- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own them. Various Executives, Producers, Writers and Studio's who have more lawyers on retainer than I want to mess with – own them. I'm just borrowing them for a few moments and promise to return them to NCIS headquarters. Beta: Calypso Author's Note: I went a bit AU on it because to me the story really worked if DiNozzo was still a Detective. Also in one NCIS episode Kate asked. "How did you get in NCIS?" DiNozzo smiles as he looked at her and says. "I smiled." Author's Note 2: I'm going on the theory that Gibbs has been NCIS for twenty years as stated once on the show that he had been working over nineteen. So he could have a boy in his twenties if born when hew as 18 and couldn't keep it. Challenge: Secret Santa for Dru/Asato: Gibbs has to go to the hospital because his son has been beaten to an inch of his life. The young man is the result of a high school love (Gibbs and his girlfriend were not allowed to keep the baby, but Gibbs found his son and kept in touch). The young man was beaten by marines who went gay bashing. How does Gibbs react? What are his true feelings? (for his son and…)
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs appreciated the true caring smile
~*~

Kate stared at Tony. "How the hell did you get a job at NCIS?

Tony's eyes shifted over to Gibbs then back to Kate, "I smiled."

Kate huffed and walked away.

Tony looked over at Gibbs who was smiling at him softly. Tony remembered clearly the first day he met Special Agent Jethro Gibbs.

~ Flashback~

Gibbs hurried through the hospital doors and towards the nurse station. "Excuse me."

"Yes." The nurse smiled at him.

"I'm looking for Ethan Johnson; he was brought in here a few hours ago." Gibbs said.

"Are you next of kin?" She asked.

"He's my son." Gibbs answered. "Now tell me…."

"Agent Gibbs," A voice called out. Gibbs turned to see a young man walking his way. "I'm Detective DiNozzo. I'm the one that called."

"Yes. Do you know how he is?" Gibbs asked getting upset that he wasn't getting answers.

"He's being bandaged." DiNozzo said. "Bruises, lacerations, a broken wrist and some bust ribs."

"What the hell happened?" Gibbs demanded.

"Not sure yet," DiNozzo answered. "He's still pretty out of it and I haven't been able to question him. In truth, sir, there's been a lot of gay bashing going on in that section of town, especially since The Void opened."

Gibbs leaned back against the counter. "My son was at a gay club?"

"Don't know, sir. Evidence doesn't tell me anything yet." DiNozzo watched the NCIS Agent carefully. "All I can tell you is that someone called 911 when they witnessed a young man being beaten. I responded to the call. There's a forensics team working the scene now."

"I want my team working on it," Gibbs demanded.

"Not going to happen." DiNozzo smirked.

"You have no…" he snarled.

"Agent Gibbs, you work for NCIS; now last I checked Mr. Johnson isn't in the Marines or Navy so your team has no jurisdiction." DiNozzo retorted.

Gibbs' eyes narrowed at the Detective. "I want to know what happened to my son."

"So do I Agent Gibbs." DiNozzo smiled. "I will find out what happened, and promise to keep you informed. In the mean time, I think he wants to see you."

Gibbs looked into the detectives hazel eyes seeing only complete honesty. He nodded and headed down the corridor to his son's room. Anger flared through him when he saw his son bruised and broken lying on the hospital bed. He pulled up a chair and sat down next to the bed taking his hand. "I'll find out who did this to you."

"Jethro…" A soft and tired voice called out from the bed.

"I'm here Ethan," Gibbs stood up and leaned over the bed.

Ethan smiled up at him. "Tell me I at least got a few good punches in."

"What do you remember?" he asked.

"I was at…" he paused and looked up at his father.

Jethro smiled as he ran a hand through his son's hair. "It doesn't matter to me. You're my son. I've lost enough time with you, just not knowing. I'm not going to waste any more time just because you're gay."

Jethro looked up as the door opened. He frowned when Detective DiNozzo walked into the room. Tony gave Ethan a bright smile. Jethro was taken back and its genuineness. "Hi Ethan, I'm Detective Tony DiNozzo. You probably don't remember me; I was the one that brought you in."

Ethan looked up eyes squinting at Tony, nodding slightly. "Yes, I think I remember. You were calling for help."

Tony nodded. "I have a few questions, are you up to it?"

"Sure," Ethan gave him a half smile.

"Do you remember anything?" Tony asked.

"I was coming out of the club…The Void…" He glanced at Tony.

Tony gave him a reassuring smile. "Was your car nearby? Or did you take the train?"

"I was heading to the train. I had some drinks so didn't want to drive." Ethan explained. He continued on Tony's nod. "I saw three maybe four guys walking towards me."

"What did they look like?" Tony asked as he wrote everything down in his notebook.

"Not very big, but muscular…" He paused. "They were trained; they knew how to do damage in a short period of time. I've been jumped before, but most of them are just red neck big talk drunks and I can fight them off. These guys they were looking for something…"

Tony lowered his notebook. "There have been attacks in the area. All the victims have said the same thing. It was a fast well organized attack."

"Sounds like they are trained for combat," Jethro added.

Tony glanced over at him. "Military? Possible, they aren't known for their open-mindedness."

"They also could have been jocks." Ethan pointed out.

"Anything distinguishable?" Tony asked. "Ring? Tattoo?"

Ethan looked at Jethro then Tony. "Yes. One of them had a tattoo on his left bicep I couldn't see it fully."

"I'll let you rest, and if you remember anything at all." Tony handed him a business card. "Call me." He nodded to Jethro then left the room.

"Ethan, I'm going to talk to the detective…" Jethro headed for the door.

"Don't piss him off…" Ethan yelled as Jethro left the room.

"You wouldn't do that to me would you?" Tony grinned.

"How did you get there so fast?" Jethro asked.

"I was undercover," Tony shrugged. "Told you, we've had a few beatings in the area."

"Officially or unofficially?" Jethro held Tony's gaze.

Tony didn't shy away. "Both."

"Keep me posted." Jethro demanded as he turned and walked back into the room.

"Sir, yes, sir." Tony half saluted and headed down the hallway.

~ A Week Later ~

Jethro looked up from his desk to see Detective DiNozzo heading his way. "You're a hard man to find." Tony sighed and sat on Gibbs' desk. "I have some info and questions."

Gibbs stood up and motioned the detective to follow. Tony shrugged and followed Gibbs towards the elevators. "Are we going somewhere?"

Gibbs not looking at him starts the elevator then hits the stop button. "What information?"

Tony had a look of confusion. "Here in the elevator?"

"It's my meeting room," Gibbs shrugged. "Information?"

"We have three suspects." Tony held his hand out, stopping the demands and questions. "We also have a problem; all three are Marines and are shipping out in two days."

"What are their names?" Gibbs demanded.

"Promise not to kill them?" Tony leaned against the wall.

"No." Gibbs answered honestly.

"Okay," Tony pulled out his notebook. "Sergeant Thomas Banks, Private Jason Frances, and Private Philip Samuels, from my findings Sergeant Banks lead the pack."

"How many beatings?" Gibbs asked.

"Seven total, there was another after Ethan," Tony said.

"You have a plan?" Gibbs smiled at the detective.

"Of course I do, but I need your help. My Captain isn't putting many man hours on this case or any of them." Tony explained. "When you asked if I was undercover, I was, but on my own."

"Captain doesn't consider gay bashing a crime?" Gibbs snarled.

"Do most cops?" Tony retorted. "Look my figuring is this, they are Marines, and you are NCIS, I can hand the case to you so you can pick them up, but I want in on the bust."

"What's your plan?" Gibbs asked.

~ The Void ~

Tony leaned up against the bar his leather clad ass proudly displayed to all the patrons. He wiggled it keeping the beat of the tempo from the music. So far he had five propositions. Most nights he would have taken a few of them up, but tonight he had his mind on two things. Most important the case, second a silver haired blue eye Marine.

Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs enthralled him. Those intense eyes, soft smile when he does smile, and the silver. Tony groaned shifting at the bar. Maybe once everything settled he could make a play.

He turned around at the bar, leaning back against it to get a better view of the crowd. He about dropped his drink when he came face to face with Gibbs. Jethro smiled at him and leaned close, his hand resting just above his belt. "Can I get a bourbon straight up?" The bartender nodded as he pulled up a glass. Jethro leaned back, his eyes boring into Tony's.

"Come here often?" Tony asked.

"First visit," Jethro tossed a few bills on the bar and grabbed his drink. "You?"

"Been around," he said.

"I couldn't help but notice your wiggling ass." Jethro grinned at Tony's blush. He set the drink down, his hand now caressing over the leather. He squeezed a cheek "Firm, and I bet nice and tight."

Tony moaned, his body moving closer to Jethro. "Maybe I'll let you find out how tight it is."

"No maybe about it." Jethro leaned forward pushing Tony into the bar, his lips taking the delicate ear into his mouth. "Our Sergeant is watching."

Tony's hand slipped into Jethro's hair. "Is this a show?"

Jethro's lips moved up along his neck, along his jaw and then took his mouth in a deep kiss. The two kissed and explored each other's mouth enjoying the sensations. Jethro stepped back. "Do you want it to be?"

Tony pulled him back into a kiss his tongue demanding entrance as he tasted every part of the willing mouth. "Does that answer your question?"

"First we catch the bastard, and then we talk." Jethro said. He stepped back hand out. "Meet me at Pacific hotel down the street."

Tony winked, "I'll be there with bells on."

~*~

Tony slowly walked towards the Pacific hotel. He put his body into a loose walk making it look like he was buzzed. He bumped into someone and staggered back. He plastered a big grin on his face. "I'm sorry."

"Another faggot," The one he ran into sneered. Tony recognized him as Banks.

"Faggot where?" Tony looked around then slipped his arm around Samuels. "Is this one?"

Samuels pushed Tony away from him, "Get the fuck away from me."

Tony tripped over Frances and landed on his knees in front of Banks. "Maybe you can get him to suck you off?" Samuels laughed.

Tony looked up, "It would cost you."

"I wouldn't let this filth touch me with a ten foot pole." Banks growled. "Grab him."

Samuels and Frances pulled Tony up. "Hey now…" Tony winced as the first punch contacted with his jaw. The second was his kidneys. He groaned wincing as his side began to burn. His eyes caught what looked like at tattoo on Banks arm. He recognized instantly. "Nice tattoo… Marines?"

Samuels looked at Francis, "How does he know?"

Tony rolled his eyes. "You have a Marine Corp tattoo, and personally a disgrace to the Corp."

"I agree." Gibbs stood near by gun drawn. "NCIS you're under arrest for assault, and conduct unbecoming of being a Marine."

"Like I believe that, you're a faggot also. I saw you in the bar." Banks turned towards Gibbs.

Gibbs smiled and held up his radio. "This is Special Agent Gibbs, move in."

Banks frowned as they were suddenly surrounded by NCIS agent. Samuels moved away as their victim suddenly straightened up and was completely sober. He flashed a badge. "Baltimore PD."

"Fuck." Frances growled.

"Exactly." Tony agreed.

~*~

"You went against orders!" Tony stared at his Captain.

"Sir," Tony started. "They were Marines, giving it over to NCIS…."

"I don't care about fucking NCIS." The Captain screamed. "I told you to work on the Hastings case."

"Hastings case was a burglary. These men were assaulting people." Tony stood up glaring at his boss. "Your saying some old woman's china is more important that someone's life."

"You disobeyed my order!" The Captain slammed his hand down on his desk. "You're suspended."

"I quit!" Tony tossed his badge on the desk with his gun and stormed out.

Tony stopped in his tracks just outside the door. Agent Gibbs was standing by his desk. "Special Agent Gibbs, how can I help you?"

"By cleaning off your desk and moving to DC. You're working for me now." Gibbs turned and headed for the door.

Tony smiled.

~ Present ~

"You smiled?" Jethro slammed the stop button on the elevator.

"Well I couldn't say it was because of my nice firm ass." Tony smirked.

Jethro pushed him against the elevator wall. "It is a fine ass."

"Thank you," Tony kissed him slow and soft. "Is Ethan coming for dinner?"

"Yes, bringing his new boyfriend." Jethro kissed him again then pulled back and hit the run button.

"Well if he's a Gibbs, then you know one thing." Tony said as he got out of the elevator. He turned and looked at Gibbs. "The guy will have one gorgeous….smile." Tony smiled brightly just as the elevator doors closed.

~ The End ~
Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own them. Various Executives, Producers, Writers and Studio's who have more lawyers on retainer than I want to mess with – own them. I'm just borrowing them for a few moments and promise to return them to NCIS headquarters.

Beta: Calypso

Author's Note: I went a bit AU on it because to me the story really worked if DiNozzo was still a Detective. Also in one NCIS episode Kate asked. "How did you get in NCIS?" DiNozzo smiles as he looked at her and says. "I smiled."
Author's Note 2: I'm going on the theory that Gibbs has been NCIS for twenty years as stated once on the show that he had been working over nineteen. So he could have a boy in his twenties if born when hew as 18 and couldn't keep it.

Challenge: Secret Santa for Dru/Asato: Gibbs has to go to the hospital because his son has been beaten to an inch of his life. The young man is the result of a high school love (Gibbs and his girlfriend were not allowed to keep the baby, but Gibbs found his son and kept in touch). The young man was beaten by marines who went gay bashing. How does Gibbs react? What are his true feelings? (for his son and…)