[Reviews - 14] Printer
Summary: "Gibbs had been waiting for a dead body to turn up, and it seemed one just had - only not the way he'd expected. This was one of those bodies that had been hidden for seventeen years, and those kinds of corpses always stank to high heaven when they finally rose to the surface."
Rated: NC-17
Categories: Gibbs/DiNozzo Characters: Leroy Jethro Gibbs, Anthony DiNozzo
Genre: Angst, Character study, Drama, First Time, Hurt/Comfort, Romance
Pairing: Gibbs/DiNozzo
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 48534 Read: 30114
Published: 11/25/2008 Updated: 11/25/2008
Story Notes:
Timeline and canon: In this story I’ve based Tony’s age being 36 in 2008 on the fact that it’s explicitly stated by both him and Kate that he’s 32 in the episode “Split Decision” which aired in 2004, and he mentions playing college basketball in 1992 in “Swak” which ties in with this dating. Other canon facts are not entirely consistent on this subject (surprise!) but that’s what I’ve used for this story.
I found Gibbs’s timeline and canon inconsistent and confusing so I’ve put my own spin on it here " trying to stay as accurate a possible while steering a middle path. If this bothers you, then you might want to consider it an AU.

Thanks to Bluespirit for being so supportive, encouraging and all-round fabulous; also, and very importantly, for beta-reading and for the stunningly beautiful graphic. Thanks also to Rachelle, for helping out with the US beta and the many cool details. Any mistakes are, of course, mine.

1. Andy by Xanthe [Reviews - 14] (48534 words)
"Gibbs had been waiting for a dead body to turn up, and it seemed one just had - only not the way he'd expected. This was one of those bodies that had been hidden for seventeen years, and those kinds of corpses always stank to high heaven when they finally rose to the surface."