- Text Size +
As they were driving along Tony got a chance to get a good look at the "extras" the crime lab hummers were equipped with. He saw the computers fingerprint analysis equipment, basically a mini crime lab on wheels. He was very impressed. NCIS didn't have anything nearly as nice as this. The NCIS truck was useful but this was cool.

The trip to the lab made mostly in silence, other than Tony's quick comment, "Hey Ry, cool toys."

Ryan muttered something under his breath in response and Eric smirked to himself civilians! Upon arrival at the lab Eric went inside while Tony and Ryan transferred Tony's bags to Ryan's car.

Walking into the lab Ryan decided the time had come to try and reign in his cousin, lay down some ground rules.

"Tony, I don't care how you react to Kate. How you are at NCIS is no one's business but yours and Gibbs… But please try and act a little more mature here."

Tony grinned like a little boy and out on his most innocent expression. "I have no idea what you mean."

They had entered the building stopped at the reception desk where Ryan was arranging Tony's visitor's pass. Eric who had been walking past the desk stopped as he heard more of the strange interaction between the two men. He could honestly say H sending him with Wolfe had not been boring.

Ryan gave Tony a considering look He guessed he would have to be blunt. He sighed. Ryan should have known better blunt was always best when dealing with Tony.

"You are really going to make me say it aren't you?" He gave his cousin a considering glance. "OK, No "adjusting" yourself in front of my female coworkers. No talking about your conquests. I don't want to hear about your dating a coed."

Tony cut him off laughing, "So I guess you do talk to Abs a lot then. Hmmm gonna have to curtail that, don't want to give away all of my secrets… So Kate told her about the time the "Boys" needed a little space to breathe while out in the field huh."

Ryan just rolled his eyes and said, "Like you could stop Abby and I from talking …even if you wanted to."

"Runt, I could just sic Mary on you." Tony said with a teasing look in his green eyes.

Ryan shook his head and smiled at his cousin. "She wouldn't do anything to me. She loves me." He said with a huge smile on his face.

Tony sighed, ducked his head, cocked it, and smiled sheepishly at his cousin. "She would at that."

Eric shook his head. He had been watching the cousins way too long. It was time for Ryan to go back to work, so he interrupted their playful banter. "Wolfe, come on we gotta review the case over in layout."

Ryan turned his attention to Eric."Delko, I was in the middle of processing…"

Eric cut him off, "Cal finished it when we went to get your cousin from the airport. Let's go."

Eric and Ryan set off to the layout room. Tony shrugged his shoulders and followed the two men. He sat quietly in the corner as they set up the photographs that they were reviewing. Tony was not really paying attention.

Eric had noticed Ryan's cousin following them. He smirked evilly to himself, the photographs they were reviewing were rather graphic. The murder investigation, a very bloody one. Eric knew Tony would be turning green any minute now. He could never understand why civilians thought they could handle police work.

Tony for his part, had not really been paying attention to the crime scene photos. He saw enough of that at work, and even though Mary had made him come to Florida, this was still his vacation. He did not want to be reminded of work. Hopefully this would be the only day he came with Ryan to his job.

Instead of paying attention to his cousin's work, he let his mind wander, thinking of all he had to accomplish with Ryan this trip. First thing he needed to go visit the cemetery. Next, he had to explain to Ryan what had really happened to Tim. Finally, he had to impress upon Ryan the need to visit Mary. Tony knew if Ryan did not see Mary soon voluntarily she would make the decision for him and come visit Miami.

As Tony was lost in his thoughts, Ryan and Eric had the crime scene photos completely laid out on the table and were discussing the case. Actually, they were arguing about the placement of the victim. This brought Tony out of his reverie. He glanced up and looked at the photos paling when he noticed the marks on the body.

Even though Eric had been arguing with Ryan he had still kept a furtive watch on their visitor. He noticed almost immediately when the other man first realized what Ryan's job entailed. Typical civilian.

Ryan noticed Eric staring at Tony. He looked over towards his cousin and sought his pallor. He knew that it was not the gore in the photos that caused his cousin to pale. Ryan approached Tony but before he could say anything his cousin asked for his car keys and said he would be back in a little while.

Tony left the two men there, one positive that Tony could not handle the crime scene photos, the other concerned for his cousin and wondering what about those photos had his cousin leaving so abruptly. He shook his head and went back to arguing the case with Delko. If Tony wanted to talk to him, he would eventually. Ryan was not going to worry about it.

Delko could not believe Ryan's actions. This was his cousin, the man got really upset, and it was like Ryan did even notice. "Yo man, that was cold."

Ryan looked up from the picture he was contemplating. "Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Your cousin he seemed spooked."

"Tony? Nah he's fine." Ryan lifted a few photos and shifted them around.

Eric stared at his coworker. He couldn't believe that Ryan was so callous. Eric shook his head and went back to his work.