- Text Size +
Chapter five: To Arms, the Ronin Warrior Sisterhood

Mac was not sure what was going on. They were walking away from New York city, why? That was something Mac did not know, but he did know that Stella was with him and since everyone else was evacuated the only other person with the ‘Ronin duo’ as everyone but Lindsay and Olivia call them, was a man named ‘Fin’, who worked with Olivia of Hardrock. The man’s Partner was said to have left to stay with relatives in Missouri.

They walked until they came to a open spot in the high way, Olivia stopped Lindsay and closed her eyes for a moment and held her hands out then stated, with a smile. Then opened her eyes and looked up, and said,

“It seems Strata is a resourceful woman like we are. Look at the nice ride she found for us!”

Looking up they saw a military cargo plane landing on the high way not to far off from them. Once it was stopped the back hatch opened and out popped a fully sub-armored Ronin Warrior of the Strata! Behind her was a tall man with grey hair and a younger one with dish water brown. Strata ran straight for Lindsay and hugged her,

“I thought I would miss you guys, my dreamed showed you here, I am just glade Gibbs has got a lot of lee-way with transpiration!” Olivia looked to the two men and smiled,

“We we know where to find Halo and Torrent. So we will be together soon if the Dynasty dose not sent in the tin cans.” Strata then frowned and backed away,

“I am sorry for not introducing myself, my name is Abby Sciuto, as you know the Ronin of Strata. I work for NCIS as a forensic analyst.” Olivia smiled and went next,

“Olivia Benson, now Ronin warrior of Hardrock. I a Detective in the Spacial victim’s unit.” Olivia then was hugged with every ounce of strength Abby had, which considering she had armor on was not to bad. Then Lindsay went and with a grin answered,

“Lindsay Monroe, I am a CSI for the city of New York. I am the Ronin of Wildfire. But we should get going and fast. Tin cans pop up at the most annoying moments and I don’t want our nice transportation to get damaged. We need to head to Miami Florida.”

Abby looked to Gibbs who barked out an order to the pilot, within moments they were loaded up and buckled in.


The wars of Torrent . . . .

Calleigh was mad, not only had Ryan been taken but the Tin Can’s had shown up and were taking people. She was getting tired of fighting alone. He heart hurt over the loss of Ryan toe th Dynasty, but when the Servants came for her, she just reacted. She could hardly control this other side to her armor. Horatio and Eric were with her. Alexx had to much to worry about as did the rest of the staff, they ere the only ones left to defend Miami.

Currently she was running Along the beach, ten tin can’s chasseing her. Eric and Horatio had tried to help but the servants were like zombies. A spray of gun fire and they are up five minuets later. She wanted to wait until they were away from her two companions, so here she was running down the beach.

The last few nights had been spend coming to the understanding that the armor protected her so long as she did not venture to understand the art of which she had chosen. The last few night she had spend training as hard as she could. Utilizing many Tin Can soldiers as practice dummies.

She had felt a weight in her heart after Ryan was taken but after working with both Ryan and Eric she felt much more confidant in her armor and fighting. She could feel the others, a group of three coming from the north and one form the west. She told Horatio and Eric that much, so they knew that reinforcements were on the way.

Getting an idea Calleigh looked to the water and heard the call of the sea. She had been at first afraid of it, but was now very happy to hear it. Changing her stride, she ran into the water and jumped into it.

Horatio and Eric had learned after almost having a heart attack that Calleigh could breath under water, and being in water made her that much stronger. Getting in felt like a wave all its own of energy. She knew the soldier were going to fallow her so she started with bending the energy of the water to her will. Crating a tornado of water and lifting herself out of it.

Floating high above the enemy she saw they were not so tough, She launched a charged wave at them and smiled when it decimated their numbers. She had no armor over her sub-armor but that was not holding her back. She had her mind as a wepond. The remaining enemy warriors she scooped up and set to spin cycle in the water as she focused on making the water colder and colder. That is until it was slush to the touch, she then set the water gently back down and watched as the black mist left it. Off in the distance she could see Dolphins jumping about. She wished she could be so care free, but being the warrior she was trying to be felt almost freeing. So free to be so close to the waters of Miami, to know a lot of there secrete’s. She knew where several sunken ships were, many containing gold treasurers. She could take a vacation and get rich fast if she wanted. But riches held no real value to her.

A treasure to her would be her father sobering up and staying that way. Riches beyond her dreams would be finding happiness and keeping it, it would be protecting her world and doing her job right. But she wanted Ryan back and badly, she did not know why. She just knew that for one she could summon her magical armor which had her wepond with it and she was more powerful when they were close.

She worried that Ryan was dead, but it was as if her armor told her that he was alive and that the enemy could not kill him, least not completely. She held her hands out to the ocean and focused on removing the darkness left by the enemies dead soldiers. She watched as the light dissipated it as it came up from the sea. The song she had head before become lighter and more warm. Looking down the beach line she smiled, Horatio and Eric were on their way to her. Calleigh figured that the way things were going to be better once they defeated the enemy things would be better. But for now thinks could be considered ok.

Sara watched as the miles went behind them. The only vehicle that worked that they could find was a bus, and not a school bus a small public transportation van, one of the few left. So they ‘borrowed’ it and headed to Florida, with the Tiger who Sara had named Thunder, since calling him lighting was like a horse name. The tiger could care less, he had been talking to Gil for the last hour.

They spoke about philosophers and books, while Thunder talked about his knowledge of the armors and his destiny to teach the Ronin’s and warlords. He was also hinting that he had a power all his own, passed down from the first for bearer White Blaze.

“So your saying that the armors were reborn and in being reborn they created a balance of there own?” Gil asked, Thunder nodded and elaborated,

“Each armor has a brother or sister armor, the armor of Cruelty is connected to the Armor of Torrent. Just as Illusion, is connected to Wildfire, and Hardrock. Then the armor of Corruption is connected to the Armor of Halo. Then the armor of Venom is connected to the Armor of Strata. But with this new balance there are barriers set in place from the first life. The armors have barriers between them. The Warlords can armor up and use there weponds and magical sure kills, but they can’t use the ronin Magic. Like-wise the Ronin’s need the Warlords for the very things that the warlords have. Each group has its own connection that must be made before the power of the armor up can be shared.”

Gil frowned and petting Thunders massive head asked, “What would happen if the barrier were to be removed?”

Thunder huffed and settled his head on Gil’s knee,

“I don’t know. But in theory the powers of both armors would merge and create a near instantaneous rebirth of the armors themselves. I mean for instance if say Venom and Torrent merged, that would be a force of God that would form from it. Since Venom symbolizes the season of Fall, and Torrent the element of water. I don’t know how it would occur but it would also bond together the souls of the bearers for as long as the spirit of the armors egsisits.”

That left Sara to wonder about her feelings, the ones that flooded her when she looked into Greg’s eyes. It made everything in her life seem impossible. The counseling sessions and everything. She felt dark compared to him. While his life had not been wine and roses, when bad things happened to him he came out of it. IN the time she looked into Greg’s eyes she saw what she hated about herself, the part that made her angry and overly driven, the part that made her go to emotionally unavailable men. She knew if Greg was by her side, he would help her through it and be the best of friends with her. However, at that moment she worried that she despite being so strong willed, she did not know if she had the strength to change that much. She felt weak in the face of the challenge, this was not defying Eclie, this was not going over anyone’s head of facing a wife batter. This was facing herself and doubting she had the strength of will to change.

But what Thunder said made her think about if the barrier between herself and Greg were broken, would it be just her armor that would be reborn?

Next Time on Call to Arms!
Entraphi, Master of the Dynasty
For More Call to Arm's action review and feed the muse. Other wise I don't know anyone is reading my stuff and likes it.