- Text Size +
Story Notes:
The Ronin Warrior's are being found and so are the Warlord's. The tail is set as they are found and the past comes back to hoant them, or is it to bind them? But that is not all, what is it that calls to the spirits of Ronins and warlords past, what is the force which can defeat the enemy and what force will defeat him for good? But who is this mystery enemy in the first place, who is it that is out to prove he is stronger then Talpa? Check it out as CSI's, Detectives and two NCIS agents are changed forever in more ways then one.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Over a hundred years ago, Japan was held captive by the magic of Talpa, Warlord of the Neither World. The Ronin Warriors and the reformed Warlords together defeated him and saved Lady Kayura. But now one hundred years later the call once again is issued out to the Armor barriers. To their reborn spirits, which are quite different now. But will this enemy be anything like the last
ones or perhaps more sinister?
Title: Call to arms (Again)
By Garden Mary

Disclamer: OK I don't own CSI (Miami, New York, or Las Vagues. I don't own NICS.
I don't own ronin Warriors/Samuri Troopers, and I most defanatly do not own the Law & Order franchse or any of its shows. All I am doing with the media of
thses shows is writting anice fan ficiton, that I hope you will enjoy.
Pairings: Well lets say we have warlords and ronins and well with that being said,
I will say four warlords are paired up with four Ronins, and one lucky lady will find love in the strangest of places.
Summery: Over a hundred years ago, Japan was held captive by the magic of Talpa, Warlord of the Neither World. The Ronin Warriors and the reformed Warlords together defeated him and saved Lady Kayura. But now one hundred years later the call once again is issued out to the Armor barriers. To their reborn spirits, which are quite different now. But will this enemy be anything like the last
ones or perhaps more sinister?
Warnings: Ok warning I am going to be mixing a lot of shows, so if you read this and think thats to Ronin warriors were are the Law & Order, CSI, and NCIS logic . . . well let me tell you, its out the window. thats what happened when I mix drama shows with anime. But an't it fun to read? Other then that you will be garenteed to find a lot of violence being plaied down (Bad guys in armor are really mist) and well tragic romance which kind of has a Romio and Julet twist. If your ok with that your on an easy run. YOu will also have a Sailor Moon feel to some things, after all in Ronin Warriors eth show its all guys, but I thought that was to sexist and playing off the idea that spirits have no gender, te he I came up with this!

section summery: The Ronin Warrior's are being found and so are the Warlord's. The tail is set as they are found and the past comes back to hoant them, or is it to bind them? But that is not all, what is it that calls to the spirits of Ronins and warlords past, what is the force which can defeat the enemy and what force will defeat him for good? But who is this mystery enemy in the first place, who is it that is out to prove he is stronger then Talpa? Check it out as CSI's, Detectives and two NCIS agents are changed forever in more ways then one.

Chapter one: Enemy on the horizon

Calleigh Duquensne felt strange, as she found herself wondering the crime scene almost fully alone with her camera. It was as if chills were trying to climb her arms and legs, but in the Miami heat getting cold was not possible. The case was that she had to wait for Alexx, which was no big deal. The Medical Examiner had been pulling doubles with the sheer load of bodies that were being found. A whole building of them and each had to have a full autopsy.

The cult had been a group suicide as far as preliminary reports showed, no defensive bruising and clear signs of renal failure on the bodies. But the thing that caught Calleigh’s attention was the walls were painted in blood. DNA aliases showed it was human, but they had to have pumped someone dry or multiple someone’s for the sheer amount that was found.

The writing was in Japanese and so she was taking photographs of every inch of the inscriptions. The department was looking for a translator to sight what it was saying. But the place made Calleigh feel as if she should do something else, something destructive. But she pushed it aside, what could writing do to her it was an ament object. Ryan was with her in the building, but he was in the basement with Officer Bear, from Patrol, while Officer Glen was with Calleigh at the top floor.

Horatio was on his way from what she understood the entire shift was on this case with fifty victims. The cult leader was A.W.A.L, patrol had a B.O.L.O out on his description, the tattoos were a dead give away. They were finishing the photos as they regrouped at the Hummer. That was the moment when every hair on Calleigh’s body stood on end. Looking around she froze when she saw that not too far off from the beach house a strange doorway was litterly floating ten feet above the water.

Ryan was blatantly staring at it, that is until it opened and a strange group of people started tom come out and run striate for them. Gathering the evidence they loaded up and barley got out of there in tact. The officers it seemed were not anything the group cared about. The new group ignored them as they gave suppressive fire for the CSI leaving. But were shocked as the group split up after a gargled mass of language they knew only one thing about. A: It was not English, and B: It was not Spanish, though Officer Bear was thinking it could be Chinese if the person specking it was so inebriated they drooled on themselves.

Calleigh and Ryan entered the Lab with jitters and two officers in tow, who were from the looks of it questions the mental state they were in and pinched themselves at least once before they pinched each other. Seeing two of his CSI in such a state Horatio Cain walked to them to find out why. They were in a fog for a moment before they saw him and straitened up.

“Calleigh, Mr. Wolfe?” His deep voice came, Calleigh did not know what to say bout found herself saying the first thing that came to her mind,

“You would not believe us if we told you, heck I would not believe myself if I had not see it!” Her tone was that of shock. Ryan then answered him with a emotionless tone that told Horatio just how shocked the young CSI was,

“I swear we saw a door floating above the beach waters and people came out of it, a bunch of people and they came after us. They completely ignored the officers, even though they were shooting at them. It was like they did not see them at all!” his voice was starting to crack, and Horatio knew that level of shock would make his knees weak now that he was even thinking about it. Gently giving the evidence box to Eric who came towards the gruop Horatio moved Ryan to a place were he could sit down. Calleigh had done that herself already.

“OK so there was a floating door, can you described it?” Horatio asked, Ryan seemed to look around for a second, but Horatio knew it was more he was thumbing through his memory for an example,

“It was wood, dark wood and large, not your average door. It looked like the one that was on the movie Jurassic park only red and black.”

That was when Calleigh came in, “The people that came out were dressed strangely to, like something out of a martial arts move with staff weponds and swords. I think it was rather strange that they came after us and ignored the armed officers.”

The conversation was about to go on further when Calleigh felt the hairs on her body stand on end again. Looking up she saw the staringly dressed warriors after then again, but this time the room started to glow with a light blue, which took the form of thick mist and made a barrier stopping the warriors and anyone else from crossing.

It also scary enough forced away Horatio and Eric, leaving only Ryan and Calleigh within its barrier. But within its barrier the air began to fill with shining orbs of light and from within the mist, two forms came into being. One of brown and tan colored light and one of white and dark blue light. The brown and tan one said,

“Now is the time to reawaken warrior spirit of mine. Darkness again draws near and evil must be stopped. It is our duty to defend this world, a duty we have no choice to ask for, but must obey!” Blue and white then spoke softly, its tone lighter and more full of emotion,

“We must protect the people of this world. They have no protection against the enemy, please help us help this world?” The warriors outside of it seemed to understand better what was going on and started to attack the people outside of the barrier, which only stopped all talking within it.

The lighted mist shot into Calleigh and Ryan like a bullet at point blank range. Within second they seemed to shine with a light so bright that even the people outside the building saw it. Moments later the light ends and Calleigh and Ryan stood in strange armor, which incased them from the neck down. Ryan’s a dark brown with light tan paces, as apposed to Calleigh’s which was white with blue thicker pieces. Their armor caught the enemies attention as if a siren had gone off.

Calleigh and Ryan as if running on auto pilot, start to attack the enemy. Calleigh used a strange sort of magic, which mainly consisted of the mist. While Ryan’s mist formed a strangely handled sword, that he used to cut through the enemy. But after he cut through it the inside of the enemy showed to be nothing but mist.

However, as the numbers of their enemy dwindled down to two the on lookers saw that bullets did not hurt the enemy, only Calleigh’s magic and Ryan’s sword. The sword that strange enough, Ryan used with a mastery they did not think he had ever achieved before. That was before the last one standing used a long chain to grab Eric as he moved Horatio out of the way that anything extra happened.

Ryan reacted fast by slashing the chain, only to find it wrapping around him as if it were alive. It wrapped around him so tightly and so much that he could not move and his sword clanged loudly to the ground. A deep guttural laugh echo’ed and a door way appeared similar to what Ryan and Calleigh had witnessed before.

“I might not have gotten the Ronin brat, but you little boy will serve my purposes well.”

It was after that the enemy threw Ryan at the doorway which in turned opened it. A strong wind seemed to come and sucked Ryan in the rest of the way and snapped shut as the enemy flipped into ti. The door then vanished as Calleigh hit it with her armored arm. It faded away into nothing within moments.

Calleigh’s body started to shack the events of the last few moments growing more sharp in her mind. Strange memories started to flash before her eyes; strange images of another person in what she recalled was called sub-armor, a person names Shuten. But Shuten was older, much older and mostly immortal. But she then saw the other memories, four other ‘Ronin Warriors’. Ryo, Kento, Sage, and Rowan, then three other ‘Warlord’s’ Nazza, Anubis, and Rajaur.

Ryan’s darkness . . .

Ryan felt sick to his stomach as he was through threw the doors into a vortex of swirling colors and blurry images. He had closed his eyes a long time ago, trying to figure out what had happened. His mind raced with images of a lifetime he did not know even could be real. He had been a Samurai warrior, then when a creature called Talpa had come, he had lost everything, including his best friend.

Years passed by as the memories showed the person who lived that lifetime practiced day and in and day out for hundreds of years. Perfecting his art and mastering his mystical armor, called Venom. His mind supplied the anguish of the person when they realized that they were going to die feeling empty. Such was their fate the memories rationalized as they had taken the life they had and dedicated it to serving a person called Lady Kayura. His death was in his sleep peaceful, the only thing in his life that was done in such a manner.

But the mind that held the memories was racked with sorrow, it knew what was to happen. It showed Ryan darkness, darkness that made even Ryan’s soul shiver in disgust. But his gut dropped as the world stilled and a opulent room came into full view, it was Spartan of tables and objects. But the room was full of images, painted with gold leaf and rick colors.

It seemed to depict grossum wars and on a wall bore only the image of a creature in armor, head to toe. The eyes of the image were pure black and frightened Ryan. That was before he head chanting, deep guttural chanting that started out with four voices, if he focused on the differences in tone. But then more voices started to chat, the room filled with black mist.

The mist made his skin crawl even as it was covered with the thick armor he had on. It became like jelly and climbed his body until it reached his skin. In which time it did not make his skin crawl it froze his skin, it was so cold, crawling for his eyes. When the freezing jell reached Ryan’s eyes despite how he tried to stop it, the world shattered into a mind numbing world of endless pain. His vision hazed out and he knew nothing but the pain of which the jell brought upon him. But one word came from his lips as his body fell to the floor,

“Calleigh . . .”

As the jell finished entering his body via his eyes, nose and mouth, it covered his body and sub-armor forming a fully black armor and skin color. A few moments later the door to the room opened and several people dressed in flowing black robes entered and picked up the fallen warrior, walking him to a wall which once touched by one of them turned into a strange bed, which looked like it was carved out of the thickest tree that every existed. Ryan was loaded into it and a different chant began, The bed filled with a mist and then formed a hard black shell over the top.

Moments later once the servants were finished cleaning up the black jell left on the floor, a creature entered the room, it was shaped like a man from the neck top the hips, then a serpent from the hips down,

“Master Entraphi, the first is settled in, we will soon be ready for the other warrior. We know from our reading that Ronin Armor will be a harder armor to control due to the fact that in each lifetime it has been filled with good chi and karma, unlike the Warlord Armors. We will be ready.”

Entraphi glared at the servant until they cowered back away from him, “I have changed my plans, I( want the warlord armors first. I have seen for myself that without the mystical weaponry the Ronin armors are weak. Take away the connection to the Warlords and the Ronin’s have no magical access to them. Find the other three!”

Several of the servants bowed deeply to the creature, “Yes Master Entraphi we shall find them and bring them to you. Do you wish us to continue with the herding of the world populace?”

Entraphi smiled darkly through the many veiled hood he wore, his black eyes standing out like dark gem stones. “Yes please proceeded with that and I want this clean and efficient. Talpa was a fool to think that starting with a small area would do anything but make panic to the places not effected.”

The servants again bowed, deeper, their foreheads touching the floor as they did,

“Yes Master, we shall get on that as soon as possible.” with those words he walked over th dark cocoon and placed his hand on it. The cark shell started to turn into liquid as the skin touched it. Entraphi then closed his eyes,

“You my first Warlord shall have the honor of leading my Warlords. It is in you that I place this spell to bind the other three to you.” Entraphi’s hand lingered there for a moment then left slowly, as if caressing a lover before he left.


Calleigh Duquensne awoke with a jolt. Her mind seemed to have ran a mile a minuet, but as she woke up again every hair on her body rose and stood striate. Looking around she saw she was in Horatio’s office, and several of the Lab people were outside, Eric was by the door and Horatio was in his chair,

“H. . .” Calleigh began. But Horatio stopped her with a movement of his hand. He stood up and ushered Eric in, who was carrying a piece of the armor encased in a evidence bag. Calleigh’s body tensed as it was brought hear her, images and a soft male voice told her the object was a part of the enemy and had to be destroyed before it called to the enemy whomever that enemy was. She rained in her control and sat up quietly, sitting far from the armor.

“Calleigh do you have any idea what this is? What the people who attacked the lab are?”

Calleigh looked away fro a moment out the window, the world was starting to change already, the skies of Miami were normally very bright, but now dark angry clouds had come clinging to the skies and refusing to allow sun light in. Her gut told her to trust Horatio and Eric. But her mind told her the story is to fantastic for them to believe. She stayed quite as she thought about her heart, the same heart that ached when she remembered Ryan being through into the door way to only Heaven knew were.

“I don’t know what’s going on, but I do know this armor was that mist that talked to me. I have been getting these strange visions as if they are memories from a long since forgotten past. Its almost to fantastical for it to be real but my gut tells me it was real. Its showing me a world but I can’t understand most of it.” Eric sat down next to her after setting the armor piece down on the desk. His arm went around her shoulder to comfort her,

“So your telling us that this armor is magical? That whomever it is that attacked the lab wants it? Why do they want it if it came striate to you?”

Calleigh felt a wave of joy hit her, then more memories hit her, the clear sign to the others seemed that they saw her eyes glow a light blue that encompassed the whole of her eyes, not just the iris of it which was green.

“I don’t think mine alone is the one he wants, if mine gives me what you saw, what would all of them give. I get the feeling there are five of my type of armors and four or Ryan’s. But mine is harder for them to control, due to the fact it’s got only goodness in it. Ryan’s has been corrupted in the past, I worry for him.” she stated before looking to her hands. Horatio then knelt in front of her,

“What do these memories show Calleigh?” His tone was warm and rich like she heard only when he was being gentle and not trying to frighten the victim. Calleigh rubbed her temps, a sensation that felt strange with the armored fingertips. The images came clear to her. Images and memories of a war fought in Kyoto Japan, during the last one hundred years. It was 2007 for crying out loud, a lot could happen since then. Closing her eyes she did not even notice when she started to talk,

“A war, fought by an army of what can only be described as darkness, a place called the Neither World, strange warriors in armor with only mist as the warrior. Ghosts that are made from human emotions, misery, pain. I get the feeling that I am supposed to fight, but everything it’s to jumbled, it’s not organized enough for me to know what to do. I just know that this is just the beginning and it’s worse then the last time it happened. The last time is was just the city. This time I get the feeling it will encompass the whole of the world. With the Neither Realm supplying the power, I don’t think that its out of the realm of possibility H.”

Eric gasped as Calleigh stood, screams issued forth from the lobby and within seconds Calleigh was on her way. Her gut telling her that the armor from the enemy corpse lead them straight to her, but the forces were small this time, only eight warriors as opposed to twenty like last time.

She arrived and her mind supplied words, but it took taking out several of the armored enemy to get the idea, as her body grew warm and her mind supplied that she was to think about love, true and perfect love. The kind of love that did not need lust to live forever. Shockingly enough when it surprised her with a mental image of Ryan Wolfe came and she felt the heat within her magnify and start to fight to get out of her body. Getting away from the enemy with a few back flips, she found herself shouting out,

“Deep Sea Freeze!” The words came out with a tone that said she was pulling no stops on this move. The energy that had built up within her body erupted out of her arms and chest, latched at the enemy and made a wall of water freeze instantly. The enemy trapped inside until in a flash of light they were turned ti shards of ice. After a few moments she turned to Horatio and Eric, she knew her body was glowing,

“H we need to destroy the armor piece they left behind. I understand now that that’s how they found me. I know they are evidence but its not a good thing to have them near, when I am here. The enemy wants my armor; don’t help them find it please.”

Horatio and Eric nodded dumbfounded. Almost everyone at the lab had now seen Calleigh’s magical powers. None were willing to fight with her on any case. They just did as told, and were glade to have gotten to it when they did for no sooner did they touch the plastic encased envelopes with the enemy armor in it, then they started to turn it goo.

It was at that time that Horatio was so glade that the new lab had an incinerator. They rushed the armor piceae down to the incinerator and burned it all, it seemed that was truly the only thing that stopped the black melted armor.

Even though they still did not fully understand what was going on as of the last seventy two hours, they knew that Calleigh could fight and better yet defeat the enemy coming, if she just let herself do it. But Horatio felt hope, Calleigh has said there are at lest four other Ronin Warriors, even if they get all four warlords, the world will have a protector. He however, noticed that Ryan’s sword still lay on the floor of the lobby, no one could touch it until he came to it and grasped it by the handle.

It glowed and shot out of his hand, then floated to Horatio’s neck level and formed a necklace with a large serpentine charm on it. The serpent’s heads held a milky pearl between them and for a moment let out a warming wave of energy. Horatio noted only Eric and Calleigh had seen anything. Calleigh smiled and went about her work, she had as of yet to figure out how to De-sub-armor up. But she managed to get her hands free of the impenetrable sub-armor.


Next Time on Call to Arms
Chapter two: Armor of Strata!
For faster updates, please feed the muse and send me feed back please!
Chapter End Notes:
The Ronin Warrior's are being found and so are the Warlord's. The tail is set as they are found and the past comes back to hoant them, or is it to bind them? But that is not all, what is it that calls to the spirits of Ronins and warlords past, what is the force which can defeat the enemy and what force will defeat him for good? But who is this mystery enemy in the first place, who is it that is out to prove he is stronger then Talpa? Check it out as CSI's, Detectives and two NCIS agents are changed forever in more ways then one.