- Text Size +
Tony returned to the crime lab and waited by the reception desk for Ryan whom he had called as he was pulling into the parking garage. Mentally making lists of things and prioritizing tasks in his head. First a computer connection while he asked Ryan to get his boss and gather the team.

While he waited he realized he had NOTHING with him. He had left everything but his NCIS badge and ID at home. His gun, his pack with all his supplies, even his knife and if Gibbs caught him without that again, he didn't even want to think of it. Then there was his wardrobe. What he was currently wearing was the closest thing to semi professional that he had brought with him. The rest were casual clothes mostly shorts and swim suits along with some clubbing stuff. He had to call Abs and have someone go by his apartment and get his stuff. He pulled out his phone to make his call.

"Abby ? I just realized that I don't have."

Abby finished for him. "Your pack, gun and any clothes you may need?"

"Yeah and my knife too. Is there anyway you could go to my place and get it to send with McGee for me?"

"Already done. I sent McGee to your place As soon as I knew the team was going. Told bossman that he was going to get me a cafe-pow. I'll call and make sure he has your knife."
Ryan had walked up during the exchange Tony held a finger up for him to wait as he quickly finished the phone call. "Thanks Ab you a goddess among women! He should have seen the knife it was near my gun. Any word on flight info yet?" At her negative reply he closed the conversation. "OK call me when you know. Bye"

Tony closed his phone and turned to face Ryan. "I need a computer and we need to talk... You might want to get your boss for this. Maybe even your whole team."

Ryan looked at Tony a confused expression on his face. "What's wrong? What's going on? Delko said that you looked weird in layout; he gave me grief over it. I know that what was there is nothing compared to some of the stuff you have told me about.. I remember that case in Baltimore the one with the dismembered bodies." Ryan trailed off suddenly the pieces all fell into place. "This case...I knew it seemed familiar but I couldn't place it. You're the reason it seems familiar. You TOLD me about it! This is that case you were working just before Ezra got shot! The one in Philly with the..." Ryan trailed off again stopping himself from actually saying the words. A multi state serial killer had set up in Miami He needed to get the team together quickly.

Tony sighed and rubbed his eyes. "Yeah I had Abby scan my personal file about it so she could email it to me that's why I need a computer." Tony looked at Ryan, "It gets better." Ryan gave Tony a quizzical look.

"After the Philly case, either while I was out of work when Ez was recuperating, or after I started with Baltimore, The killer went after a bunch of naval personnel. It was Gibbs case. He'll be here in a few hours."

Ryan looked at Tony with something akin to horror. Horatio's style when chasing a suspect was intense but mellow compared to the few times he had seen Gibbs in action, or heard about the impossible deadlines given to his subordinates from his discussions with Abby and Tony. Combine that with the way most of his coworkers treated him and Tony's male chauvinist act... well Ryan could feel the headache coming on already and the urge to start scrubbing the lab's floors was starting, something that never happened before.

Tony saw the flash of panic on his cousin's face. "Don't worry Runt, I'll make sure that Gibbs splits us up so one NCIS agent gets assigned to one CSI. I'll do my best to make sure you get me or probie." Tony grinned at Ryan trying to humor him out of his near panic attack. Although pairing Ryan with Kate would be great for a laugh, he would have to live with the consequences for years afterward. Ryan could be sneaky when he felt you owed him a payback.

Ryan sighed his day was about to get a whole lot longer. He rubbed his face and told Tony, "Here use the computer is the trace lab. I'll go and get the others. I guess the layout room would be the best place to have this discussion."

Ryan set Tony up on the computer and set out to find his boss and the rest of the team. He wondered if they would need Alexx too but he figured Horatio could decide if she would need to know what was going on. Next time Tony called him and told him he was coming for a visit Ryan was gonna tell him to stay home!