- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
what we've been waiting for. What they've been waiting for, too.
Jethro opened the front door of his house, and stepped back so that Abby could pass him. Through the door himself, he turned to lock it and when he turned back, she was in his arms, kissing him with all the passion she had promised during their dances that evening. He was struggling to get out of his suit jacket and she was untying his tie and the buttons of his shirt, moving to release the cummerbund with expert hands before running her hands possessively over the muscles of his chest and snaking her arms around his neck.

Gibbs felt the desire he’d held in check all evening demanding to be released, wanting him to strip Abby naked and ravish her right there against the wall of his front hallway. He also wanted to love her in his bed, hold her against his heart when they were spent of passion and trembling with the afterglow of their desires. His groin was burning, his erect member straining to be free of the binding trousers that had held it all evening and eager to seek out that delightful source of heat that would quell and quench him.

At the same time, Gibbs didn’t want this to be a one-off. Never rational in the way he let his heart trip him, he still felt a hesitant tingle of fear at the same time as he was awash with longing. Abby had held his heart for so long…but he’d never given in to the thrumming of tension between them before this, out of fear for hurting her, out of fear for shattering what was left of his own aching, romantic self. But now, maybe all bets were off.

Abby gasped as Jethro’s hot mouth began exploring her face, planting a line of warm, wet kisses down her jawline and to her graceful neck. He paused to gently ease the silk straps of her gown away from first one shoulder, then the other, freeing her breasts for his viewing. She stood proudly before him, her hands entwined in his silver hair, her lips hungry for his but hungrier still to feel his mouth claim her body. “I’ve waited so long for this, Jethro,” she murmured, and his name was honey on her mouth. “Let’s not wait much longer, okay?

Las palabras de amor
Let me hear the words of love
Despacito mi amor
Let me know this night and evermore

Abby’s dress is now a pool of violet silk on the floor, with Gibbs’ trousers, tie, shirt and socks scattered punctuation around it. They have made it as far as his bedroom but are still standing, wrapped around each other and savouring the exquisite tension of desire that has been building all night. Finally Jethro moves forward, guiding Abby backward to sink down onto his bed. He pauses as she relaxes back on the hunter green duvet, gazing up at him with eyes dark with desire, her arms open and beckoning.

“What are you waiting for, Jethro?” she whispers, and a little thrill went up his spine again at the sound of his name. Not ‘Gibbs’, not ‘boss’, not any of the dozen fond and teasing nicknames she give him, “Mr. President”, “my hero” or “silver haired fox.”

“I want to hold this vision in my mind forever,” he tells her gently. “When I am old and full of sleep, I want the memory of looking at you, right now, like this to keep me warm.”

“Hmmm,” Abby reaches forward and catches his hand, pulling him to her. “You’re a long way from being old and full of sleep, but who says you won’t still have the real thing to keep you warm when you get to that point?”

He leans forward and she curves her arms round his shoulders, drawing him down to her eager mouth. He groans against her lips, his hands finally free to explore and claim her body, eagerly waiting for his explorations. Her skin is cool and as silken as the dress she has discarded, cool except at the core of her being where her desire for him is more subtle but still equal to his own. He kisses and licks and strokes his way over her breasts and down the curves of her waist and hips, then kneels to cool that fire with a deep, probing kiss, gliding his tongue over her labia and flicking her clit, smiling into her as she gasps and thrusts against him.

Her hands are in his hair, guiding and encouraging him, and he feels her trembling against his mouth. Then she calls to him, “Jethro, not yet. Come here, please…?” Reluctantly he moves away, wanting to give her pleasure but also wanting to make sure she isn’t changing her mind.

As if reading his thoughts, Abby smiles, and draws Gibbs up beside her. “Slowly, my hero,” she says tenderly. “We have all night, and tomorrow, and every day afterwards that you want—as long as you want.” She stresses the “you” slightly, reminding him that she gladly chooses to be in his arms, in his bed, and he smiles at her before catching her lips again with his own. She slides her hand down the flat stretch of his belly, slips inside the waistband of his briefs, and pushes them down his hips, then circles around to grasp his erect, straining cock firmly in one cool hand. He groans again, arching his back at the wave of sensation that jolts through him.

Abby pulls her lips away from Jethro’s and traces a line of loving kisses down his chest. Then her mouth takes over from her fingers, lightly flicking the tight skin of his shaft before she takes him in the most intimate of kisses. He growls deeply, unable to form words as his mind starts to spin, but his fingers find her breasts, caressing them as she continues her ministrations on his rigid member. And feels himself losing any fears, any doubts, not wanting to wait any longer. God, he thinks in between the bursts of pleasure she’s bringing him, Just let me make her happy. Let me please her. Let her love me as much as I love her. The fire in his body is growing hotter, more acute, and he manages to choke out a plea, “Abs…. I’m not going to last much longer. Please, come to me.”

She lifts her head from her ministrations, slips sinuously up to come into his arms, looks into his eyes. “God in heaven, you’re beautiful. Abby, I want you so much. I’ve wanted you for so long, and you’re finally here with me.” Jethro groans as he gazes at her body, at her lovely face looking tranquilly back at him, her eyes dark with passion. Her breasts are taut, the nipples rose pearl and beckoning, and he strokes them gently before taking one into his mouth.

Abby gives a little cry, leans forward into his embrace, and he puts his hands around her waist and lifts her onto his belly. He covers her breasts and throat with kisses, until neither one of them can think straight. Into the silken quiet of the room he whispers urgently one more time, “Are you sure?” and in answer, she draws him up beside her and kisses him deeply, mingling their scents and tastes together. Then she leans back, and with a sultry laugh that runs down to a “Yessssssss,” she pulls him over on top of her. And he gazes down at her, and finally claims what he’s wanted for so long.

She’s ready for him, more than eager for him; still, she gasps when he enters her, when the long dark lonely space has been closed as last. For a moment they lie absolutely still, savouring the newness of their union, savouring the pleasure of finally being where they have both wanted to be for so long.

Then Abby reaches up with one hand and touches Jethro’s face, with a caress that is at once light and laden with feeling. She’s gazing into his eyes, as if she can read his soul, and he looks steadily back at her, hoping she can see what he feels, hoping she likes what she see. He whispers again. “Abby…oh darling, you feel so good.” He gathers her to him, his mouth eager for hers, as they begin to move together in that most ancient of rhythms.

So long, he thinks as he thrusts slowly inside her, feeling the warmth and strength of her. So long since he actually made love to someone who loved him back. No more icy encounters born only of libido, groping in the middle of an unfamiliar bed; no more back turned to him like a curse, rejecting his desire and his love more sharply than a slap. He gazes into Abby’s eyes, the words he wants to pour out to her trembling on the end of his tongue—but still hesitant, not wanting to frighten her with an immense flood of emotion, he kisses her instead, kisses her with building excitement as the storm mounts inside them both.

For a time they move slowly, luxuriating in the sensations of their first lovemaking. Then suddenly, without a word passing between them, they change the tempo, moving faster, more urgently. Her hands slide down his back to grasp his buttocks and urge him on, and he lowers his mouth to her breasts, feasting on her tender flesh and feeling her tremble. Now she lets out a sharp cry, wraps her legs around his, her hips thrusting to meet him, her teeth closing down on his shoulder; he feels the contractions of her muscles tightening around his cock, and whatever control he has left is lost. “Abby!” he cries as the orgasm builds; she grasps his hair, her mouth frantic for his, and he crushes her to him, while the world falls away around them.

“Oh…sweet Jesus, Jethro…don’t stop, don’t ever stop…my love …”

He hears, as from a long way off, her call for him—the first words she has spoken since he entered her—and then she gives a cry; but even as he holds her tighter, he recognizes the cry as one of relief and release. The storm continues unabated and Jethro is shaken a little by the intensity, shaken but exultant.

No pain, no fear, no anger or exhaustion or aching solitude; life is an exquisite blur of pulsating neurons, firing wave after wave of sheer delight; the rest of the world freezes into quiet darkness and there is only Jethro, and Abby, two bodies merged into one, two souls learning to merge.

For a time they are silent, holding each other as their hearts calm from their galloping and the sweat cools on their bodies. Jethro strokes his hand lightly along Abby’s body, tracing the lines of her various tattoos, softly kissing her lips, swollen and deeply red from their mutual passion.

“Did we do all right on that assignment?” she asks him with a sweetly mischievous smile on her face.

“Oh, I think so!” Jethro pulls her to him, catching her mouth with his own again. He could kiss this woman for hours on end every day for the rest of his life and be a happy, happy man. When they part they’re both breathless again.