

Don't wish, don't start
Wishing only wounds the heart


I never should have set my heart on Tony…I should have known it’d only end in heartbreak…that’s what he’s like…he skips from girl to girl never bothering about the heartbreak he causes.

I wasn't born for the rose and the pearl

Okay I’m not the most girly of girls like most of his dates…but I thought he might like me for being me…I mean all the suggestive flirty comments he comes out with, did they not mean anything? Were they really just banter between ‘friends’?

There's a girl I know
He loves her so
I'm not that girl:


He loves her so much…I basically threw myself at him and he still stayed loyal to her. She’s a lucky girl…but I’m not her…


The song depressed me so much I took it out of the CD player and threw it out of my car window…I’ll probably regret that later but I was really pissed off…I was crying again!
The old Ziva David was not like this…it sounds corny but it just goes to show how much love can change a girl…