- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Some of you may be wondering what this story has to do with Alice in Wonderland. Well in the cartoon disney version when Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum are singing the "How do you do, and shake hands song," there are like 7 verses or something like that. They don't sing them all but my mother has a disney song book for piano and it has all the verses in there. I ran across it one night when I was thinking about what I could do for an NCIS fanfic and decided it was perfect for Tony. I hope you enjoy this chapter and I will hopefully have the others up soon.
Chapter 1

Anthony Dinozzo was in in Second Grade the first time it happened. His friend Chloe had stolen his bouncy ball and he was chasing her around the playground trying to get it back.

She was a blonde haired, blue-eyed little girl with her hair in pigtails that bounced when she ran. She turned around holding the bouncy ball out and taunting him. “Come on Tony!”

Tony stopped to catch his breath for only a moment then he continued running after her. He found her sitting on a swing waiting for him. “Can I have my ball back?”

“Maybe.” She smiled her coy little smile.

In that moment, Tony had a strange thought, which he quickly shook off. “Can I have it back if I push you?” he gestured to the swing.

“Sure.” She answered nodding.

Instead of pushing her from behind, Tony grabbed the chains and pulled them forward. Then he released them.

Chloe giggle and glanced around the playground. Again, he had a funny thought but pushed it from his mind.

“Here you go.” Chloe tossed the ball into his hands and continued swinging on her own, forcing him to step back.

He turned and waved over his shoulder as he headed towards the school. He began throwing the ball against the wall and a few more boys joined him. After about ten more minutes, the bell rang, ending recess.

He ran inside the building and sat down at his desk, shoving the bouncy ball into his pocket.

The rest of the day he was restless, his mind fixated on Chloe’s hair, face, eyes, and lips. He didn’t know why and it was beginning to frustrate him. He kept stealing peeks at her across the classroom and noticed she kept looking at him and smiling. Then she’d look away and go back to her work when she noticed he was noticing her.

When the bell rang for the day to end Tony lagged behind everyone else. He walked over to the coat rack and grabbed his little black jacket, and started to put it on. As he turned around to look at the classroom, he noticed Chloe was still there. She was coming over to the coat rack as well and so he grabbed her coat for her. “Here you go.” He said, handing it to her. It was light pink and looked good on her.


“Thanks Tony.” She looked around the classroom and then back at him. Their teacher was in the hall speaking with one of the parents.

Tony couldn’t help feeling nervous but he didn’t know why. Suddenly he had that funny thought, only this time it urged him on.

He looked at Chloe again and then pressed his lips up against hers, closing his eyes. It was over in three seconds and Chloe had pulled back.

He found she was glaring at him. “What?” He asked.

Chloe looked over at the doorway where the teacher and Chloe’s mother were both standing with their mouths hanging open.

“Chloe!” Her mother was shocked.

“It wasn’t me, it was him!” She yelled a bit hysterically, while pointing at Tony.

Tony started fidgeting nervously. He didn’t know what to do, so he did what his mother made him do when he met someone new. He stretched out his hand and said, “how do you do, Ma’am?” TThen when all he got in response was a glare, he dropped his hand and gave her a smile women would go mad for in years to come.