- Text Size +
Story Notes:
The part at the end with ** around it is not my work. It is a partial quote from "Yankee White". Disclaimer: I don't own these characters. Just like everyone else, I'm borrowing them for a story or two...or three...five...twenty...
Author's Chapter Notes:
Part Two of the story Kidnapped. Abby has amnesia and the team tries to help her regain her memories.
Chapter 1

"Who are you?"

"Oh, God," said Gibbs worriedly, his heart sinking, "Please tell me you're joking." She shook her head slowly, still watching him with bright green eyes. His fault. It was all his fault.


Back at the office McGee was hanging up the phone.

"That was Ducky," he told Ziva, who was giving him a questioning look, "Gibbs wants us to come see Tony and Abby."

"Why didn't he just call us?" she asked, grabbing her jacket.

"I don't know," McGee answered, not really caring.

"You're an investigator McGee, you're supposed to figure this kind of thing out," she teased him, grinning.

"How am I supposed to know how Gibbs' mind works?" he asked as they stepped into the elevator.

"True," she agreed as the elevator doors dinged shut.



Gibbs got left her room quickly and without saying good-bye, leaving the young woman that he thought of as a daughter alone and still confused. He couldn't help it, he had to get away. His fault. It was all his fault. The thought played over and over again in his head, like a broken record. He walked down the stark white hallway, toward the waiting room doors, with vauge thoughts of coffee, but before he could reach them, Ducky, Ziva, and McGee appeared on the other side. They were all wearing light, care-free smiles, and laughing.

"Hey Boss," greeted McGee. Gibbs just nodded and pulled Ducky aside, letting the other two continue on.

"What is it Jethro?" the medical examiner asked concernedly, after seeing Gibbs' expression of anger and sadness.

"It's Abby," he told him, and then related the story of what had occurred only minutes before.

"Oh my," said Ducky, seemingly in shock.

"I think ‘oh my' is a bit of an understatement, Duck," Gibbs told him

‘Let me go speak to her, to, uh, assess the damage, if you will," said Ducky, ignoring Gibbs' comment.

"Sure, I better go check on the rest of the team," and with that they parted. Gibbs down the hall towards Tony's room, and Ducky the opposite direction to Abby's.


When he arrived at her room, Abby was sitting up, and staring out of the window. Her hair, not in it's quirky pigtails, hung limply around her shoulders and her face was free of make-up. Instead of their usual blood red, or black color, her lips were a regular pinkish color, and her eyes were not framed by liner, simply by her naturally long lashes.

Ducky cleared his throat politely to get her attention, as he stood framed in the doorway.

"Oh, hello," Abby said, turning to look at her visitor.

"You don't remember me do you?" he asked sadly, for it had been clear the moment that she spoke. She shook her head solemnly.

"Should I?" she questioned him, "Don't feel bad, it's not just you. It's everyone, even myself. What happened to me?" Ducky sighed and began to explain as best he could.

"For starters, my name is Donald Mallard, but you can call me Ducky, everyone does. And you, are Abigail Sciuto, usually known as Abby."

"Alright, Ducky," she said trying out the mostly new name. She loved the way it rolled off her tongue.

"Before you go on, there was a man here, when I woke up. He didn't seem very happy with me, did I do something wrong?"

"No dear, Jethro's just a bit…high strung. He's been worried about you, after what happened," Ducky told her.

"What happened?" she asked curiously.

"That's a story for another time, my dear. Perhaps you would like to see the rest of the gang?" he said quickly, changing the subject and standing up.

"Okay, bu-" she began, but Ducky cut her off.

"I'll just go get them then," and he left the room.




"A full blown case of amnesia," he was telling Gibbs moments later, "I think you should all go see her, maybe we can jog her memory and everything will be fine."

"She doesn't remember us?" McGee asked still in shock.

"Not one bit," Ducky answered, "The mind is a fickle thing."

"And you think this is a side affect of the concussion?" asked Ziva, as the four of them headed for Abby's.

"It's possible, or this is her mind's way of dealing with the emotional trauma of being tortured. Just to simply forget it all instead of dealing with the pain directly," Ducky speculated. They filed into Abby's room, slightly nervously, and waited for Ducky to introduce them.

"Well Abigail, you remember, I mean you don't, obviously, but this is Special Agent Timothy McGee, Officer Ziva David, and Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs," Ducky said somewhat awkwardly gesturing to each in turn. Abby looked at all of them with a curious interest.

"Special Agents? Am I in trouble?" she asked confusedly.

"No my dear," Ducky explained to her, "These are your co-workers, and in Jethro's case, boss. You are the forensic scientist at NCIS."

*"NCIS? Is that anything like CSI?"* She asked, still watching them.

*"Only if you're dyslexic,"* answered Gibbs and McGee simultaneously.
Chapter End Notes:
The part at the end with ** around it is not my work. It is a partial quote from "Yankee White".
Disclaimer: I don't own these characters. Just like everyone else, I'm borrowing them for a story or two...or three...five...twenty...