- Text Size +
Chapter three: Armor of Hardrock, Armor of Wildfire!

Olivia Benson walked into work groggy, looking around everyone else was well rested it seemed, well except for Munch, but then again he more then likely stayed up watching a conspiracy show or something. She had been up and down from bed, trying to wrestle with strange dreams of armored warriors and magical weponds. She had been up most of the night just looking up stuff on the internet. Many of the armors she saw were authentic Japanese, Samurai Armor.

But words like Hardrock, Wildfire, Strata, Halo, and Torrent kept thronging her off, what was this strange dream supposed to mean? Olivia knew her own mind did not come up with that sort of thing, so what was it?

The day was a sucky start, her alarm woke her up just as a man named Rajaur appeared towards the end of the battle, his armor shockingly enough magenta and green, but the sight of it made her feel both anger and fear.

She some how over the last week learned to speck Japanese even worse had dreams of battles so bloody that it made her sick. But she also saw such bond’s of friendship that it was like kinship, they were family. She sat at her desk as if in a daze. The group had solved one of the biggest cases they had ever had only seventy two-hour ago. Yet like clock work they were back, even Elliot who spend most of his day off with his kids.

Olivia felt down over the divorced he went through, all because of the job, and how it took him from the home. One would think a woman would be happy knowing he was not cheating on her. Elliot was taking anger management, but only just berle with there work load.

She was confused to see Wong with them and several of their other detectives leaving. Confused she looked to Wong who with a frown seemed to understand her emotions,

The city is being evacuated, slowly mind you so as to not cause panic. Last week the elderly were taken to a secure location out of state. Seems the city systems are malfunctioning on a grand scale, hence why there are no computers on today. The Mayer and State officials are finding the rim of the United States is being effected, all along the coast line power outs are becoming more frequent and people are vanishing. The ones who saw them vanish only sight the fog took them away. So we are taking all high risk people out of the city.”

Elliot snorted, “So what’s the panic? I mean it could be an electrical problem. Wide spred could mean it’s a update that went wrong.” Elliot stated then Wong glared at Olivia’s partner. He snapped back,

“We have over three hundred cases of missing persons in a matter of six hours. If you have not walked around lately have you not noticed the way things are? Sure they look better but where did the homeless go? Every shelter in the state is reporting zero occupancy. The Gang Squad can’t find one gang member, hospitals report not a single accident in the last week. Elliot these are to many things to be just plain coincidence. Missing persons are also starting with the elderly, the weaker victims. Over eight different rest homes spread all over the coastline of New York state have reported everyone going to bed one night and when the staff went to check in on them hours later . . . ever and I mean every resident was missing.”

Munch then took the silent pause to though his two cents in, which as usual was more then two cents, “That and they want to contain the hysteria, to many people reporting in they are seeing armored men taking there loved ones, and as usual the government is trying to cover it up. But I will give them this much at lest they are being clean about it.”

Olivia as well as everyone else in the room rolled there eyes, but Fin was quite, after Munch’s statement until the lights started to flicker and the power went out. Groaning the group pulled out the reeded lights they had, mostly lantern flash lights and candles in Elliot’s case, one good thing about being catholic.

That was when the screaming started, looking out the gruop saw that unlike normal Munch was right, several cars were being blown up while men dressed in what could be Samurai Armor charged after people, taking no heed to hide themselves as they used chariots and strange nets to capture pedestrians. IN droves they disappeared.

Olivia growled in anger, why were they doing this? She hardly notice her co-workers backing away from her as her body started to glow orange. She felt as if fire had been sparked deep within her and she wanted to give it an outlet for use. It was injustice that was going on, more so at that moment then when a pedophile got free. Her fists were clenched into a white knuckled grip. Her eyes pulsed orange then normal and back to orange.

However, many of the armored people in the streets seemed to feel the power she was putting off and shot energy beams which completely destroyed the wall with the windows. But Olivia remained untouched. However, as the wall was decimated, a hard sub armor formed over her body, white and burnt orange.

These were the days where noramly Olivia would have pinched herself and wondered if what was happening was real. But it was like a flip was switched in her mind and the dreams came roaring back, the itch to fight was so powerful that went the armored men tried to jump into the area Olivia smiled darkly and shouted,

“Don’t think mother nature will allow you to catch me. It’s like I always say ‘Good flies, evil falls!’ you just don’t know it.” Her body pulsed and shot out orbs of pure orange energy, which fasened themselves to an armored man and he felt so fast they would have thought he had a rocket on his chest.

It was like Olivia was another person, as she looked at her hands and then to the second wave of jumpers. Looking to the group she stopped at Elliot,

“Be carefully Eliot and take care of them, I have some Dynasty cans to kick!” she then jumped out the blown out wall and flew until she gracefully landed and started to attack more widely. By the time she landed the chariots had taken away everyone on the street that was not armored. But the armored intruders ignored the people in the building, focusing on Olivia in her sub armor instead.

Olivia was doing so well until she was hit in the gut and sent flying over a hundred feet. She found her way back to her feet and figured it was better to run. Taking off for the coast line she found running was easier now. The armored enemy fallowed her and she knew that her choice would help her co-workers.

Wildfires POV . . .

The city was going nuts and that was saying something. She was not used toe th kind of panic going around. Mac and the others were going to be the last wave to leave, so if they stayed she stayed. However, when the armored men they had been hearing described all week finally shoed up Lindsay was ready. She had been having dreams since she was a little girl. Dreams in which she was called ‘Ryo’ and could control fire with her mind. She had learned a few weeks ago that she could control fire with her mind.

It happened after a dream in which she was surrounded by four others, she could not see there faces but knew to trust them. She also knew that they were close, closer then family, they were warriors in arms. They fought and bled together, and that was why they trusted so much in her. But the dreams were changing recently. With the establishment of her fire power, things got strange and she was no longer called Ryo.

As of lately in her dreams she was called ‘Wildfire’ and she heard strange voices she had never heard before female and male voices. She felt pain like she never though she ever could. But shocking enough she realized she was falling for one Danny Messier. Why she was falling she had no idea. But her gut told her time would tell and very soon.

She had found a strange mist that followed her around in the morning as of late to, but tried not to pay mind to it, the mist gave off no vibes that put her onto the idea that it was evil. She saw evil every day and knew what it felt like even when it was hidden well.

She had a strange feeling as of late within the lab, like something she should recognize but did not. She was ready for anything, even had a extra clip of ammunition in her purse, which was stuck to her side. She and Danny were going to be getting off soon, the city was almost completely empty due to harvesting done by the armored enemy and people getting the heck out of dodge.

They were closing up when a chariot raid came after them. Lindsay found herself feeling her fire power flowing over her skin, as if the charging chariots drew it out of her. She opened her hands and glared, the switch between Lindsay and Wildfire was through and she launched a wave of pure blue flames at the enemy. The animals charging it were smarter then the rides. But what caught her attention most was that, the familiar energy she had noted all week long came out in full force. Mac was swearing as she turned and saw Danny was pulsing to! His energy was the ones she had been feeling.

“Guess I was not the only one hiding Montana, lets kick us some Dynasty cans!” Danny’s voice came, but was clear in his tone he was not joking or making light of it. Something in Danny had flipped just like it had in her. Her body glowed and showed red and white sub armor while his was two tone green. His eyes showed deep thought as he looked to Mac,

“Run as fast as you can, they are after us not you!” That was when Lindsay felt her whole body start top pules with energy. She charged the enemy as if she was born to and caught her whole body on fire, flames which didn’t even dry out her hair. However, they only fought her she soon realized to get to Danny. But he was quick and aglie. He also seemed to be able to make himself invisible. Panic’ed the enemy turned there sights onto her, that was until a force knocked them not only back but onto their backs. Looking around Lindsay could swear on her mother she felt another armor like hers.

Looking down the street towards the Bronx proved useful as a woman dressed in Orange ronin armor came and had a hord of enemies behind her as well. But with the wave of her hand the Orange clad Ronin helpped out so Lindsay was going to return the favor. Shouting at the woman to hit the pavment, Lindsay shouted out,

“Wildfire Phoenix!”

From her stretched out arms a magnificent bird of prey cried to life and attacked the enemy behind her fellow Ronin sister. Danny was opting one better as he shouted out,

“Armor of Illusion!” A bright flash of light later and he was decked out in armor similar to the enemy only Danny was way skilled with it. He used his nun-chucks to take out a great deal of them until a bold of red lightning came from the darkly clouded skies and forced him to dis-armor, his body fell to the pavement. Lindsay was besieged by the enemy as a tall oriental door formed and his body was through into it. She saw Mac more then heard his shots, shooting at the enemy. Growling she launched another Phoenix, which was to little too late.

Lindsay felt to her knees as the enemy vanished, she felt the other Ronin come up behind her and catch her. Drained from the fight Lindsay gave no resistance. She forgot how much power it took even in dreams to pull of attacks like that. Mac came up to her and was trying to talk to her, but all she could do was call for Danny.

The other Ronin identified herself as Olivia of Hardrock, Lindsay snapped out of her reprieve. Hardrock . . . that was a armor name from her dreams but it was Kento of Hardrock not Olivia. Looking to the other woman she saw Hardrock was older this time. She shocked Mac as she answered,

“Lindsay, Lindsay of Wildfire. Tell me have you seen Strata, Torrent or Halo? I think Torrent and Strata are awake but I can’t find Halo.” Mac’s face was priceless, but Olivia did not miss a beat,

“I don’t know I did not know anyone was awake other then myself. Though the memories have been coming back. I can’t believe were still on this world. I thought for sure the Ronin power would be sent to another world.” Olivia’s eyes rolled and Lindsay laughed for a second,

“Lets get the Warlords back, we need them if we are to defeat this guy, we are limited only to our magic, impressive as they are its not going to be enough.” Olivia stood and helped Lindsay up. Mac then pipped in,

“What are you two talking about? I mean strange guys running around in armor picking people up and I have no idea what reason for. Then you two are doing your . . .thing and then she shows up and then . . .could someone explain this to me? This is worse then that case we had last week were he was killing people because daddy never knew he was his father. . .oh gezz would you just tell me what is going on?” Mac protested loudly, the guy had taken to much from the higher ups the last week.

Olivia and Lindsay snickered a little bit, then looked at one another, before they answered him they stated, “We have to find the other three. But basically it could be the end of the world as we know it.” Lindsay stated to which Olivia stated, “Yea. Again.”

Danny’s prison . . .

Straggling to stand Danny Messier noticed two things. One his armor was reacting to the presence of its brother armors, and two he could not see them. Closing his eyes he could tell he was standing between them, but another look around and Danny realized what became of them. They were trapped inside the black casings. Just as he was about to do something about it the chanting started, but the room was empty. Danny looked around and hardly noticed the jell forming from the mist about his feet.

Danny looked down and saw the jell and tried to wipe the stuff off, but it just climbed his arms, freezing his skin on contact and making his mind pules with pain once it touched his eyes. He fought hard to get the stuff off og him but it was feudal, a deeper voice came and the two casings show energy across one another, trapping Danny in the middle. Danny could swear he heard two voices calling to him. But he fought them, comfort was not what he was looking for, he wanted freedom.

But as the abys called to him the voices called as well. Leaving Danny with two choices, float around in nothingness and go mad, or perhaps find what little comfort the situation could afford him. Danny was not a loner, he chose the voices, which turned out to be the other two armor holders.

Danny found his body or rather what his mind made him think was his body, was in the middle of a displace place. A place were jagged rocks and red pools of what looked like water. There were the other two, who apologized for being unable to stop what happened. They two had been captured by the enemy, though only Timothy had his eyes open when the sealed the top on him. Ryan was not. Ryan also seemed to be the most quite of the three of them.

Ryan had been alone a full week before Timothy had been brought in, and Timothy stated that it was Ryan he found in the Abys that called him and once they found one another they were in the place there were now. One thing they all agreed on was they worried about their last brother in arms. They knew it would be a man, because as Tim and Ryan showed the Ronin Warriors they were found with where women, it was going to be fun.


Stay turned for the next instalment of Call to Arms!
Armor of Halo, the game is set!