- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Love is a powerful thing. It can unite kingdoms, quell anger, create smiles, flourish hope, spur war, insight murder, create tears, and destroy men.
Chapter Seven

“The Vengeance Of Wolves”

“We have doomed the Wolf not for what it is, but for what we have deliberately and mistakenly perceived it to be.. the mythologized epitome of a savage, ruthless killer.. which is, in reality no more than a reflexed image of ourselves." ~ Farely Mowat


He was deep in thought as drove home. He had had Ziva call her contacts in Mexico to begin sitting up the trap. He had also managed to get in touch with Franks, and while he was still recovering from being shot, he had assured Tony that a couple of bullet wounds did not affect his ability to get in contact with a few people, thank you very much. The man was frighteningly like Gibbs in that he did not take kindly to someone doubting his strength. Tony was pretty sure that if they had been having the conversation face to face, Franks would have tried to shoot him on principle alone.

Shaking his head, he put Franks to the side to deal with later. He was more concerned what Gibbs would do when he found out that he had called several of his contacts in the Navy as well as a few NCIS agents working Special Ops on his behalf in order to lay the finishing touches on his net. He hoped that Gibbs wouldn’t be too upset that he had told these people what had happened in order to insure their aid, but he was pretty sure that he was hoping in vain.

As he pulled up in front of Gibbs’s house and turned off the engine, he took a moment to reign his wolf in. It would not do to enter an enclosed space containing two other wolves and his mate for all that they were a submissive and Omega wolf. It was best not borrow trouble, and with the hunt for the murderous bitch becoming more intense, it was growing harder and harder to keep his wolf under control while it prowled inside him anxious to chase, to feed, to hunt…to destroy.

Walking up to the house, he could clearly hear signs of his lover’s frustration and anger as well as Anna’s amusement.

“You might as well give up. It’s almost 10 o’clock. Even if you do escape, they will probably be heading home.” Anna’s laughter laced voice floated through the door.

“Like hell, woman! There is no way any of them would go home when the case involves one of our own. Just goes to show how little you know.” The sneer was clearly visible in Gibbs’s voice. “Now, let me go and stop getting in my way.”

Anna laughed, “You can glare at me all you want. You’re still not getting out of this house. And you shouldn’t struggle so much. Even if you do get loose, I’ll just rebind you. A pointless exercise.” Tony shook his head at that. Apparently, Anna had grown weary of hunting Gibbs down and opted to simply tie him up.

Gibbs was muttering dark curses under his breath when Anna spoke again, “Relax, your knight in shining armor is here.”

Tony sighed and moved to open the door as he heard Gibbs’s baffled response, “What are you tal…”

Tony walked in and moved into the living room where Gibbs was tied to a chair with an excessive amount of rope while Anna lounged on couch with Greiven sitting meekly beside her.

Tony managed a “Hey, mi amor.” Before busting out laughing at the sight before him, which only served to infuriate Gibbs further.

“Don’t you ‘hey’ me! And shut the hell up!” Gibbs roared. “You let me out of these ropes right now, damn it, and while your at it, make your little hellion go away.”

Tony snorted at the term ‘hellion’ before managing to get himself under a semblance of control. Turning to Anna and Greiven, he asked, “Would guys mind going out and taking a walk for a little while?”

Anna smiled up at him, clearly still as amused by the situation as he was. “Sure. How long do you want us gone?”

Tony smiled back appreciatively at her. “Maybe half an hour tops. Just take your time.”

Anna nodded before gracefully rising from the couch. She tapped Greiven on the shoulder. “Come on. Let’s give the love birds some time to work things out in private.” Tony shook his head. That was Anna, the declarer of obvious things meant to be left unsaid.

Gibbs was glaring at Anna as she and Greiven made to leave. “Don’t call me a love bird.” He growled.

Anna just raised her hand in farewell before saying, with some amusement, “Sure thing…Love bird.”

Gibbs glared at her retreating form. His body langue making it clear that if he was not tied up, he would be busy tackling her. Tony did his best to hide his amusement, and when he heard the door close, he moved over to Gibbs to begin untying him.

“Never, ever leave me alone with her again.” Gibbs demanded, rage making his voice turn deep and gravely.

Tony just looked up into his lover’s rage colored face and smiled, “I can’t promise that, mi amor. I need you to stay away from the office right now. You know the rules about investigating a case with personal connections.”

“Don’t give me that shit, Tony.” Gibbs growled as he began trying to liberate his right arm having just had his left freed.

Tony sighed, stopped what he was doing, and reached up to cup Gibbs’s face in his hands. It was a gesture that managed to defeat all the rage that had been swirling and kindling within him since the moment Tony had left that morning.

Startled by the power of Tony’s gentle touch, Gibbs focused all his attention on Tony, and left his bonds alone. “I know you still aren’t sure how you feel about me, but I need you to trust me. She is not going to get away with this.” Tony shook his head, stopping Gibbs when he would have spoken. “I think you already know that the pain won’t lessen or diminish even if you are the one to catch her. Please, Jethro. I’m begging you to trust me.” Tony leaned forward and placed his forehead gently against Gibbs’s without relinquishing his hold on his lover’s face.

Gibbs clenched his eyes shut as powerful emotions threatened to overwhelm him. “I do trust you, Tony. I do. I swear it. I just…” He grounded his teeth together and huffed out a breath. “I feel so…so…helpless. I want to do something, anything. I need to do something.” Tony pulled back, so he could look his lover in the eye. “It’s torture just staying here and doing nothing.”

“I know.” Tony’s eyes darkened with old memories before lightening once more as grim memories were dragged beneath the surface of his mind. “Believe me, mi amor, I do understand.” He smiled weakly at Gibbs. “But I need you to find something else to do.” Tony quickly continued before Gibbs could interrupt him. “I brought some cold cases home with me. Work on those, just for a little while.” Tony’s green eyes sharpened, and he looked forcefully into Gibbs’s eyes. “I will end this soon. Try to be patient. Please, mi amor… for me.”

Gibbs looked into Tony’s eyes and could not deny the truth he saw within. “Alright.” He nodded in agreement. “I’ll try although I can’t promise that I’ll be exactly pleasant to live with.”

Tony smiled, “I think I can manage it.” Leaning down, he took Gibbs’s mouth in his own. Although Gibbs was somewhat surprised by the action, he readily opened his mouth and surrendered to Tony as he was plundered with a gentleness that had him trembling.

Reaching up, Gibbs buried his hands into the coat that Tony had yet to take off. A soft moan escaped him as one of Tony’s hands moved to the back of his head to deepen the kiss while the other roamed down his back in soft tantalizing circular strokes.

He didn’t even register that he was free of the ropes Anna had tied him with until Tony had scooped him up off the chair to hold him in a tight embrace.

Gibbs gasped, breaking the kiss, as Tony pressed his leg between Gibbs’s own. Panting, he looked up at Tony, who was smiling slyly. “How…How did I get free?” He gasped.

Tony cocked his head to the side in that very wolfish manner, and answered. “Magic. My magic to be specific. Don’t tell me you preferred the bonds.” Tony grinned as Gibbs blushed a deep red color.

“That’s not it. I was only curi…” Gibbs gasped out a breath as Tony gripped and roughly squeezed his backside. He tightened his grip on Tony’s coat to keep from falling due to weakened knees before raising his head and looking up into Tony’s face, which caused him to pant all the more.

“If you’re thinking about something, then I must not be doing this right.” Tony roughly pulled Gibbs against his body while making sure his leg pressed all the harder against Gibbs, causing his startled lover to cry out. Swallowing Gibbs’s cry, he began to kiss him anew, and when he was sure Gibbs was completely absorbed by the kiss, he moved his hand stealthily down and within Gibbs’s pants to thrust his finger deep inside him.

Gibbs was lost within the kiss. He thought he would never be able to understand how Tony, a man, could have him gasping and moaning while feeling things he had never felt before. He knew that all of his wives combined could not accomplish what Tony was having no trouble doing. Even with Shannon, it hadn’t been like this.

Although he was slowly drowning in the passionate plundering of his mouth, he was still vaguely aware of Tony’s leg grinding against him, causing him to, at times, gasp and moan into his lover’s mouth. However, he was completely taken by surprise when he felt Tony thrust into him. Breaking the kiss and crying out, he buried his head into Tony’s jacket as he struggled not to come then and there. Gasping and panting harshly, he moaned in protest when Tony gripped his chin with his free hand and forced Gibbs to once more surrender access to his mouth.

“Wait…” Gibbs panted into Tony’s mouth. “Wait…I’m…close to…” Gibbs cried out again as Tony placed another finger within him while stroking his sweet spot at the same time. Gibbs knew the only thing keeping him on his feet was Tony as he began to see stars fluttering into his vision.

“Shhhh…” Tony crooned, his voice filtering through the haze that was slowly beginning to consume Gibbs. He belatedly realized that he had yet to come, and wonder if there was something wrong with him until Tony’s voice registered once more. “Relax. You won’t come until I let you.”

Forcing himself into a semi-conscious state of mind, he managed to gasp out, “Wha…What do…” Before he could finish his question; however, Tony had him crying out even louder than before as another finger joined the intrusion of the others, all while that certain spot within him was being gently messaged. Whimpering, he tightened his hold on his lover’s jacket to something beyond that of a death grip.

He heard Tony chuckle softly before saying, “I can use our mate bond to prolong your pleasure.” Gibbs didn’t know whether to be delighted at that or horrified. “I love seeing you like this. Without any control. Completely mine.”

Tony’s words had him shuddering uncontrollably, which caused him to feel the movement all the more within him, which had him gasping and trembling in turn.

Gibbs felt the caress of wind on his skin and had a moment to wonder how that was possible before he was shoved back onto his bed…completely naked. When the hell had that happened?

Tony laughed at his shocked and confused face before saying, “Magic, mi amor. It comes in handy every now and then.”

“Seems like an abuse of power if you ask me.” Gibbs grumbled before sitting up and gasping from Tony’s touch as he stroked Gibbs’s entrance.

“Lay back, mi amor. I want to try something.” Unable to deny him, Gibbs laid back on the bed. Only to gasp and bury his hands within the sheets when felt something…something that was not Tony enter him.

“What are you doing?” He managed to breathe. He had a second to see Tony’s sly smile before his mouth was once again being ravished.

He nearly screamed in pleasure and shock as his body bucked in reaction when he felt the sudden vibrations within him. Gasping, he looked up in shock at Tony.

Tony grinned, “Relax and enjoy it, mi amor.”

There was little else he could do as he no longer seemed to be able to speak. He gasped and cried out as Tony explored his body with mouth and hands, leaving Gibbs’s more sensitive areas to whatever he had placed within him.

While lavishing Gibbs nipples in a way that had him twisting and trembling on the bed beneath him, Tony reached between his legs and sharply twisted something, which made the vibrations grow even more intense within him, causing Gibbs to cry out and arc back, thrusting his head deep within the pillows as he tried to deal with the increase of stimulation.

“No…mo…re” Gibbs huffed out. “Ju…st…yo…u….Damn…Try’n…to kill…me…?” Gibbs breathed, barely even making sense, but he knew Tony understood him because he nodded, and a moment later the vibrations stopped.

Tony lifted a hand to stroke his face gently before placing a chaste kiss on his lips, which was oddly inmate. “I love you.” He whispered, and then Tony was filling him while Gibbs clung to his strong back and cried out his lover’s name in relief as that final blissful release shuddered through him.

Gibbs woke to a warm body and fingers brushing tenderly through his hair. He sighed in contentment when he realized that his head was laying on Tony’s chest and the soft rhythm that was playing in his ear was his lover’s heart. He sighed again when he felt Tony’s lips brush the top of his head.

“Good morning, mi amor. Did you sleep well?” Gibbs looked up into his lover’s face and noticed the faint light of dawn streaming through the windows.

Frowning Gibbs asked, “Sleep? How is it dawn already? I don’t remember falling asleep.”

Tony grinned smugly at him. “Probably because you didn’t fall asleep. You passed out right after we finished.”

Gibbs blushed, but shook his head and said, “I still don’t see how it could be dawn. I’ve never slept through the night before.”

Tony smiled sadly at him. “I know, mi amor, but I hope to amend that. I’m glad you slept so well for a change, and in your own bed instead of on that damn boat of yours.” Tony once more leaned down to brush his lips over Gibbs’s forehead.

Gibbs didn’t say anything, but instead wrapped his arms tightly around Tony and buried his face in his chest. After a long few minutes, he decided to voice the questions that were once again echoing in his mind. “Tony?”

“Yes, mi amor?” He sounded resigned as if he knew what was coming.

“We need to talk. I need you to answer some questions for me.”

Tony’s hand began to softly stroke his back in a gesture that was probably meant to comfort both of them. “You may ask me anything, mi amor. I will never lie to you, and while I may ask you if you can wait for an answer, I will never hide anything from you. What do you want to know first?”

Gibbs was momentarily shocked and touched by Tony’s declaration, but quickly recovered. “Alright. First question, why is it none of the other wolves I have met seem to have magic like you do?”

Tony smiled. “Trying to start small, huh? Okay then. Well let’s see, I guess it’s because I wasn’t human when I was changed.”

There was a moment of silence before Gibbs sat up quickly to stare at Tony in shock. “What? What the hell does that mean? If you weren’t human, what the hell were you?”

Tony flinched visibly, and Gibbs couldn’t help but feel a little a guilty due to his reaction; however, he didn’t get a chance to apologize, for Tony continued and said, “There is no word for what I am anymore. My people are long dead. Some would try and call me a sorcerer, but now that means someone who is possessed by a demon, and I am not.” Tony took a moment to try and smile at Gibbs, and only partially succeeded. “Others would try to name me a witch, but they are not immortal, and I was born so. Some have even tried to insist that I am a fae, but that hardly even comes close to the truth.” Tony paused and his eyes took on a far way look. “I met a woman once who came close to the truth when she proclaimed I was a descendent of the old Elvin race.” He smiled, genuinely this time, and said, “Yes, I know what you are thinking, and no I am not and was never an ‘Elf Lord,’ and if you ever call me that, I will make it so you can’t speak for a week.” Tony shook his head. “No don’t look at me like that, and I mean what I say. I’ll make a spell just for you.” Tony chuckled a little when he saw the smirk that had appeared on Gibbs’s face slide off before saying in a more serious tone, “But no, really, I suppose the best description of what I am is the word ‘guardian.’”

Gibbs cocked his head in imitation of Tony, and asked, “What do you mean, and how can your people be dead if you were born an immortal?”

Tony raised an eyebrow. “Are you sure you want to know? It’s a long tale, and I’m not sure I have the time to tell it all before I have to leave for work.”

Gibbs frowned at the mention of work before shaking his head. “I guess not now, but perhaps tonight?” When Tony nodded in answer, he continued. “But what I would like to know now is who or what I seemingly need protection from because I know that Anna and you were not talking about Reynosa yesterday.”

Tony sighed and rubbed his eyes, but before Gibbs could question him again, he began to speak, “I have lived a very long time.” Tony cocked a crooked smile. “I know you’re probably tired of hearing that, but my long life is the cause of so much.” Tony shook his head as if shaking off too many memories like a dog shakes off water. “A long time ago, I’m not sure how long ago, I met a man in the midst of a war.” He shook his head as Gibbs opened his mouth. “No, I don’t know which war it was. I have been in too many. They all surge together.” Tony shrugged his shoulders in a careless gesture that belied his feelings. “One war or a hundred, they all look the same in the end.” He flapped a hand in a dismissive gesture. “The point is that we met in war. He was a werewolf not so different from me. We ended up growing close. We would even often refer to each other as brothers. I don’t think I need to tell you the bonds war can form between men.” As Gibbs shook his head in agreement, Tony raised his own head to gaze at the ceiling, his hands never ceasing their exploration of Gibbs’s back. “But shit happens. He was captured by the enemy while I managed to escape. They were very interested as to why they couldn’t seem to kill him, and back then the methods were rather crude in their attempt to find out why. Eventually, they pushed him too far, and he lost it. He killed them all and escaped.” Tony paused, and Gibbs could see a look of pain flash over his face. “I searched for him. Gods, I looked everywhere for him, but I couldn’t…” Tony shook his head. “He must have been their prisoner for at least a year. What they put him through caused him to go mad, and when he escaped and found me, he made it clear that he would never forgive me for what happened to him.”

Gibbs startled and raised an eyebrow. “Forgive you? But it wasn’t your fault, and you searched for him.”

Tony smiled humorlessly. “But it was my fault.” Gibbs opened his mouth to protest, but Tony cut him off. “No. You can’t tell me you would feel any differently if our situations were reversed. I failed him. When he found me after he escaped, I knew he was insane. I knew he was no longer the man I knew, but I…” Tony sighed in dismay and frustration, and threw his head back to once more gaze at ceiling. “I should of killed him then and there. I knew the dangers of a mad wolf, but I couldn’t bring myself to do it. Despite everything, he was still my brother...” Tony trailed off, lost in the thoughts of a time long ago.

After a few minutes went by in silence, Gibbs broke it and asked softly, “What happened after that?”

Tony stirred from his thought and looked at Gibbs. “He became my shadow. He swore he would torture me as he had been. For centuries he chased me, and no matter where I would flee to he would find me, eventually.”

Gibbs stared at him in disbelief. “And you just let him? You let him haunt you like that?”

Tony smiled sorrowfully. “Many wolves, especially the old ones, believe that forming bonds makes us weak and vulnerable.” Tony shrugged. “Perhaps they are right because I simply couldn’t bring myself to kill him until…”

“Until?” Gibbs prodded.

“Until he murdered the woman I loved.”

Gibbs stared, horrorstruck, at Tony. “After that day…After I was forced to burry her, to hold her broken body in my arms,” Tony bit out the words in rage filled voice, which quickly changed to sorrow. “I swore I would kill him if only to prevent the tragedy from happening again.” A grim, predatorily smile graced Tony’s lips. “I think he was shocked when I found him soon after and nearly ripped him to pieces, but he managed to escape me. Ever since then, we’ve been playing a deadly game of tag. I’m guessing he’s resurfacing now because he somehow found out about you.” Gibbs raised an eyebrow. “I have no doubt that he will try and kill you, so that’s why you have wolves guarding and protecting you while I’m not here.”

“I can protect myself, Tony.” Gibbs ventured.

“NO!” Tony nearly yelled the word, causing Gibbs to jump despite himself. “You cannot defend yourself against this man, Jethro. He is nigh on two thousand years old, and powerful in his own right. When we fight, it damn near takes all that I am to win, to come out alive.” Tony sat up and gripped Gibbs’s face firmly but gently in his hands. “Promise me. Promise me you will let Anna, me, and the other wolves protect you.”

“Tony, I…”

Tony gave Gibbs a small firm shake. “Promise me! I think it would break me to lose you. I cannot, I will not lose another mate to him. Promise me, Jethro.”

“I promise, Tony.” Gibbs vowed softly.

Tony looked him in the eyes for a moment to gauge his sincerity before nodding with satisfaction at what he saw. “Good.” He pressed a gentle kiss to his lovers lips. “I love you, Jethro. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

Gibbs smiled at Tony, which rapidly turned into a rather grumpy frown when Tony said, “Now, I guess I should get ready for work. Work on some cold cases today. I know you hate them, but” Tony grinned. “they should keep you from getting tied up again.”

“That is not amusing Tony.” Gibbs growled.

Tony had gotten out of the bed and was about to head into the bathroom for a shower when Gibbs’s words had him turning and ruffling his lover’s hair playfully. “Yes, it is.” Tony laughed and disappeared into the bathroom before Gibbs could slap him upside the head.

Gibbs waited until Tony closed the bathroom door before he let a genuinely happy smile play over his face. He lay back on the bed in contentment. How long had it been since he felt like this? His body was sated and his mind was…Thoughts swirled within him. He never would have thought that Tony had felt a pain of loss similar to his own. Only, unlike himself, he had yet to achieve his revenge. Gibbs shook his head. No, that was wrong. Tony wasn’t like him. Maybe he had been seeking vengeance in the beginning, but Gibbs didn’t think that was what was driving Tony anymore. Tony seemed more driven by the need to protect others from his deranged one time comrade than to kill him for revenge’s sake.

Protect others? Protect him…It was a novel experience to be protected, and Gibbs couldn’t say that he hated it. In fact, it warmed him to know that Tony was watching over him. Gibbs took a moment to wonder at that. He had never felt this way before, safe...needing to feel safe. This was the second time they had made love, and he couldn’t call it anything but that. The word ‘sex’ didn’t fit the passion and emotions that were apart of what they did. Gibbs snorted. Hell, he had let Tony have the top both times now, and it had felt so good that he wasn’t sure he wanted to have the top anymore. He belatedly realized that he couldn’t imagine doing it with someone else after this. He knew it wouldn’t be the same. Making love with Tony was like flying, filled with moments that took his breath away mixed with moments of simple marvel. Gibbs paled and suddenly sat up. He loved him. He loved Tony, and the thought terrified him because he realized the love he had for Tony was as great, if not somewhat different, as the love he had had for Shannon.

Gibbs forced himself to breathe. Tony was immortal and a werewolf to boot, not to mention something else that could be just as powerful and make him that much harder to kill. Gibbs’s breath hitched as remembered Tony telling him that he would die without obtaining a mate, and in the conversation they had just had Tony told him that when he fought against his one time friend, there were times that he just barely made it out alive. Gibbs clenched his fists together and rubbed them roughly over his face. Tony could die. No. No. NO! What if he lost him? No…He could not go through that again. He could not risk loving Tony, and yet…Tony proclaimed love to him as easily as taking a breath. Who knew how much, how many loved ones Tony lost over the years, and still he was willing to chance loving him, Leroy Jethro Gibbs, a human, who could die so much more easily than him. What then did that say about him? Gibbs had only lost Shannon and Kelly, but Tony…Tony had probably lost so many more…

Gibbs clenched his eyes shut and gripped his knees, curling into a protective ball while he tried to reign in his emotions. Should he tell Tony about his feelings? No. He could not, not yet anyway. Gibbs forced himself to relax and stretched out on the bed, so Tony wouldn’t worry when he came out from the bathroom; however, it did little good.

When Tony walked out of the bathroom, he was fully dressed and ready for work although his hair was still a little wet from the shower. He took one look at Gibbs’s forced relaxed posture and sighed.

“It’s no good, mi amor. I can sense your emotions, remember?” Tony smiled apologetically.

Gibbs visibly paled and sat up once more, foregoing his act. “Don’t worry. I wasn’t reading your thoughts. I simply felt your emotions.”

“Tony, I…” Gibbs tried to explain, but he could find the words. Hell, he wasn’t sure the words even existed.

Tony shook his head. “Don’t.” He said as he reached down to place a hand softly on Gibbs’s cheek. “You don’t have to explain yourself to me. Just know that I’m here for you.”

Overcome by Tony’s words, Gibbs choked out, “How can you love me knowing I will die one day while you live on? How can you…”

Surprised by Gibbs’s words, Tony quickly sat down on the bed and took his lover into his arms, squeezing him gently. “Shhhhh…” He crooned, and Gibbs realized with horror that he was now crying silently into Tony’s shirt. How many times did that make? He was a Marine, damn it! Not some child who cried at every damn thing.

Gibbs felt lips press tenderly to his head. “Jertho, it was never a choice, loving you. I simply do, and I am old enough, and would like to think wise enough, to know better than to try and deny it. That heart wants what the heart wants, mi amor.”

Gibbs bit the inside of his mouth as he worked up the guts to say what he knew he needed to. “Tony, I…I…Damn it!” He jerked roughly back, forcing Tony to loosen his hold, which allowed Gibbs to look his lover in the eye. “I love you.” He declared, throwing the words out of his mouth as fast as he could as if he were afraid that they would be sucked back in.

Tony smiled and moved his hand up to Gibbs’s face before leaning down to steal a breath taking kiss. “I love you too, Jethro.”

Tony leaned back and caressed his mate’s face before saying, “Why don’t you get a shower, and then come down and get something to eat.” Tony grinned. “Anna must of made the coffee already. I can smell your coffee from here.”

Gibbs raised disbelieving eyebrows. “Really? I can’t smell anything.”

Tony smiled slyly. “You wouldn’t. Werewolves have enhanced smell and hearing. I could’ve sworn I told you all this before.”

“Perhaps you were distracting me at the time?” Gibbs smiled softly before suddenly growing pale as the smile sidle off his face. “Wait a minute. Can you hear them down stairs?”

Tony struggled to conceal the grin that wanted to spread across his face. He knew his mate was beginning to put two and two together, and what his reaction would be upon figuring out what it equaled. “Well, yeah.” He said innocently. “That’s the thing with being a werewolf. I hear them as clearly as if I was down in the kitchen.”

If it were possible, then Gibbs grew even paler. “But then…then…” Gibbs stammered uncharacteristically; he was not at all pleased with the conclusion that he had reached. “That means that they heard everything last night and this morning…Oh…SHIT!” Gibbs cursed passionately, and Tony couldn’t help it anymore as he began to grin like a con artist celebrating the millions he just stole. It wasn’t often Tony could see the mixture of horror and extreme embarrassment tinged with a little anger on Gibbs’s face. In fact, he was pretty sure he had never seen such a play of emotions on Gibbs’s countenance before. He wished he had a camera.

Gibbs glared up at him before standing and getting in Tony’s face. “Why the HELL didn’t you tell me? I’m not shy, but I sure as hell didn’t want to put on a show for people I barely know!”

Tony calmly raised an intrigued eyebrow; he was still enjoying Gibbs reaction too much to just come out with the truth. “Does that mean you would be fine with an audience you did know? Didn’t know you had a kinky side, Boss.” Tony drawled.

Gibbs turned a deep shade of red in rage. “DINOZZO!” He roared.

Tony sensed the punch Gibbs loosed at him and caught it, grinning. “Calm down, mi amor.”

“I will NOT calm down!” Gibbs was one of the few people who could make the words ‘calm down’ into a curse. As it was, Tony was forced to catch another punch from Gibbs. Although Tony had both of Gibbs’s fists trapped, he wasn’t foolish enough to believe that Gibbs was out of ammo; he still had his legs.

Deciding he should probably tell Gibbs the truth before he remembered he was still able to kick Tony, he quickly said, “Amor, listen to me. They didn’t hear a thing. I used my magic to put a barrier to prevent them from sensing anything although I doubt they have any illusions as to what we did.” Tony said dryly.

Gibbs blinked. “Barrier?” He asked as if it were a foreign concept.

“Yes.” Said Tony as if he were speaking to a mentally challenge person. “A barrier. Now, will you please stop trying to beat me up?”

Gibbs blushed before saying sheepishly, “Yeah, sorry.” Tony released him somewhat cautiously, and was glad he did as he was forced to quickly duck from a renewed punch.

“You still should’ve told me sooner instead of enjoying my reaction, jackass.” Gibbs was a little pissed he’d missed his mark, but he supposed it couldn’t be helped, what with his lover not being human and all. “I’m going to take a shower. See ya down stairs, jackass.” His last words making it clear that while he was willing to forgive Tony, he still hadn’t yet.

Tony only smirked. “Sure, mi amor. Take your time.”

Only after he heard Tony close the door did he allow himself to smile. He loved it when Tony called him ‘mi amor.’ It made him want to think up his own pet name for Tony. Maybe ‘wolfie’? No, but it should have something to do with wolves. After all, it seemed only fitting.
Chapter End Notes:
Warning: Hot Steamy SEX in this chapter.

Enjoy...