- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony meets up with Sasha and proposes but she turns him down saying she doesn’t want to get in the way of his career. The NCIS team takes upon a strange case - a Marine's wife was murdered live on the Internet. The investigation reveals that two housewives were running a live Internet sex site and now they are both missing. While looking for them, the team will try to track down the webmaster and solve the alleged murder case.
“I knew Sasha would be back!” Maya said excitedly. “So then you asked her to marry you.”

“Well it wasn’t as simple as that.” Tony told her. “When I saw her just sitting there I wanted to run over to her and hold her and never let her go but then I also wanted answers from her.

Tony stood there for a moment staring at her before he found his voice. “Hey.”

"Hi..." They looked at each other, "Tony." Whispered Sasha,

"Sasha..." Tony whispered back, and he ran to her and pulled her into a passionate kiss,

Sasha pulled away. “It’s weird. I’d almost forgotten the taste of your tongue.”

“What?” He asked in confusion.

“Your tongue. I’d forgotten what it tastes like.”

“That is weird.”

“I remember now though.”

“Maybe you just need more reminders.” Tony grinned. “That might help you’re body’s senses remember me.”


“Why did she taste your tongue?” Maya asked, disgusted.

Tony laughed. “You’ll find out when you’re older.”


Sasha laughed. “Tony…”

He ignored her and moved to kiss her again but she stopped him. “Could we go for a walk?”

He nodded. “Yeah.”

“Just to get some air.”

“Yeah, you could tell me about your new job.”

“I would love that.”

They walked slowly through the park near the office where they used to run together in the mornings before work.

* * *


“So, did I ever tell you-” Tony started to say.

“I was gonna-” Sasha said at the same time. “Oh sorry. No go.”

“What?” He asked her.

“I was gonna say, did I ever tell you about the day my granddad proposed to my grandma?” He asked.

“No.”

“Well, Pop was on his way to meet my gran and propose, and he runs into his ex-girlfriend, Caroline Hopper. And they’re talking, they’re looking at each other, and all these old feelings, they start coming up. And he’s thinking,” He stopped to sigh, “I could run away right now with Caroline Hopper, be a happy man. All I have to do is kiss her. But instead he looks up, and sees my gran walking around the corner. And that moment he knows that he had no reason to be afraid. You understand?” Tony asked her

“Am I Caroline Hopper in this story or your grandma?” Sasha asked him. She gasped as he pulled out the little black velvet box. “Oh, my god! I’m your gran!”

He got down on one knee. “Sasha, when I saw you this afternoon-”

Sasha put her hands up. “Tony, please.”

“I knew-” Tony continued.

“Put that back in your pocket.” Sasha begged him. “Just stop, Tony, Stop.”

“With absolute clarity.-”

“Wait, wait, wait.” Sasha begged.

“I have no reason to be afraid-”

“Let’s think about this.”

“I’m not afraid of this. Just like the day that my-”

“Tony! I can’t do this!” Sasha yelled when she was sure she had his attention she sighed.

He looked at her in confusion. “I thought you loved me.”

“I do Tony. But this isn’t worth putting your life in danger for. You risked your job, your life for me. I can’t have you doing that. It’s why I left, not only did you risk exposing our relationship but what would’ve happened if the bullet had of killed you? You’re a good agent; don’t risk everything you have for me.”

He groaned. “Your killing me!”

“No, I’m not. I’m letting you go. Because if we stay together we’re gonna be miserable. I’m gonna hold you back from doing all these incredible things.”

“That’s not true.” Tony insisted.

“And eventually you’ll hate me for it.”

“No.”

“Yes. Tony I don’t want that, and you don’t want that. Trust me.” She told him as she stroked his hair behind his ears. “You’re gonna be just fine, Mr DiNozzo, without me.”


“Wow.” Maya whispered.

“Wow.” Tony repeated.

“How did you manage to go into work the next day?” She asked with obvious concern.

“I had to. Besides Alex’s birthday was coming up so I used that as a distraction.”


“Now listen, sweetheart,” Tony said to the girl on the other end of the phone, “I need a table on the terrace for Friday at nine o’clock.  It’s not negotiable.  Tell Valentino its Agent DiNozzo, we’re friends. Grazie, mi amore.  Ciao.” He hung up,
 
“Valentino’s, huh?  Must be a special occasion.” Commented McGee,

“I’m taking Alex for her birthday.”

“You know, I know a great place in Georgetown.  Just as romantic, half the price.”

“That’s a good idea, Probie, but I’m not taking Alex there for the romance.”    

“I’ve never seen you like this, Tony.  You must really like this girl.” Said McGee,

“Well, she’s got the whole package; beauty, class, sophistication. Plus she’s my baby sister. All that’s left is to decide on the perfect gift.” 

“I thought you gave all your girls Honey Dust.” Said Ziva
 
Tony turned, “How do you….?  Probie, something you want to tell me?” Asked Tony, glaring at Tim, “Probie, something you want to tell me?”

“It’s not my fault.” McGee told him.

“Don’t be embarrassed, Tony.  I find the taste of Honey Dust to be extremely erotic.” Ziva told him.
   
“What a coincidence, so do I.” He replied.

“I don’t.” Gibbs said as he walked over to his desk and grabbed his gear. “Gear up.  We’re heading to Dumfries.  A corporal’s wife is missing.  Local police think she may have been abducted.”
   
“What did I tell you about telling her about my personal life?” Tony muttered to McGee.
    
“I’m sorry.” McGee apologised. “She tricked me again.”

“Hey, next time, why don’t you tell her how I lost my virginity?” Tony asked him sarcastically.

“I’ve been meaning to ask you about that, Tony.  How does a fifteen year old boy go about meeting a coquette?” Ziva asked him.
    
“She means Rockette, boss.” McGee explained.

* * *

“Where did all these people come from?” Ziva asked as they pulled up in front of the house and saw that a large crowd of people were gathered outside.

“Didn’t you see the signs?  It’s yard sale day.” Tony explained pointing to the signs.

“I see.  And do Marines sell their yards often?” Ziva asked completely confused.
    
“No, it’s actually when people gather stuff they don’t want anymore, and sell it in their yards.” McGee explained.
    
“Why would anyone want to buy somebody else’s junk?” Ziva asked.

“One man’s junk is another man’s treasure.” Tony replied.

“In Israel, we have a saying.  Zevel Ze Zevel.  Crap is crap.”

“Her name is Jamie Carr.  Police got a call from the next door neighbour.  No one’s seen her in two weeks.” Gibbs told them as he walked over to them.

“Why are they assuming abduction?” Ziva asked him.

“Back door’s kicked in.” Gibbs replied before turning to McGee. “McGee, you take the perimeter.”

“On it.” McGee replied as he walked off.

“Ziva, check with the neighbour who called it in.  Tony, you’re with me.” Gibbs ordered before walking inside the house.

“Is there a reason I’m always the one taking statements?” Ziva complained.

“Obviously you’re good at getting people to talk.” Tony replied angrily.

“Don’t blame McGee.  I was merely being curious.”

“About my sex life?”

“About American customs.  Some of the men I’ve been meeting seem to be a little, how you say, uptight?” She replied.

“Define uptight-” Tony started to ask but Gibbs cut him off.

“Today, DiNozzo!”

“On your six, Boss!” Tony called to him as he rushed inside.


* * *
“Huh.  So much for gone but not forgotten.” Tony commented as he searched through the victims draws.

“Husband’s away at war, DiNozzo.  People cope in different ways.” Gibbs replied.

“She’s found at least one way to cope.” Tony replied as he held up a small vile.

“Careful.  You could poke an eye out with that.  Twist the end, Tony.  Haviar Christian Number Five.  It’s a perfume.  Big in France.” Ziva warned him as she walked into the room.

“Maybe that’s what I’ll get Alex for her birthday.” Tony said.

"It is two thousand dollars an ounce, Tony.” Ziva told him.
    
“Sounds steep.” Gibbs commented.

“Yeah, she’s not really a perfume kind of gal.” Tony told his boss.

“I meant for a Corporal’s wife, DiNozzo.” Gibbs replied.

“I knew that.” Tony muttered.

“I found some blood drops out back.  Hidden underneath some bags of mulch.  Looks consistent with a dragged body, boss.” McGee reported to Gibbs as he walked in.
    
“Where exactly, McGee?” Gibbs asked standing up and walking towards the door.

“On the concrete patio.  I taped-off the area.” McGee replied paling slightly as he glanced around the room.

“Something wrong, McGee?” Ziva asked him.

“He’s fine.  He’s just never been in a woman’s bedroom.” Tony said sarcastically.

“I’ve seen this room before.” McGee realised. “In a video clip.”

“Like a porno?” Tony asked.

“No, a girlfriend is always e-mailing me these internet videos.  She sent me one of this room last week.” McGee replied.
    
“Why do I find that hard to believe?” Tony said sarcastically to the younger agent.

“What, you never get forwarded weird videos to your e-mail?” McGee asked.

“All the time.  I meant the part about you having a girlfriend.” Tony explained.

“This clip showed a woman supposedly being murdered live on the internet.” McGee told them.
“Why didn’t you report it, McGee?” Ziva asked him.

“I um… assumed it was a hoax, a badly made snuff film.” McGee stuttered.
    
“You know what happens when you assume, McGee?” Tony asked him.

“Yeah.  Gibbs is going to kill me.  Again.” McGee replied glumly.

* * *
         
“This is the first I’ve heard about any snuff video.  I just knew that Jamie was missing.” Carter Finch. The man who ran the website that featured both woman told Tony an Ziva when they went to interview him.

“Not just Jamie.  Leanne, too.” Tony replied.

“Do you think it has something to do with the website?” Carter asked.

“Well, that would make sense now, wouldn’t it?” Tony replied sarcastically.

“How did you not see the video?  Don’t you run the site?” Ziva asked.

“Well, I maintain it, but I’m far too busy to watch all the content.” Carter replied.

“Well, I’ll bet you weren’t too busy to see the new Star Wars six times.” Tony said as he looked around the small basement and picked up a stuffed toy.

“Careful with that Wookiee.  It’s a prototype from nineteen seventy eight.” Carter warned him.

“Aren’t you a little too old for toys?” Tony asked.

“These aren’t toys, they’re investments.  There are only three seventy eight Wookiees equipped with an ammo belt, and I have one of them.  You don’t even want to know how much it’s worth.” Carter explained.

“You’re right.  I don’t.” Tony remarked.

“Six hundred bucks, but I’ll sell it for twice that online via Ultra Collectibles and Auctions-dot-com.” Carter told him.

“I see you are also saving money on rent.” Ziva commented.

“Uh, I can afford my own place.  I just live here for my mom you know.  She feels safer having me close by.” Carter replied.

“I’m sure you provide a high degree of protection.” Tony muttered.

“Tell us about Jamie and Leanne.” Ziva said changing the subject.

“We’re business associates.  I manage their website and in exchange, get paid a hundred dollars a week.” Carter explained.

Tony’s mouth dropped open in shock. “A hundred bucks?  The site has over two thousand members.  At twenty four bucks a pop, that’s like…” He trailed off as he worked it out.

“Forty eight thousand a month.” Ziva worked out.

“Yeah, that’s good.  Sounds like the girls are ripping you off.” Tony said to Carter.

Carter shrugged. “It’s only one of several websites I’ve designed.  I also do Dungeons and Demons, Buxom Bimbos, and Friends of Furries dot-org.”

“You designed Buxom Bimbos?” Tony asked.

“How did the three of you meet?” Ziva asked.

“Leanne always flirted with me when I delivered her paper.  And one day I was talking about my website, and she asked about-” Carter explained before Tony interrupted him.

“Back up a step there.  You were a paperboy?”

“I used to be a news distributor, okay?  Paperboy is such an archaic term.” Carter replied.

“Nine year olds don’t mind it.” Tony muttered.

“How did Jamie get involved?” Ziva asked.

Carter shrugged again. “I guess she wanted to make some extra money.  That’s one reason I’ll never get married.” Ziva laughed.

“I can think of a couple others.” Tony muttered.

“When was the last time either of them contacted you?” Ziva asked.

“It’s been like a month.  I mean, with a design like mine, the site pretty much runs itself.” Carter replied.
    
Tony laughed “Is your mother wondering why we’re here?”

 
“I kind of told her this was for a job interview.” Carter explained making Tony laugh louder.

“Ah, I’ll be in the car.” Tony excused himself.

* * *
   
“Sweep the yard!  See if the dog reacts to any other human remains.” Tony ordered as a dog barked when they were at the scene where Jamie Carr was last seen.
     
“Hey, buddy.” McGee said as he moved closer to the dog but it barked at him making him jump back in fright. “She doesn’t like people.”

“Hi!  Hi!” Ziva said to the dog as she patted it.

“Maybe it’s just me.” McGee muttered.

“How long is Gibbs planning on keeping us here?” Ziva asked.

“As long as it takes to find the other missing wife.” Tony replied.

“Assuming she’s even here, Tony!” Ziva exclaimed. “It could take days to search this place.”
    
“Why don’t you tell Gibbs that?  He loves our input.” Tony suggested.

“Are you sure these are corpses-sniffing dogs?” Ziva asked the dog hopefully.

“Of course.  That’s why they’re alerting to McGee.  He’s been a dead man since yesterday.” Tony said sarcastically.
    
“Very funny stuff there, Tony.” McGee told him.

“Still working on it.” Tony replied.

“How did you end up here, McGee?” Ziva asked.

“Well, I rode in the back of the van.  You may have noticed my screaming as Tony ran that light.” McGee replied sarcastically.

“Not here, here.  At NCIS.  I know Tony’s story, what’s yours?” Ziva explained.

“Do you want the long version or the short version?” McGee asked.

“Oh, there’s only one version.  McGee showed up on our doorstep like a little lost poodle.” Tony told her.

“That is not true, Ziva.” McGee said defending himself.

“No, you’re right.” Tony agreed. “It was more like a Saint Bernard.”

“DiNozzo!  Ziva!  We’re out of here!” Gibbs ordered them.

“Thank you, God.” Tony muttered.

“What about me, Boss?” McGee asked.

“You’re heading up the search.  Find me that other body.” Gibbs replied.

“Why me?  I’m not the newbie anymore.  Don’t you think this is maybe a job for Ziva?” McGee pointed out.

“I need a trained investigator running this site, McGee.  Do you think Ziva fits that bill?” Gibbs asked him with a glare before walking off towards the car.
“I guess not, Boss.” McGee replied.

“Hey, quit feeling sorry for yourself.  Do what you do best.” Tony told the younger agent.

“What, you mean screwing up?” McGee asked expectantly.

“No, finding answers when no one else can.” Tony replied before he and Ziva followed Gibbs.

“That was nice of you.” Ziva told him.

“Never kick a Probie when he’s down, Ziva.”


“I thought the expression was dog.”

“It’s the same difference.”

* * *

“You never cease to amaze me.” Ziva commented as Tony threw a paper ball into McGee’s bin.

“I probably would have gone pro if I hadn’t blown out my knee senior year.” Tony replied proudly.

“I was referring to the numerous ways in which you entertain yourself.” Ziva explained.

“Like what?”

“Computer solitaire, paper airplanes, last week’s rubber band war.”

“Oh.  Well, in all fairness that was McGee’s fault.”

“How?”

“Well he’s the one who brought the rubber bands down from the supply room.  Should have known better.” Tony explained.

“I think he learned his lesson.  I never knew a rubber band could leave such a welt.”

“It’s all in the release.”

“It’s astounding you actually find the time to do your job.”

“It’s what we call the creative process.”

“What is that?”

“While you were getting your little Banana-Rama thingy, I was finding us a lead.”

“It is Berry Mango Madness.  And… I am listening.”

“This dude had a platinum membership to the website, restraining order filed against him last year, and lives in the Dumfries area.” Tony explained.

“Name?”

“Robert T. Sullivan.”

“Checked him out last night.  He’s been in South Beach, Florida, for the past six weeks.”


“South Beach is an exotic place.  Beaches, babes.  Bingo!”

“Mister Sullivan is in a spiritual retreat.  He’s a Jehovah’s Witness.”

“That would explain the restraining order.  Well, only four thousand, three hundred and thirty eight to go.”

* * *

“Running a little late this morning?” Ziva asked Tony when he rushed to his desk the next morning.

“Stopped at the mall to pick up Alex’s gift.  It was completely packed.  Scott Baio’s cutting the ribbon at a new Pottery Barn.” Tony explained.
    
“Who’s Scott Baio?” Ziva asked.

“Exactly.” He replied before turning to McGee. “Morning, Probie.” He turned back to Ziva when McGee didn’t reply but continued staring blankly at his computer screen. “What’s with him?”

“He’s been that way all morning.  I do not believe he went home last night.” Ziva answered.

“Ah.  Where’s Gibbs?” Tony asked.

“He left for coffee.” She replied simply.

“What do you think?” Tony asked Ziva pulling out an elegant red dress out of his bag.

“It’s not your colour, DiNozzo.” Gibbs said as he stormed over to his desk.

“Ah, I was just showing Ziva-” Tony started to say but Gibbs cut him off.

“You’re late.”

“Yeah, I had to run an errand.  It was important but it won’t… won’t happen again.” Tony promised.

“Boss, I located the money.  They had a Cayman account set up to dump the funds into a U.S. account on the fifteenth of every month.” McGee suddenly reported to Gibbs.
   
“Whose account?” Ziva asked.

“Her name is Hazel Davenport.” McGee replied.

“We got an address?” Ziva asked.

“Yeah, Royal Manor Retirement Home.  She’s eighty-six years old.  She happens to be the maternal grandmother of Carter Finch.” McGee explained.
    
“See what happens when you show up to work on time, DiNozzo?” Gibbs scolded.

“Yes.” Tony replied.

“He emptied the account last night and walked out with close to half a mil in cash.” McGee continued.

“What are you waiting for?  Bring me Finch. Now!” Gibbs shouted.

“Right.” Tony nodded before turning to McGee. “You pulled an all-nighter?”

“Sergeant Roberts deserves answers.” McGee told him.

“Should’ve told me.  I would’ve stayed.”

“I know you would’ve.  So why were you late?”

“I stopped by the mall to pick up Alex’s birthday present.” Tony explained.

“Did you see Scott Baio?”


* * *
“He has not made or received a phone call since Wednesday of last week.” Ziva reported.

“I can’t imagine he has a lot of friends.” Tony commented.

“He doesn’t really need them, considering he has half a million dollars in cash.” McGee pointed out.

“That he picked up over eighteen hours ago.  Whoosh.  I could be in Rio De Janeiro right now.” Ziva said.
    
“Good thing he’s not you.  Okay, this guy’s not smart enough to cover his tracks.” Tony told her.
    
“He’s done pretty well so far.” McGee said.

“He does online auctions from his laptop.  Super Collectables-” Tony realised.

“Ultra Collectibles and Auctions dot com.  Can we trace him?” Ziva asked.  


 “If we can pinpoint some of his items.  Do you know what he sells?” McGee asked.
    
“Star Wars stuff.” Tony replied.

“That narrows it down to like fifty million people.” McGee pointed out.

“Ah.  Ah… some kind of figurine.  There’s only three of them.” Tony remembered.

“Yoda?  C-Three-P-Oh?  Storm Trooper?” McGee asked.

“Wookiee.  There’s a special edition prototype from nineteen seventy eight.  It comes equipped with an ammo belt.  There are only three in existence.” Ziva remembered.
    
“You’re a Star Wars junky, huh?” McGee asked.

“Not especially.” Ziva replied.

“She has a photographic memory, Probie.  Not a social disorder.” Tony explained.

“Okay, there is one seventy eight Wookiee posted.  Only one with an ammo belt.  Highest bid was over twelve hundred dollars.” McGee said as he looked on the website.
    
“Was?” Tony asked.

“He shut down the auction early this morning.  Guess he no longer needed the cash.” McGee explained.

“Can you find him?” Tony asked.

“I’m tracing the host computer I.P. address now.  Looks like he last logged on six hour ago.  A broadband connection at the Freemont Inn in Woodbridge, Virginia.” McGee told them.
    
“That’s twenty minutes from here.  Ziva, you’re with me.  McGee… call Gibbs!” Tony ordered.

* * *


“If things get hairy, just follow my lead.  What’s happening, ladies?” Tony ordered Ziva as they cautiously entered the hotel.


“I do not need a babysitter, Tony.  I have been in hundreds of these situations.” Ziva pointed out.
    
“Never with me.  As far as I’m concerned, you’re a Probie.”

“I have never had sex with you, either.  Does that mean I am a virgin?”

“Trust is a virtue that’s earned, not given.”

“Profound.”

“I try.” Tony grinned as he whistled at a woman walking past.

“Nice ass, yes?” Ziva commented.

“Something like that.”

* * *
   
     
“Federal agents!” Tony yelled as they burst through the hotel room. “Looks like we missed quite a party.”      
     

“Tony, I think you want to take a look at this.” Ziva called from the bathroom once they’d determined the room was empty.

“The knife’s a K-Bar, a Marine fighting knife.” Tony said looking at the knife Ziva held.
    
“I told Gibbs not to let Sergeant Roberts go home last night.” Ziva said angrily.

“What do you think of that?  Blood?” Tony asked as he noticed the red stains on the sink.

“Do you smell that?”

“Haviar Christian Number Five.  You think you’re the only one with a memory?”

“That’s not blood.  It’s hair dye.” Ziva realised.

* * *

“Jamie Carr?  I liked you better as a blonde.” Tony told the woman who Ziva had in handcuffs.

“That is probably not a good idea.” Ziva pointed out.

“You’re probably familiar with this.” Tony said to Jamie Carr.

“You wish.” Jamie spat at him but Tony just whistled at her as he answered his ringing phone. “DiNozzo.” He answered.

“The knife in the video is a fake, DiNozzo.  Jamie Carr is-” Gibbs told him.

“Alive.” Tony finished. “We know.  We’re looking at her right now.”
     

“What about Carter-?” Gibbs started to ask.

“Finch?  Dead.  She offered him in the hotel room, took all the money for herself.” Tony told him. “She’s a naughty little kitty cat.  Anything else, Boss?”

* * *

“Tony, it’s almost nine o’clock.  Isn’t tonight your big birthday dinner?” Asked Ziva.

“She cancelled.” Tony told her simply.   

“Why?”

“Apparently, Logan organised a big romantic surprise.”

“She’s married?”

“Not yet.” Said Tony, “Though I think Logan may propose.”

“Do you still have those dinner reservations?” Asked Ziva and Tony looked up at her, “My treat. Or you could take Sasha?”

“We broke up so I guess I could drown my sorrows in surf and turf.” He smiled as he eyed her.

“That’s a good attitude.” And they walked to the elevator.