- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The aftermath of an undercover case that went drastically wrong, now the criminal is loose and out for revenge. Will Gibbs be able to protect Tony?Sequel to In Too Deep
Slowly hanging up the phone, Paul Harding grinned as he turned and stared at the elevator. The urge to see the effect of his phone call to the lead agent was almost overwhelming but he knew there was more work to be done before his plans were complete. "This is just the beginning, Gibbs!" He murmured as he walked back towards the guard at the entrance doors, "Your worse nightmare has just begun!"

He smiled as he walked past he guard before he turned and paused, slapping his head dramatically as if he had forgotten something. Reaching into his pocket, he withdrew a small white envelope and he walked back to the guard. "Excuse me but I forgot to deliver this to Agent Gibbs. It's personal and extremely important that he receive it." He explained softly as he passed the sealed letter to the young officer adding conspiratorially, "I'm hoping to join his team, so I thought I might stack the odds in my favor if I gave him some information about myself that is not held in my file." He grinned and winked. "You would be doing me a huge favor if you delivered this to him."

"I'm not sure…." The guard murmured as Harding pushed the envelope into his hand. He glanced down at the item he now held in his hand and grinned as he noticed the $100 bill folded neatly beneath before he looked up. "But I can't see any harm in that. I mean it's not like it can contain anything that might hurt him." He replied as he quickly tucked the money into his pocket.

Harding laughed as he slapped the young man on the shoulder, "Do I look like the type who would hurt an NCIS agent, especially an agent like Agent Gibbs?" He winked before he turned and walked away.


NCISNCISNCIS